Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 05, 2018 03:08PM
Pretty cool for Jason schulz calling the crowd with children in it a bunch of " cheap pricks" real nice. He shouldn't be allowed to have a mic.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 05, 2018 05:33PM
They need to keep the announcing to guys in the both and keep the mic away from Shultz and the "lets make some noise" guy.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 06:02AM
Schultz is bad but the other guy is worse! "Make some noise" and if they do he calls them pathetic! Nice

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 03:34PM
Announcing wasn't good. The guy running around saying make some noise interrupts and ads nothing to the show. And Jason Shultz should work on thinking before talking.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 06:46AM
Not the first time he has said something stupid and will not be the last! I remember something he said about amish people that made a certain fair board very angry

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 07:37AM
It’s inevitable that some people can not go to an event, lighten up & have a good time. Hiding behind a beer & wearing emotions on your sleeve is a boring way to live.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 09:04AM
I think I have only personally been to a couple different pulls Jason has announced at. He knows what is going on and all. But would have to say if he said comments like that, as a promoter of the sport that isn’t good. Bottom line I call tractor pulling a family sport. There are young ears in attendance. We as adults have to lead by example. I hope Jason gets a little feedback on this issue and can try to do better in future. I know he lives and breathes tractor pulling. Just needs to work on filtering what he says at times. We all make mistakes.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 01:24PM
Jason is an announcer and an entertainer.....he is knowledgable of pulling and seemed like he knew about every single class that pulled and the people. I was there all weekend and I thought he did a good job at informing and keeping the crowd into the pull. Yes there is kids there and people can say he said this or said that but he also made sure that the kids got shirts/beach balls and even brought them on the track and made sure they were included. And he did that kind of stuff every session. I thought that was pretty good of him. That's the problem with people these days is it seems like it's a lot easier for them to criticize and look at the little things that they don't like rather then look at the big picture and give a compliment. Kids can turn a tv on and watch it for a half hour and see or hear comments or words way worse than they heard from Jason this weekend. People need to lighten up a little bit. Jason I think you did a heck of a job and I hope to see you there announcing next year.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 11:48PM
Sincere love or passion for a hobby or sport is no excuse for bad behavior.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 11:23AM
I'm certainly not a prude by any means, but I find it laughable how Mr. Schultz mentioned morals before the national anthem, yet later on said things like "$10, me love you long time" and "Take [your hands] out of your pants and quit playing with yourself."

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for announcers loosening up and having a little fun with the audience, but you have to keep in mind who all is in your audience.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 01:36PM
I never post here but enough already. Jason is doing much better than the rest of the announcers. Butch needs to retire, he had no idea about anything going on including session start times and number of pullers advancing. Miles is great but hardly participated.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 06, 2018 03:44PM
No matter how good you think he is, there are some things you just cannot do, no excuses. If it is true about calling people " cheap pr...cks," if I was the promoter an announcer who uttered those words would have been relieved of his announcing duties RIGHT THEN.

I've heard Jason on podcasts and he is an enthusiastic advocate for the sport, but there is an acceptable standard of behavior for announcers and, if true, this crosses the line imho.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 06, 2018 07:58PM
As soon as I said the above comments I knew I shouldn't have said them but I did. I tried to hard to engage the crowd sitting in front of me a few times this past weekend. I have already apologized to Klint. Congrats to all the pullers you put on a great show, also thank you to all the pullers and vendors who donated shirts, hats, koozies for us to throw in the stands. This was the most entertaining Gordyville ever. See you next year.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 12:49AM
Jason Schultz
As soon as I said the above comments I knew I shouldn't have said them but I did. I tried to hard to engage the crowd sitting in front of me a few times this past weekend. I have already apologized to Klint. Congrats to all the pullers you put on a great show, also thank you to all the pullers and vendors who donated shirts, hats, koozies for us to throw in the stands. This was the most entertaining Gordyville ever. See you next year.

Thanks for clearing the air and owning up to the comments Jason. It's done now and hopefully everybody moves on!

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 02:23AM
You’re right, it’s a family event with beer being spilled everywhere, drunks fighting, crowd yelling OH $HIT everytime something breaks. Don’t get me wrong, I’m the first one to bail off in the crowd & participate lol, but don’t come on here throwing around all of this Holier than thou BS under an alias name because Jason called the crowd “cheap pricks”. Lmao. If you’re missing your halo, it’s probably under the bleachers @ G’ville

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 02:44AM by Cody.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 03:14AM
I remember one year ago hearing similar complaints about the same announcer at the same event. I guess some things don't change ??

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 03:57AM
Nobody's perfect, but announcers should be held to a much much higher standard than the crowd.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 07:21AM
I'll buy his ticket to get in

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 07:58AM
Double the price I'm still coming back

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 09:16AM
Crybaby

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason Schultz January 07, 2018 09:30AM
If you want to get on here & run your pickle licker about someone, atleast have enough kahonies to sign your name.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 07, 2018 12:22PM
The only good announcers were art and miles.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 07, 2018 01:00PM
It would be fine if they had the voice for announcing but they don't.. Half the time u can't understand them. They added nothing to the show by cutting off the butch miles and art.. I will say adding alittle music to the show helped when they kept it at reasonable volumes. Tone down Schultz and bit and don't give the "let's make some noise guy a microphone" and ull have a good combination

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 07, 2018 01:14PM
I don't like to post on discussions like this but...... Jason does say some things sometimes that may be inappropriate in certain situations. But you guys are feeding on the negative. Jason did more positive things this year than negative. And you need to give credit where credit is do. I think the children will more than likely remember getting to participate in the activities he provided this year vs some comment he made that offended you yourself. Kids see/hear way worse things on TV, but i bet you dont do much to prevent that???? Everyone in the society today wants to point fingers at the negative things. Can we not be thankful for the positive and good things? Plus.....he does more than most to help promote pulling in general. Jason and the BMPT crew help me ALOT with the raffle. Jason, use this criticism to help make you a better announcer! God Bless

Justin Stuckenschneider

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 01:15PM by JustinStuckenschneider.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 07, 2018 01:24PM
I feel the post is and should focus on more of the constructive criticism of the bmpt.. And feel like a lot of the negative comments are leaning that way.. Not taking anything away from what they do to help just need to work on their announcing skills.. I don't think it was mess acre to have three or so microphones goin at a time.. The maker laid back smooth talking announcers like miles butch and art do just fine.. All in all Gordyville was run great this year and the issue of show lenght was spot on jcb I proved over 2016.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 07, 2018 02:39PM
wow what a shock to me I chimed in a few weeks ago about how to grow the sport gordyville is probably top 2 for indoor pulling in the winter for the usa and this thread proves my point everybody complains about something announcer,sled,track etc etc etc the complaining does nothing to help the sport accidents will happen I don't care if its a sled malfunction or an announcer mishap etc etc etc crap happens I personally would like the good threads about gordyville to out weigh the bads lets start that thread about how good pulling was at gordyville and every place else us fans like to go to STOP THE BASHING GET UNITED ALL OF PULLING NEEDS IT!! thank you!!!

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 08, 2018 09:11AM
Jason and Andrew did a great job this weekend. I truly enjoyed it. It defiantly gave new life to a pull and that is what we need. As far as what he said who cares if you are that thinned skinned to get bent out of shape over that you got issues. Like someone said earlier there is a lot worse stuff said on TV. I have two kids and my kids hear stuff worse than that all the time. It isn't no big deal.

Once again great job Jason keep up the good work.

Gordon Cox

For the Love of Pulling Facebook page.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 08, 2018 10:54AM
The Gordyville live stream commentary without Jason was about as exciting as watching chess online. A thrill if you know what's going on - but beware if you don't.
Of course there is no need to insult the crowd, but how can you run a live show commentary that ONLY consists of distances and no emotion what so ever no matter how good the last run was, then move on with the brand and location of the tractor on the starting line and add to that the brand and location of tractor that's up next.
That's info you can throw onto a screen at the end of the track or get from the starting list.
How is it possible, an announcer actually SITS at the end of the track, further away from the action as the fans, he is supposed to to deliver "on track info"???

With that way of selling our entertainment we're heading directly into extinction.

We have to deal with youngsters - with an an attention span of maybe 30 seconds or they "skip" or get their phone out for instant stimulation - if we want to survive the next 20 years.

We've been watching the Saturday afternoon show here with 12 guys on live stream. All involved with Pulling (crew, drivers, sled operators, promoters,tech offcials...) and we just couldn't believe it.

And about a real mishap of an announcer: Last year we had an announcer asking a young kid driving a stock garden tractor, how come he isn't as fat as the rest of the family.... we kept him alive.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 08:52PM by Sascha.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 08, 2018 01:42PM
I had not thought of that one, one for the memory bank and maybe in a lawn or 3k antique. I laughed loudly.Beer

get off the stage and get in the audience January 08, 2018 11:37PM
Is lets grow pulling really about the sport or some guys web site. Sure seems like he needs his ego feed all the time. I don't mind some fun stuff but this does not help grow the sport

Re: get off the stage and get in the audience January 09, 2018 08:25AM
Well I guess without "egos" it would be pretty boring out on the tracks. Nothing to prove Winking

Jason is running this BMPT/LGP as a facebook site. Guess who is benefiting from the "advertising" revenue? Mr. Zuckerberg...

However - the site reaches out to a lot of people (618k) and when he posts stuff, it is spread out to those over half a million people who ever dared to click "I like" on tractor pulling matters. That's quite a number.
Try to reach just 100k people on Facebook which are interested in Tractor Pulling. FB will charge you dearly for that.
We've been doing Facebook advertising for our event for the last 4 years and keep spending more money on that, because it works. Works better than any print stuff and you can run a campaign from the comfort of your desk.
I know one promoter here, who started an indoor pull 3 years ago and who does app. 15 events of all sorts (concerts, drag races, air shows) every year. All he does is put up posters within 15 mls of the event and Facebook.
His indoor pull is really in the middle of nowhere in East Germany (where people make half of what you earn) and he almost sells out the building with a capacity of 4800 seats for 60 to 80 € a seat - for one session with what you would call "state level" quality. The crowd mainly consists of people, who have never seen a tractor pull before.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 08, 2018 01:48PM
Sascha thank you for the feedback we have a lot to learn from European pullers and promoters making pulls exciting. Some of our pulls are so boring in between hooks that you would rather watch paint dry. At least Jason is trying to change this. But everyone has to point out the negativity and be over sensitive, that just must be the way of Americans at this point in time. Just remember you only live once make sure you make the best of it and have a little fun!

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 11, 2018 01:13PM
Every I mean EVERY time there's a pulling event it seems somebody has to get on here and complain about Tractors,Announcers.Weather,seats or something else. If you can't be happy with having a place to watch a pull in Jan. thank the promoter and dont go back and bite your tongue. I've met Jason and i'm sure he regrets saying that but pretty sure there was a beverage involved "which is no excuse". I would suggest if you can't be happy with any pulling event quit going to pulls and take up golf because as a puller we as pullers are tired of hearing it all summer and now winter long. Klint was around all weekend and i'm willing to bet not one of you said a word to him about above comments yet have no problems getting on here with your internet tough guy comments. BTW as a puller I can promise you that most of the pullers don't care if you EVER attend a pull if all you have is bad things to add.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 12, 2018 04:14AM
Gordy was fantastic and Jason did his best to keep the fans entertained through and through- he interviewed drivers, sponsors, pushed all of the charitable donations and was sure to explain the classes. He wasn't trying to promote anything but the sport in order to grow pulling. Him calling fans "cheap pricks" may not be ideal but with all the other chew spittin, beer drinking, dumb hillbillys fighting over a flashlight and non stop swearing in the crowd, I'd say that's a very small concern.

From all these posts I'm just surprised someone didn't complain that they only had Men/Women options for the bathrooms.

You can't please everyone, especially in a time where everyone is offended by EVERYTHING. Keep it goin Schultz-

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 12, 2018 06:38AM
Jason Schulz does a lot for the sport,, -- let's remember that he is Human too. thanks Jason !!!!!!!!! If you have not been to one of his promoted pulls in Richland center,Wi. go it is a fun time.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 16, 2018 02:18AM
Joey
Jason Schulz does a lot for the sport,, -- let's remember that he is Human too. thanks Jason !!!!!!!!! If you have not been to one of his promoted pulls in Richland center,Wi. go it is a fun time.

I'd go, but $10 is too much money, because I'm a cheap prick.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 16, 2018 03:06AM
After reading all of this, it has nothing to do with making a mistake or allowing this behavior. It's how you respect others and what kind of a person you are and how you get treated in return . Respect goes a long way in this business

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 03:08AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 16, 2018 03:38AM
we all make mistakes and often hold others to a higher standard than we do ourselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is easy to point a finger,but look where the other fingers are then pointed.Being in the public eye is hard for most. If we were all perfect,pulling would be easy,no one would do it and life would be boring. Those whom live in glass houses should throw not the stone that will crash the glass.I am thankful for anyone that promotes the sport,helps,travels,encourages and does a lot,most are big mouths that don't have a backbone or a window to throw anything out of. Humility and tolerance is what Christians are supposed to practice,teach and LIVE by.Live and Let Live.I know easier said that done,but come on guys,the past is yesterday,today is a good day,make the best of it.Pulling is fun and expensive,a choice, a sport,a hobby,don't make it a political playing field for negative issues.Put on the big boy (girl) boots and enjoy !!!!!!

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 16, 2018 04:31AM
Thank you, Joey.

Exactly what happened January 16, 2018 05:16AM
There is no excuse for what I said Friday night at Gordyville. I had my Gordyville hat on, and that is unfair to Gordyville. It was 10 pm at night, and I was trying to get people's attention to bid on the beer carriers for the charity. When I make mistakes over the microphone it is because I always see a couple familiar faces in the crowd, that can take a joke and I talk to them over the microphone, that is my mistake because you have thousands of others listening in the arena or on a live stream. I would say the majority of people that heard me thought it was funny or didn't care, but I still shouldn't have said it and I regret it. Yes, I do a lot of promoting for pulling but that still is no excuse for me to say that over a microphone and I know it. I respect all pullers and fans because they are involved in the hobby I love and I appreciate the effort they put forth to compete and attend events.

The Jason Schultz haters think if they hammer on me that I will quit doing what I do, but they are wrong, it only encourages me to do more. When I am wrong, I will own it, but I will never give up on promoting this hobby. This hobby means everything to me because of the friendship I have formed with pullers, promoters and fans and more important the bond it created with my dad and myself. When my parents got divorced I was in 8th grade and my dad bought his first tractor Blackjack. That tractor got me to Iowa every weekend, through out high school and the time my father and I spent in the truck going to and from pulls and being around him working on the tractors are some of the best memories of my life. Pulling is full of awesome people that devote large amounts of money and time to compete for the fans for a very affordable price.

Not everyone likes me or my style of promoting, but you can't please everyone and I don't try. Pulling is boring except for 15 seconds every 4-5 minutes, which makes it difficult for new fans. We need to entertain all the fans in between hooks, before the pull and after the pull. I want fans to leave saying that was well worth the price of admission. 30,000 people don't go to Bowling Green to watch pulling, they go to Bowling Green because it is an experience and a tractor pull happens to be on display as well. I am here to promote to the majority, not the minority and put new fans in the stands, I will never please everyone so I don't even try, I do what comes natural to me. So enjoy, because I am not going anywhere.

If anyone needs a home loan I can loan in all 50 states. Contact me anytime 608 604 5068 or apply online at www.rate.com/jasonschultz

Richland Center, WI events May 12, June 30 and Oct 13 www.hybridredneck.com $10 for the whole day

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 05:45AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Gordyville Livestream/Jason schulz January 16, 2018 01:20PM
I'll say it again.......

Thanks for clearing the air and owning up to the comments Jason. It's done now and hopefully everybody moves on!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM