What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 14, 2017 12:29PM
Who like what and why deep tread or the radial or the pro puller

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 14, 2017 02:08PM
I run the deeptreads they seem to do good for me in the Midwest there are few sets of pro pullers with mixed results

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 15, 2017 12:50PM
Mark Sindlinger and Art Forrest are 1 and 2 in full pull production points with pro pullers

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 15, 2017 01:11PM
In our league, Hellbilly Deluxe (Paul Biehl) has been doing well with the Pro Pullers and the cost is less than the Deep Treads.

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 16, 2017 05:31AM
Here is the thing,you need tires yes buy the pro pullers,if you have a good set of deep treads or radials that r great shape I don't know if the answer is the pro pullers
I have seen them go both ways. The pro pullers sure do look sweet tho just my 2cents

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 16, 2017 04:41PM
Yes we (Hellbilly Deluxe) are having good results with the pro pullers. Both in a 20.8 class and in a 24.5 class. On a loose or soupy track they really really shine. On a tough track they will bog you down depending on your gearing and hp. The added bonus to me is the ability to keep sharpening the tires for a long time. It does take some time to get the tires to flex the side walls. When we finally had the dialed in, man when they hook, they set you back in the seat and pick the nose back up.

Forgot to add, we have 46 hooks on them this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 04:41PM by Zachp.

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 17, 2017 01:04AM
Here's what I have seen so far with the new tires vs the older radials and deep treads. The guys with the power and run good and are winning classes and had radials/deep treads and bought the new pro pullers are still winning so yes it's shows the pro pullers are winning but also have seen the guys that are mid pack with the new ones on and are still mid pack they are not going to pick up 5-10 feet just by a changing tires. Can say that and old set of radials and more time money spent in the heart to gain that extra 5-10 ft would be money well spent. Watched two guys last year change tires 2-3 times to try and catch me last year with no luck. Save the money and buy a decent set and put the money in a good motor. Just my two cents

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 17, 2017 03:18AM
saw some PRO PULLERS yesterday,pulled good - but the leading edge was all rounded off already,rolled over,not good for the long run,looked pretty soft,could push rubber with my finger a lot.

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 17, 2017 10:34AM
I haven't seen much of the pro puller tires up close they do look impressive but they are not run around home much and I know they r new on the track and every tractor and track is different I like the deep tread Firestone personally so far just because they are proven Tire around here but I have no information on the pro puller

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 17, 2017 12:48PM
Check out the TUI Legacy tires ad in the Pro Puller magazine. Whats the deal on those?

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 17, 2017 01:09PM
Talked to Lincoln at length about the TUI tires at Bowling Green, specifically the 18.4s. They are made for him by Titan, I think, from a special compound. Really good looking tires, but pretty pricey, Looked like they could be touched up many times before you wore them out. Lots of good information about these tires on his website, Traction Unlimited on builder's page.

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 20, 2017 11:59AM
I have pulled against these tires many times. I really don't think there is any advantage to them. You are not going to take a mid pack tractor and make him a winner . The guys who can afford these tires already have the better tractors​ in the class. Put your money in the motor not the tires. If you make more power the Firestone will beat the pro pullers. And are alot cheaper.. I know the price could be cheaper on the pro pullers. I had a buddy who had tires made in China they are very cheap. The shipping is more than the tires depending on how many you can get in a container.

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 19, 2017 02:00PM
I would like to get mark hawthorn and extreme tire cutting opinion on this seeing they sell both see if they want to sell u because of price or performance

Re: What 20.8/38 tire double cut is doing the job September 19, 2017 05:28AM
We have been researching the 20.8 tire for some time now, and we see the added advantage of our tires being the full tread width of the tire. On cut ag tires, the tread stops short of the shoulder every other lug, giving up traction area. As with every new product, there is a bit of a learning curve to make the tires work, but lots of our customers have been able to get them dialed in throughout the season. We also offer our winnings check to anyone with our 20.8R38 who place first in a qualifying pull. We sell brand new sets for $4,400 per pair. If anyone has any further questions about the tires, I would be more than happy to take a call and talk through the advantages! We will continue to improve all of our products along the way to ensure a winning product and give you a competitive edge.

Aaron Docter
Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520