Memberships December 04, 2017 02:23AM
Can anyone explain to me why organizations have deadlines for memberships before a schedule is announced? Why would I as a competitor want to buy a membership if I have no idea if or how many pulls there will be with that group? Are the organizations that hard up for money that they need the membership fee?

Re: Memberships December 04, 2017 05:39AM
I would imagine that if they have memberships by a certain date, and it's before contracts are signed and a schedule is posted, they can provide accurate numbers for the various classes offered to the promoters. This helps with new venues who are unsure if they want to go with that club or another.

Its difficult for an organization to offer classes to promoters, and then not have anyone show up for that class at that particular venue. It gives the org/association an idea about which competitors are serious about running for points in each particular class.

---

Re: Memberships December 04, 2017 05:40AM
Think of it from the promoters view, why do I want to book your class or organization if you don't have members.

Re: Memberships December 04, 2017 08:42AM
Some memberships are getting alittle high in price, like for example The NTPA. I cannot understand why!

Re: Memberships December 04, 2017 08:53AM
Now some of dues goes to part of the insurance used for the year

Re: Memberships December 04, 2017 03:23PM
David Runkle(earls dream)
Now some of dues goes to part of the insurance used for the year

Dave, it was good talking to you this morning. I guess some don't get what they pay their dues for. smh

Re: Memberships December 04, 2017 12:40PM
Nowhere does it state you must join before the schedule comes out. In fact you can still join at the last hook of the year if you so desire to wait that long. Now if you would like to receive a discounted rate on the membership (NTPA) you need to get it early, kinda like a black friday sale.

Re: Memberships December 05, 2017 11:34AM
You can per day hook most Orgs,
gives you plenty of time to peruse schedule!

Re: Memberships December 05, 2017 11:36AM
And you join after deadline for only alittle more $s.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason