Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 03, 2009 07:29AM
Last night I attended The Jennings Co. Fair farm stock pull. They charged us $15 a piece to get in and $25 entry fee per class. This is the only place i have ever had to buy a pit pass when i brought a tractor in to put on there show. Maybe i have lived a sheltered life and don't realize how the rest of the world operates. Then on top of that one guy was first hook and he dropped it. Then at the end of the class when nobody had beaten his first hook he decides to keep it. Now in my opinion once you drop it there is no changing your mind you have to come back and hook but apparently not there. They fooled me once but there not going to twice if things aren't different for next year i won't be back.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 03, 2009 09:41AM
I'm with you on the dropped hook. Once dropped, gone forever, or at least that's the way it should be.

As far as next year, how will you know if you don't go? Surely you will not depend on what you are told beforehand.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 03, 2009 10:00AM
I was also there and will say the $15 gate fee for the pullers was a big mistake. That $15 should have been took off the first class in which you entered so it would only cost $10 to hook then each additional class $25.The weight check and rpm check also can stand quite of improvement also.There was alot of confusion at the scales between classes.
In regard to the pull . In the 11,500lb speed class the first hook was scheduled to be a 1066 International. He reported that a pin in his shifter had came loose behind the dash (He did drive in reverse on the way back to his trailer) and would need to drop to last in the class.He never actually hooked to the sled till the very end of the class. Now the Oliver 2255 which was scheduled to be second in the class moved up to test hook position . He pulled and thought he could make a weight adjustment and get more distance. So, he took the option as the test hook to drop to the sixth tractor and come back.He did better his first distance by 18 feet on his second pull and did win the class. If this was the class you are refering to what did you see that was different?

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 03, 2009 02:31PM
I wasn't going to mention any names but i will now John Schurman dropped is first hook at the beginning of the 13,000 open then when there were only 2 tractors left they announced over the speaker he had decided to keep his hook. Regardless if he was leading or not which he was he should have still had to come back in my opinion. If this is how there going to run the show then your stupid not to drop and wait untill the end of the class to make the actual decision.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 03, 2009 04:21PM
Well to clear up all your little cry babies concerns john kept his first pull the reason that everyone was thinking he turned it down is because he drove his tractor back over to the line up chute to help his son get lined up on the sled. the announcer was told that john kept his hook and he announced it over the PA to everyone that john was going to keep his hook so i do not know what there isnt to understand about john not keeping his first hook... THIS IS ALL A BIG CASE OF JEALOUSY BECAUSE NO ONE CAN STAY CLOSE... his best tractor blew a head Gasket on its first hook and he still won the pull with his lower 2 tractors...SmilingSmilingSmilingSmilingSmilingSmilingSmilingSmilingSmiling

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 04, 2009 01:24AM
If that is the case then it should have been cleared up with the rest of the pullers in the class so everybody wasn't mislead like myself.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 04, 2009 07:23AM
Iwas at Tampico and I seen what happened on a good track. I also seen how good of a sport sherman was when ALL 3 of his tractors got whipped...talk about a whiny crybaby!!!!!

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 04, 2009 10:06AM
staying close? where was schuerman at tampico? i beleve he was 2nd, 3rd, an who knows where else with the rest of his fleet of tractors. that was a great track also, jennings county was a junk track, schuerman wouldnt even have his tractors tecked at tampico because he was so mad he got beat, now that is just a poor loser an a bad look for pulling

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 04, 2009 11:12AM
Sounds like Jon dont have many fans even in his own part of the world. ha,ha.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 05, 2009 05:03AM
I had no intentions of these post bashing John Schurman it was intended to see what everybody elses ideas where on the situation with the Jennings Co. Fair.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 05, 2009 03:29PM
well first off if his son needs that much help then he needs to just sit and watch! its obvious u are just another one of those people who prob knows nothing about pulling but claims to know it all and u prob don't even know how to drive a tractor so go ahead act like a big guy and keep talkin smack and as far as no one bein able to hang with them nobody else is stupid enough to stick that kind of money in tractors in order to win 2 or 3 classes at county fairs! u know ur cool when u can beat guys that are set up to pull mph classes!

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 05, 2009 03:41PM
My question is why is he still running pure farm tractors when he has a super farm that to me makes no sense

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 06, 2009 06:25AM
well i dont think it is anyones business at what they spend on there tractors whether its completely stock pulled out of the cornfield outback or if it is completely chromed out with a 14 karot gold steering wheels with diamond hubnut covers. so if you guys are writing a book on him ill be more than happy to ask him what time he @#$%& showers and shaves so that you have alll the important chapters in your book Winking

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 06, 2009 06:33AM
I agree he is within the rules. Has anyone ever seen a extremely competitive tractor that was cheap?

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 06, 2009 06:36AM
yeah there the ones who are on here bitching about getting killed...you cannot pull tractors these days without being willing to spend a little money....so i dont not think that john schurman is in the wrong at all and i mean look at the big picture he is winning an awful lot of trophies as of lately.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 06, 2009 07:05AM
.........and then whines & pouts like a school girl when he gets beat!!!

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 06, 2009 08:07AM
point proven!! Have a good day.Winking

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 06, 2009 09:15AM
Well with a mouth like that I can see why no one has anything good to say about that family. If you can't take a little bad mouthing when your winning you shouldn't even be in the sport of pulling. When ever you are winning people are going to be questioning your tractor. The faster this guy gets this in his head the better. We can all curse with the best of them but his langauge was just not needed on this site.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 07, 2009 07:07AM
I am sure this is a younger member of the pulling world. Hopefully some lessons are learned before he gets his own tractor.

And remember it is better to be thought a foul than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 07, 2009 07:10AM
Or Fool not Foul, I proved my own point.

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 07, 2009 09:05AM
hold on a min think about it scotty is learnin how to pull he thats not it if your 15 year old boy was to get on a 13000 lbs tractor that runs over 20 miles per hour down the track dont u think u would help him to make sure every thing is right so no body gets hurt that was just his second time pullin open class u guys that are complainin that he dont no how to pull tractors everybody has to learn u dont just get on a tractor and pull it out the end the first time u hook so i think u guys wit a bur up your ass just need to let it go. go find somethin that is productive to do wit your time rather then bad mouthin scotty and john

STILTS

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 08, 2009 09:42AM
If hes just learning thats fine but he needs to learn on a tractor that is quite as built as his 6030 if i had a tractor like that i wouldn't let my kid learn how to pull on it! he needs to learn with a slower tractor!!

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 10, 2009 10:00AM
he has pulled many times before but he has just ran that tractor twice done end of story just let it be u guys that are complainin sound like a bunch of school girls grow up life aint fair get over it

STILTS

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 10, 2009 02:54PM
Do they call u stilts because u where them to be as tall as jon

Re: Jennings Co. Fair is a rip-off July 11, 2009 04:00AM
it will be the end of it when i say not u! And like i said before its a saftey issue with his boy its not about jon or his tractors

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009