Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 01:03AM
Need pullers opinion on what size clutch for LSS Diesel with multi charger setup, 11" or 12.5? Its a Deere 6 to 6500 lbs

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 02:07AM
We run the 11" in our heavy. Both will work for you, but you can save some weight with smaller clutch and smaller aluminum or titanium can if component.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 02:18AM
Call Darrin Rursch, he'll steer you in the right direction. If you don't have a flywheel already, I'd lean towards 12.5" for lower maintenance.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 03:14AM
Would be ag chassis. Didn't know if 11 would hold up, end up changing floaters and disc often. Had a 11 in superfarm once and was to small and went to 12.5. But with lighter weight of LSS maybe 11 would be ok. Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 03:52AM
11" in an Ag chassis with a 4 disk setup, mine was on alcohol, but ran 6 seasons, changed disks & floaters twice in 6 seasons. Be ready to adjust the clutch about every 3 runs or so.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 03:53AM
What kind of horsepower level are you going to see. At 2000 hp, I have no problems with 11" crower.

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 03:54AM
alky or diesel makes a big diff

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 12:36PM
How much you slide the clutch out of the hole governs most of the wear I think. How many weights on the fingers also. Alcohol multi charger is different than diesel. The diesel needs the clutch there more to build boost and hold at lower rpm, usually, than alcohol. New heat shields are a must with floaters and discs every 2 years competing hard at 30 + hooks a year.

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 12:41PM
Forgot to say 11 inch for post above... my bad

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 12:49PM
If you want a clutch.. to depend upon.. in good times an bad. Loose soil and hard biting. Driver friendly. Big power... you will know the difference.

Re: Clutch Question for the pros..... October 24, 2017 02:29PM
beenthere
How much you slide the clutch out of the hole governs most of the wear I think.

That is a VERY VERY true statement. I have to double and sometimes triple slide my clutch in order to get on top of the turbos at the line and by doing that I have worn out the front floater in my clutch assembly. But hey, I am turning a BIG top charger with a little motor which is not supposed to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2017 01:13PM by Jake Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520