JD intercoolers December 29, 2017 01:40AM
I'm talking about the stock intercoolers on 30, 40, 50, 55' seres tractors including the 6030 tractor, My question is, at what boost pressure levels will they explode and, at what pressure do they restrict flow. I've been told after about 40 45 lbs. of boost to take them off what are your thought's. talking hot farm pulling. thank you and happy new year.

Re: JD intercoolers January 17, 2018 10:45AM
We had a 6030 and just took the guts out and capped the water inlet and outlet. It ran great for us.

Re: JD intercoolers January 18, 2018 12:24AM
We run a 40 series style intercooler on our tractor. We also pulled all the guts out and capped off the water inlets. We run any where from 60-65lbs of boost and have not had any issues with the tank or blowing out the gaskets. I do know if you were to run the marine intake you have to weld the tank to the runners to keep them together.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM