Axel seals November 10, 2017 01:22PM
Think this has been discussed before. Looking for someone who make the split axel seal when you have weld on hubs for a IH rear end thanks !

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 11:18AM
Anybody ?

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 12:50PM
I don't no of any two piece seals but they probably are .But if you will drill the end of your Axil housing for a grease fitting and pump a bunch of wheel bearing grease in it it wont leak for a long time until the oil thins the grease up then do it again the grease is whatt kept the Older tractors from leaking it will work

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 01:04PM
Been on here before but can’t find it but thanks for the info

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 01:09PM
We have 1-2 left in stock that we had custom built, they are pricey, but do work and are hard to get. If memory serves me right they are $125-150 each. If that price does not scare you then feel free to call me at:
Conner Fuel Systems
660-292-4075
Bryan Conner

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 01:23PM
How hard are they to put in just trying to save myself a lot of work by not having to cut the weld on hub off?

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 01:33PM
Just pull end cap off, yank old seal however you can without damaging axle seal area, carefully bend new seal around the axle, gently press(punch) new seal into seal retainer, put a very small amount of silicone at juncture of seal and reinstall the cap.
That's it.
Bryan Conner
Conner Fuel Systems
Milan, MO
660-292-4075

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 01:33PM
Bryan why don't you chime in on the Alcohol for fuel Topic since you guys really got things going I'm sure you could tell us a lot

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 01:50PM
Lewis,
I have several memories of the first alcohol tractors out there, I was born in 1960 and followed the archaic news channels we had back then through my fathers magazines and engineering books. I don't know that I could add much to the conversation except the first I remember of the guys on alcohol was the Hill Bros and Ron Schafer (sp) from Illinois. That was only because of Ollie Schaefer buying widened rims and trading info as I was only 9 or so at the time. My memory recalls that they were on alcohol at the M&W pull in LaPlata Mo circa 1969. I/we did not start running alcohol until 1979/1980 as dad didn't believe in the fuel delivery system over a carb.
Bryan

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 02:16PM
Did you really use a milk weigh jar to flow a fuel system ,When you started that's what ive heard

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 02:41PM
LOL,
That's a long story better left for another day!

Re: Axel seals November 13, 2017 03:41PM
bconner
LOL,
That's a long story better left for another day!

Bryan, did Bill C teach you that method? lol Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,872, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM