Power steering December 31, 2017 03:55AM
Was wondering what people where using for setups from the steering pumps down to the hydraulic cylinders. Looking to put it on over the winter and see there’s some options out there. Have a Haslag frame. Post pics if anyone had them. Thanks a lot!

Re: Power steering January 01, 2018 02:07AM
Copy and past not sure how to make a link

[www.pulloff.com]

Re: Power steering January 01, 2018 04:25AM
I use a small 2 or 4 GPM pump from Northern Hydraulics with a 2-way steering cylinder and orbitrol from a late 60's/early 70's A-C tractor. Uses engine oil from the oil sump for fluid in the system and return the oil into the engine main oil galley after going thru a second OEM remote mounted engine oil filter. This makes for "power" steering and adds to engine lube oil volume (twin turbos used). The 2 or 4 GPM pump never bypasses the second OEM filter, so the engine oil stays cleaner, as I'm sure the main oil filter bypasses for 10 seconds while going down the track. I have a check valve at the main oil galley entrance in case the steer pump would fail, engine oil pressure remains OK. The 2 or 4 GPM pump could be belt driven or driven from the front crank pulley or an accessory drive on the engine. Whatever is the easiest. Power steering is nice regardless of the chassis weight.

Re: Power steering January 01, 2018 01:47PM
I used a steering valve(wheel and column)from a JD 318,322 420 lawn tractor any open center valve will work, forklift ( I have in pic) etc... stock JD is closed center ex 4010,6030

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,680, Posts: 229,782, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason