fairly new to pulling. October 24, 2017 05:36AM
Hi I am fairly new to tractor pulling. Have pulled a few times with my wifes grandpas farmall c. He has since passed away so his and his great knowledge has gone with him as i came into the picture to late to absorb much of his teaching. I have recently inquired a farmall m and would love to make it into a puller. I am an automotive tech and have the knowledge and the know how to build pretty nice truck and gas motors but have no idea on the tractor side of things. Is there anyplace on the web i can read up on how to build a decent pulling tractor???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: fairly new to pulling. October 24, 2017 08:44AM
If your sticking with the M, just like any other motor, fuel and air. Cubes, head flow and a carb to flow it. I personally am not into antiques but there a few sites that can be helpfull, would start by looking into links on this website.

Re: fairly new to pulling. October 24, 2017 09:06AM
See if you can get copies of rules for the class you want to pull. Set a budget and call around to see what will be the best bang for your buck. Facebook has several groups dedicated to antique pulling that you can ask questions and gain references from. Brian Lively on here I’m sure has plenty of contact info for guys good on the M’s.

Re: fairly new to pulling. October 24, 2017 09:27AM
Thanks for recommendation Craig but I'll parrot whats already been said. It would be pretty hard to muck up a M build but it's important to look at rule sets local to you. Building a tractor that doesn't have a home to compete is beyond me.

The M driveline isn't is durable as a Super M once you get into classes beyond 3 or 4mph. That being said, and if you're on a budget like most of us, you're shooting for classes that have uncut or top cut tires where traction can be the limiting factor.

Recommendations to find horsepower? I have 3, all respected builders in the sport:
Gary Baker: 734-678-96eighteight
Lemmons Tractor: 76five- 938-1808
Paul Marlatt: 765-938-twotwotwo7

All three know the M-SM-400-450 engine inside and out and would be able to assist you from a very mild build to some serious horsepower. Tell them I sent you.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

thanks October 25, 2017 05:24AM
Thanks for the replies and i will be using all the info and tips i am given thanks again.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,790, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member Jason