New NTPA Rules September 19, 2017 03:05AM
So doesnt look like they voted to allow 540 diesels in the LSS? What a bummer.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 19, 2017 05:26AM
Yeah, a little disappointed. Looks like WPI is lining the pocket book again by adding another limited charger diesel only class. Welcome Hot Farm to the realm of NTPA pulling. SMH, you ad that but not LLSS, idiots!

Re: New NTPA Rules September 19, 2017 07:02AM
Who votes?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 19, 2017 07:16AM
So you already don't like us Hot Farm Guys? We all ran probationary to get in and followed the rules ...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 07:21AM by turbo6600.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 19, 2017 02:01PM
turbo6600
So you already don't like us Hot Farm Guys? We all ran probationary to get in and followed the rules ...?

You are all probably nice guys. I don't believe that we need another diesel only class, single charger. I believe if NTPA wants to offer something to the fans a LLSS class is much more exciting than a class that is just a step above antique.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 19, 2017 05:10PM
You are all probably nice guys. I don't believe that we need another diesel only class, single charger. I believe if NTPA wants to offer something to the fans a LLSS class is much more exciting than a class that is just a step above antique.[/quote]

Ha...a llss guy calling a hot farm guy a step above antique!!! Look in the mirror buddy. Fact is at state level there is a place for both classes if there are numbers to support the class.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 20, 2017 12:12AM
I am confused what is meant by NTPA adding Hot Farm? That means there will now be a Grand National Hot Farm points champion? NTPA doesnt have LLSS but Midsouth pulls them?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 20, 2017 03:43AM
FAN
I am confused what is meant by NTPA adding Hot Farm? That means there will now be a Grand National Hot Farm points champion? NTPA doesnt have LLSS but Midsouth pulls them?
Its a regional/state class only. HSTPA ran them this year. PPL Midwest has successfully ran the class for several years.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 20, 2017 04:35AM
Is this going to be the same as what the Pro farm class is in UPM already?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 05:40AM
no pro farm is 466 3x3 this new class is 510 3x 3 1/2

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 12:45AM
Regional/state class only. This is basically the class that ran with HSTPA and I think it coincides with the PPL class. The rules are listed in the announcement. JW

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 02:08PM
You are all probably nice guys. I don't believe that we need another diesel only class, single charger. I believe if NTPA wants to offer something to the fans a LLSS class is much more exciting than a class that is just a step above antique.

LOL...Step above an Antique....... You Sir have obviously never Been to a "Hot Farm" Pull ..You have no clue as to what you are talking about...Move on We must have done something right we are in and You aren't ........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2017 02:11PM by turbo6600.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 20, 2017 06:39AM
A lot of color in the hotfarm class

Re: New NTPA Rules September 20, 2017 03:51PM
Where can I find the info on hotfarm to ntpa i would be running with Midwest in middle TN

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 06:51AM
"Newguy": NTPA Hot Farm Rules = www.ntpapull.com
On Home page, click on "Tech".
Then a sublist of 6 topics appear. Click on "Tech".
2018 rules are at top of page. Under them are new rules implemented for 2017.
Also informs you who to contact to buy a NTPA rulebook and cost. If going to compete with NTPA, you need a rulebook, to study it and obviously abide by it.
NTPA Hot Farm rules, I believe, really are same or at least very similar to the very successful IPL (Indiana Pulling League) rules.
Nothing sneezy about IPL organization (not affiliated with PPL), the quality of tractors and show performed.

"Jonesy" is a member and does very well with his Case.
My question to him is: With the way the rule is written, Will Wolverine (an NTPA member state) allow HF's to pull in the SS Combo class?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 08:26AM
Is NTPA ever going to post their rules online like every other pulling org that's in the 21st century? Or are they going to milk charging for an actual physical rule book for as long as they can?

---

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 10:15AM
Here's a novel idea : If you are a puller, join NTPA and they will give you one.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 12:21PM
"Ryan 68", did you read and comprehend what I posted just above yours? I believe ntpapull.com is considered "online".
Okay, so it just occurred to me that apparently you want all the NTPA rules online. Why should they give away, free of charge, all their rules so every other organization can copy them?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 01:27PM
I guess heaven forbid their fans or potential new members might like to read the rules for classes.. PPL & Outlaws has their rules on their site for god and everybody to view at their leisure.

But, I must be in the minority.. I'll go back to my corner now.. carry on

---

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 01:52PM
Ryan,

I'm with you. In this day and age the rules should be posted online. We're in a digital age and organizations need to change with the times, the rulebook is a minor issue but it's a symptom of our sport.
informer
Why should they give away, free of charge, all their rules so every other organization can copy them
First, the rules aren't a giant secret, anyone that wants to copy them can order a set and then simply copy them. Having a print only version does nothing to prevent copying. Second, yes, Yes, YES, every organization should copy them. That was the original intent of the NTPA, unified rules. They were formed for that purpose. If ALL the organizations got together and simply copied rules from each other and came to a consensus the whole motorsport would be better off.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 05:24AM
hot farm will be big were other organizations have it so its a easy choice there. In the state of mn we have pro farm 466 3x3 which is big here so its the starter class for us were hot farm is a starter in other regions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2017 05:25AM by Oly.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 09:29AM
I have pulled in the combo class a few times already, took a 3rd and a 5th . Can't compete against the alkys . Top grand national super farms got me by a few feet but am competitive weighing my 9500 to their 9300

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 03:09PM
So where can a potential puller get NTPA rules?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 03:48PM
If you were to READ the posts by the person posting as "Informer" he has explained TWICE (so far) how to obtain said NTPA rule book.

