Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 08, 2017 01:24PM
I have a LLSS and don't think I'm getting the bang for my buck so to speak. What is the proper ratio for washer fluid to water or is methanol/water a better set-up and what would be the ratio for that mixture. I have talked to a builder up north and his mixture just doesn't seem to be working. What works for you Lewis?

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 09, 2017 12:56AM
100 % methanol in the water.....50/50% diesel/nitro methane is what puts lead in your pencil and fire in your stack. Keep your EGTs below 3000 and let her eat buckwheat!!!

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 09, 2017 01:13AM
So where is this legal at?

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 09, 2017 01:45AM
We are usually 70/30 Methanol/Water. I do not like going much higher.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 09, 2017 02:22PM
It's legal and the only way the big parts builder up north can make any horsepower unless he copies someone elses design for parts and says there his designs. Let er eat buck wheat.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 11, 2017 03:21PM
After reading all these posts, all I can say is this. WOW!

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 09, 2017 07:48PM
I have played with mixing methanol and water years ago. (its legal here) I found 50-50 was a good mix. I have since went to Wally world cheap -20 windshield washer fluid straight and that works quite well. There are some washer fluids that do not work well at all.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 10, 2017 08:44AM
I did not know that anything but pump lube was legal in water. Learn something everyday LOL

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 10, 2017 12:05PM
That's what I thought too. Guess we were wrong

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 10, 2017 03:10PM
Where and how do I use this? Do I mix it in the fuel or put it in the turbo intake or inject it in the intake after the turbo?

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 10, 2017 10:58PM
I normally put my alcohol in a 8 oz. glass with 2 ice cubes. No more than 3 or 4 fingers to a glass and repeat as need till tractor runs great in my head. LOL. Seriously if alcohol is allowed do you have to increase the amount of total liquid you are injection to make up for water that is replaced by the alcohol? Thanks to all the Veterans for their service.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 11, 2017 01:45PM
I agree with the shot glass and ice.. But any alcohol in the intake will actually cool the intake charge air more than water alone (pour water on your hand and blow on it.., Do the same with alcohol and you will know the difference.) This is a factor of methanol phase changing to a gas at a much lower temperature than H2O alone. . Plus there is fuel value in the methanol .

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 11, 2017 01:48PM
I set my intake volume of methanol by running the engine up to a no load speed of 3000rpm. Then increasing the alky till the engine starts to miss, this seems to be a good starting point

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 12, 2017 04:46AM
There's either a bunch of morons or a bunch of cheaters in here playing the dumb card. If you can spray water in your class then I can assure you people are putting something in it and if you're not you are behind in your brush pulls.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 13, 2017 02:49PM
Washer Fluid, Some may be putting things in there water. However I do not think your statement of people being morons is necessary. As for for being behind in the brush pulls if you use only water and pump lube, and do not use some magic potion in your water tank, this is not true either. We have run against some really fierce competition around here and I feel we did pretty good this year. Some people cannot afford to take a chance on melting pistons if the "Magic potion" is not right. I also know of some other guys who run really strong with good ole H2O. Not saying methanol wont help, just saying if you got other things right, you can be competitive with H2O and lube as well. No two setups will ever be the same. What works for one guys setup may not work favorably in mine. Best of luck to you.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 15, 2017 01:59AM
I sent a vile of "Michigan water " To a lab to have it anylized. It contains distilled water and windshield washer fluid. The washer fluid also has pump lube already. I felt pretty foolish after paying $50/ gallon for the last few years.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 15, 2017 03:16PM
Oh really.... Wat was the name of that lab

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 16, 2017 11:29AM
I can guarantee that is not what Michigan water is... but whatever makes you sleep at night

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture November 17, 2017 09:29AM
Still waiting on the name of that lab....

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture September 03, 2018 04:01AM
Anyone have a number where the Michigan water can be bought at ?

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture September 03, 2018 12:38PM
Just Google Salenbien performance. They will send you any amount you want.

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture September 03, 2018 09:21AM
I also sent Michigan water to a lab. I can confirm. Distilled water and windshield washer fluid

Re: Washer Fluid ratio or Methanol Mixture September 03, 2018 11:09AM
Me too
I also sent Michigan water to a lab. I can confirm. Distilled water and windshield washer fluid

What brand windshield washer fluid,
Wonder how the lab could tell the difference between the distilled water and the windshield washer fluid, since windshield washer fluid is distilled water with additives?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard