Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 24, 2017 09:08AM
Outlaws will be booking this class this summer if there is enough support to warrant it.

Please contact me if you have any questions. All feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

(seven one two) 887-1151

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 09:09AM by AV.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 29, 2017 03:01PM
I know the object of running a specific turbo is to keep cost down. On a new class starting out, I’m thinking by not having a specific turbo for the class will draw more trucks in. You want and need the truck count to put on a good show and to be successful. Once the class gets established, you could add the specific turbo to the rules. I’m hearing a 50 HP difference between the proposed turbo and a competitor’s turbo.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 30, 2017 06:15AM
So, get a bunch of guys to join your circuit and help it get on it's feet and established Then change the rules and screw them over. Sounds like garbage.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 30, 2017 09:48AM
In order to get the clas off the ground we will have to allow them to run any 2.6 turbo after that the class will decide where they want to go from there voted on by the class if anybody has any questions call Adam or myself thanks

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 30, 2017 10:06AM
Lots of guys in the Northwest Missouri area are running several different turbos. Only a few have a DPE turbo. For sure gonna need to allow people to run what they want or you won't have trucks. I'm not personally buying a 2nd turbo that makes less HP than my PPL setup.
Taylor Johnson- Rome

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 30, 2017 12:54PM
Not saying one way is right or wrong. But to stay ahead or keep up in the 2.6 class in PPL, will require the purchase of another turbo. And possibly another one after that.

Only one set of rules limits the number of turbos one would have to buy. If that is what a competitor is after.

If pullers would be interested in support of this class for 2018 with any smooth bore 2.6 turbo please let me know.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 01, 2017 04:42PM
Well said Beef
Old Rome is staying PPL

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 October 30, 2017 02:32PM
How are you at hearding cats?
I'd be more concerned with getting the diesel guys to put u joint covers and driveshaft loops on!
And a cable around the engine.
Air shutoff's
Neck braces,
Happy Halloween!!

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 02, 2017 01:58PM
Why waste your time trying to add another d4x4 class to the outlaws? You don’t get any numbers in the lpdp class now. Outlaws will always be second class to western series and Nebraska bush and any pull in Missouri or Kansas etc. etc.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 02, 2017 11:44PM
Ottpa has a bigger crowds and 10 classes with over 10 tractors in each class instead of watching one class with 40 tractors in it and a third of them or just class jumpers so I get to watch Good pulling or one class all night ,

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 13, 2017 03:32PM
i think the 2.6 smooth would be a decent class , tho if your turbo choice and your fuel choice are the only option. i think your going to have the same problem you did this year with the 3.0 class. I was told by several that the fuels the main reason they wont go to more outlaw pulls , and i myself woud rather not buy another turbo and fuel just to pull with outlaw. I would more if there wasn't such rules

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 02:48AM
Diesel Trucks - The 2.6 class smooth bore is a up and coming class for pullers that enjoy the sport of diesel truck pulling. Lots of good trucks and competitors starting to emerge with this class. In order to grow this class I think you need more organizations offering the class especially in areas that diesel trucks aren't strong like Nebraska and Iowa. NorthWest Missouri is a strong hot bed for diesel trucks especially those 2.6 trucks. If you going to grow the SPORT and the Class the rules need to universal to start. ONCE the class establishes itself within an organization, then you can begin to personalize the class a bit. Trying to start out by customizing the rules to fit a few vehicles hasn't proven successful for anyone over the years. There is more competition among organizations and events then ever. Lots of associations out there trying to steal shows and vehicles. You can say the Western Series has the best of certain classes and vice versa one could argue that Outlaws and Nebraska Bush have better classes and options for pullers and spectators. Bottom line none of that matters unless you have people supporting the classes that you offer. Sell it how you want, but first you have to have the need and the demand for the class to warrant adding it. If the demand isn't there and as an organization you still want the class added then you better prepare for a few years of disappointment. Make a plan for 3-5 years and set some rules to achieve by year three and year five. Outlaws and PPL have an advantage over smaller organizations in that they can weather the storm for a bit early on by offering the class at larger events that will have good numbers in the other classes to offset the first few years of a class getting going. The bottom line is keep your rules simple, make a favorable schedule that works for the trucks that are currently committed to other associations. and offer good purses to gain attention.

Now, if you really wanted to take some risk and get something started out west in the Diesel Class. Then I would strongly look at a 3.6 Diesel truck class with barb tires. It will struggle early on, but I think there is enough interest to give it a go. 2.6 and 3.0 is just to close in a lot of ways. Hard to sell the classes to promoters. You wouldn't be able to sell pulls on the idea of having both classes at the same event. 2.6 and 3.6 have way more appeal to me as promoter. 3.6's are going to put on a heck of a show for your crowds at the events. Lots of advantages to offering a 2.6 and 3.6 vs a 2.6 and 3.0 class in an organization. Take the risk! They will come AV.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 04:42AM
Thanks for the input.

As for 2017 the 3.0 trucks neither had to run a box turbo nor the VP fuel. It started out they were going to have to run the VP fuel then changed early.

It looks the 2.6 class if there is support to book it will be able to run any 2.6 smooth bore turbo in 2018.

When it comes to new classes we will definitely look at any options if the vehicles and demand is there.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 06:14AM
I posted an idea in another form the other day, but this is how I would like to see the diesel truck classes separated:
  • 2.6 smooth bore - air to air i/c's, single rear tires only 78-8000lbs
  • any single charger - open driveline, factory frame, DOT tires, 7500lbs
  • Super Stock - multi-charger, cut tires, tube frame, 7-7500lbs

Constantly changing rules from year to year just kills truck numbers. Just in Eastern IA and SWWI alone, I bet there has been 20+ trucks parted out or sold due to constant changes. Guys get tired of spending $$ every year just to keep up with silly rule changes. It's not a new class anymore like it was 10-15 years ago

But that's my 2 cents Beer

---

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 07:40AM
Personally I think its better now than its ever been, I don't pull with a PPL league but once you get them to stop playing around with major components in the rules it helps truck numbers grow. Stop changing the dang turbo rules, truck numbers will grow, guaranteed. 2.6 smooth, 3.0 smooth, then super stock. That's how it should be. Sure numbers dropped when smooth bore came out originally but its turned around.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 09:34AM
Hopefully this diesel truck fad dies sooner than later. There really is no issue with one class of them, but any more than that is just redundant and boring. The best thing that could happen to the diesel trucks is for them to decide what ONE set of rules they are gonna use and let everything else go.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 10:29AM
you could say the same thing with all these tractor classes from superfarm down.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 10:48AM
I agree, i would say from prostock on down, we have way too many classes and hardly any difference and it really seems to be the biggest issue in the smoker classes.

Re: Outlaw 2.6 smooth bore diesel trucks for 2018 November 14, 2017 11:45AM
I personally like all of pulling wether it be tractors or trucks but I don't go to smaller pulls anymore just larger ones. Just so I don't have to watch 3-4 class that are basically the same class. Larger pulls seems to have classes the are very distinguishable for the crowd especially when they crowd doesnt know the actual differences between classes. So the 2.6 and 3.0 diesel trucks are close in power and only difference for the crowd is dual tires. So what I have seen is one night you have 2.6 and the next night you have 3.0 at a two day pull. Which keeps the show fresh each night and classes that are so close not pulling back to back or the same night. If you want two diesel truck classes on the same night I would do one with dot tires and one with bars tires so the crowd can easily tell a difference not the two classes blurring together.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520