Planetary on ag rearend? November 02, 2017 06:27AM
Anyone tried to put different planeteries like rockwell, cat, etc on ag rearend, particular a deere? Could you save weight by doing away with the heavy stock ones?

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 03, 2017 06:13AM
What organization is going to allow something like this?

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 03, 2017 06:27AM
Dont know of that being legal anywhere.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 03, 2017 08:12AM
If a class alows components I would think you could do that. I've seen jd ag rearends with nothing ag left in them so why not I guess..

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 03, 2017 09:08AM
White 2-180, Oliver 2255, and Mini-Mo G1555 ok not sure on the Mini number, they all have outboard planetary rear ends, White 2-155, some JDs and Ford have inboard planetarys. I think Edson Leigh’s component rear use the Ford inboards.

As for adding them to a rear that wasn’t stock. Other than a component class, I doubt it and added them to a cast rear will add 300+lbs minimum I would guess.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 03, 2017 11:03AM
There’s some out there. Just can’t see the planetary because it has a brake hat over it

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 03, 2017 11:37AM
WHite 2-180 does not have outboard planetaries, the only tractors that came with them from the oliver line were the HD 2150, 2255, G1350/55, white 2-150(2270)

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 04, 2017 03:29AM
Actually, in a comoponent class, you are not typically allowed to run a cast rear end. While it may be acceptable to use a cast axle housing or the such, I believe no organization will allow you to run the whole cast rear end in a component class due to insurance reasons. It can be a cast tractor with all OEM housings or you can build a component, not a combination of both. Now what you do on the inside of OEM cast housings is completely up to you.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 04, 2017 03:49AM
I think outlaw DSS and Pro Stock I have seen both run together as well as the LSS class.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 04, 2017 03:54AM
You can run a cast tractor in any DSS, PS, or LSS class that allows components. You can not run just a cast rear end (remove the clutch housing or transmission housing completely and run just the rear end), that is not legal in a component class.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 04, 2017 01:29PM
Just asking, Can a later John Deere rear axle/transmission assembly from 6000 series JD tractor be used? These tractor did not have a clutch housing. A steel can would have to cover flywheel and pulling clutch. I think they could be lightened up easier than a 4010. DW

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 01:41AM
Not sure if anyone has tried using a later style rearend but interesting idea.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 08:24AM
The later series JD is not legal in Outlaws according to the rule book.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 10:22AM
So that brings up the question, just when are the major sanctioning bodies going to start embracing the much newer tractor technology? The popular 1950's/1960's/1970's tractors are not going to be available forever for high horsepower tractor pulling.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 10:37AM
That's a great question. It's one I've been asking for years now. Personally I think ALL OEM parts should be allowed. In my opinion all OEM 4-valve heads should be legal... OEM EFI should be legal, an OEM chassis with no trans housing should be legal. Whether aftermarket 4-valve heads, EFI, etc... should be allowed is another discussion, but if it came from the factory that way it should be allowed to go down the track.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 12:35PM
Planetaries on an Ag rear are legal in LLSS in S.C.W.T.P., B.O.B. and W.N.Y.P.P.L. Why wouldn't they be? The rules state heritage rear HOUSING, trans housing... Doesn't say anything about what's on or in those housings.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 12:42PM
I'm surprised they or someone doesn't start a class where you can use new tractor technology like Jake said I think it would be interesting to see.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 05, 2017 02:15PM
ive never understood why factory available parts aren't legal,when aftermarket homemade stuff is,in my opinion its the most asinine thing ive ever heard,esp why the prostock classes are diesel only,just plain dumb....

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 06, 2017 01:34AM
I agree that all new technology should be allowed. But at the same time why not allow component chassis?

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 06, 2017 12:49PM
I agree on the prostock but Gas runs so hot they couldn't keep it cool and together I cant think of a single tractor made that ran on Alcohol maybe some one else can. that makes me wonder how the first rules meetings went to get the alcohol voted legal there would have been a lot of excitement on this site if it would have existed back then

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 06, 2017 02:04PM
Interested
I agree that all new technology should be allowed. But at the same time why not allow component chassis?

Because I don't think that a component chassis is new technology from the manufacturer. I could be wrong though.

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 07, 2017 03:25AM
there was component chassis hooking in the 60's,truck rear and trans,outboard brakes and channel frames.hooking ntpa too

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 07, 2017 09:29AM
There is several 4wd tractors that use a Eaton or Rockwell ( same as truck) differential with an outboard planetary on them. So are they or would they be legal?

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 07, 2017 09:44AM
Couldn't allow that then the John Deere guys could run a Cummins engine like the rest!

Re: Planetary on ag rearend? November 07, 2017 09:55AM
The way a lot of rules read that it has to be heritage or lineage of the manufacture, that's it. So why can't you run an 855 or an ISX now?

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520