You may go to www.ntpapull.com

By going to that site;

Www.ntpapull.com

Log on, find the TECH link, CLICK on that link. It will be on that part of the web site, (www.ntpapull.com) how to obtain your very own NTPA rule book.

WWW.NTPAPULL.COM

WWW.NTPAPULL.COM

Re: New NTPA Rules September 21, 2017 03:55PM
8 bucks for a rule book.....and i have to order it.....why not just post it like everyone else does? Why cant anything be simple

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 01:47AM
did ntpa approve components for Light Pros?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 02:21AM
No at least they got that one right, no component or sigma's

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 06:59AM
it's time to open it up on the component issue, for light pro and limited pro.....why not? the hp is past the point in which the big pros went component. just a thought.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 07:27AM
Be nice if a class like this would be picked up in Ohio also.

Re: Hor Farm and Gordyville September 22, 2017 03:14AM
Isnt this pretty much the 9500 Hot Farm class Gordyville runs?

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 02:36AM
Hey New Guy,

The New Rules for the Hot Farm Class are listed either on NTPA's site or HSTPA site. (The Rules listed on site will be the exact same thing in the rule book when the 2018 issue comes out) This should get you started with what you need to know. When you join as a NTPA member, a rule book is provided in your membership packet. If you do not intend on joining, yes one can be purchased stating all rules of NTPA. At the same time, you can always call a director of NTPA or HSTPA for any clarification to the rules listed. Hope this helps

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 05:26AM
If you are going to whine about spending 8$ on a rule book, You can't afford a tractor....get over it!

OLY

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 05:56AM
NTPA Rules: Items that will go in effect for the 2018 season: [www.ntpapull.com]

General Rules:

1. All “Ag type” tractor classes (i.e. DSS, OSS, Pro ST, SF etc.) All replacement blocks used in any Ag type tractor (i.e. DSS, OSS, Pro ST, SF etc.) manufactured after
2016 must meet specs of the OEM block produced before that date and must be approved by NTPA Tech Services.

2. Contest Operations: The 330 track length rule will be the same as it was in 2017 with the option for event manager/head official and promoter determining whether or
not to use a floating finish with a max distance determined by that event’s insurance application and verified by NTPA.

Modified Rules:

1. Add to third note on page 45: A two engine tractor will be allowed to compete with one engine in the event of breakage.

A new class has been added to the 2018 rulebook: Hot Farm Tractors

Note: The Hot Farm Class will run under NTPA Super Farm division rules, plus the following rules. This class will only be sanctioned at State and Regional level.

(Section A.5 text in red was initially omitted and has now been included.)

Engines:

1. 510 cubic inch limit (+ or – 1 percent). Maximum of 8 cylinders permitted.

2. Engine head must be OEM agriculture-type (no aftermarket head) for that brand engine

3. No overhead cams allowed. Maximum of 2 valves per cylinder.

4. Manifolds
a. Intake manifold may be non-OEM with a maximum inlet size 3.75” measured on the outside diameter. One inlet pipe only.
b. No intercooler or aftercooler allowed. If OEM intercooler manifold is used it must be disconnected from all cooling means. No CO2 or any other means of
cooling the air in the piping or manifold. No ice filled or ice cooled devices onboard tractor of any kind. All engine air must enter the inlet of the turbo at
ambient air temp and humidity. Inlet air may not be drawn thru or across any type of cooling device.
c. Exhaust headers allowed

5. Turbo restriction: 3” inlet X 3½” exhaust outlet, no waste gates. Compressor wheel must protrude into the 3” bore. Intake housing to be no larger than three
inches at the face of the wheel. No additional openings in compressor housing outside the 3” opening. The exhaust side to be no larger than
3.5" at the face of
the wheel and the wheel should protrude the housing 1/8". MWE groove is allowed a maximum width of .200.
MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake covered is measured at 3”

6. The Maximum allowed size pump for diesel injection is a P-Pump. (No aftermarket housing) Only one plunger per cylinder allowed.

7. Diesel fuel only

8. High pressure water injection is allowed in the crossover pipe and ported water is allowed in the intake manifold only, not in the head. Water only permitted

Competition: Hot Farm tractors are only allowed to compete in the Hot Farm class.

Tires: Maximum tire size 20.8 X 38 (radials allowed) with a maximum of 56 lugs allowed. Tire can be no larger than a maximum of 220-inch circumference when
inflated to 20 psi. Tread width to not exceed 21 inches when mounted on a 20 inch wide rim. Aluminum rims allowed.

Weight: The class will compete at 9,500 lbs.

Safety: All OEM chassis (non-component) Pro Stock rules including shielding, safety and SFI apply to this class.

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 06:15AM
why water ony in the manifold for port injection? whats the difference

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 07:00AM
Be nice to see a class like this in Iowa/Nebraska area

Re: New NTPA Rules September 22, 2017 07:29AM
Be nice if a class like this would be picked up in Ohio also..

Re: New NTPA Rules - Hot Farm September 24, 2017 01:41AM
I know it's early, but any chances the Hot Farms will hook in Region 2 next year???

Re: New NTPA Rules - Hot Farm September 27, 2017 12:33AM
I doubt you will see Hot Farm at any of the Wolverine pulls. Maybe at the Hoosier State pulls.

Re: New NTPA Rules - Hot Farm September 27, 2017 05:27AM
Hot Farm will be back in HSTPA, look for Region 2 promoter announcements throughout winter and early spring. There will be more hooks and good number of participants

Re: New NTPA Rules - Hot Farm September 28, 2017 11:53AM
Let's get this 510 class in mid/eastern Ohio or even all across Ohio I'm tired of all these different rules for hot farm pro farm

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009