llss battel of the bluebrass January 06, 2018 04:27PM
Has BOB set the llss rules yet I thought they had but some of the discussions over the weight and turbos this weekend sounded like they havent

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 04:09AM
Lewis you know the rules you know they are set for 2018 the only thing that changed was getting rid of the 4.1/3.0 hacked up chargers 6000 is the weight what else do you need to know? There isn’t a meeting to talk about anything it’s happening you said yourself on a few threads recently you knew they were going 3.4 and keeping the weight the same it’s all the same beside 470 going to a different legal charger

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 04:35AM
There fixin to ruun a good class,very even now,ole rags DOESN'T win every time out,last year he won 9 and " till the money runs out " won 9 times,cant get much more even than that,all the diesels will probably park,wont that be exciting.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 05:16AM
If they dont like the rules, they should park the tractors, everyone knows the rules ,the diesel pullers were told last year about the size of there turbos, if they dont like it they should quit, then maybe I would start pulling again.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 06:19AM
Yea,that makes sense,let the diesels go back to where they were "20ft" back an if they dont like it they can park,let's see if i got this right,--park 3 or 4 diesels an you bring your tractor back out" apparently you parked cause you couldnt run with them,that evens out particitation,makes sense to me.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 09:00AM
CC I thought i was sure about the rules being set but the descussions didnt sound like it Im glad they are set this stuff gets old .thats good to no so now stand2gether sounds like everyone stood2gether the 3.4 was isa mistake just like that trial crap was to start with move on for every child lost one will be born theres been lots of people quit but like on how the grinch stold christmas ,christmas came anyway in thi case without bigger turbos

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass - grow pullin' January 07, 2018 11:16AM
Jeff m has the surefire solution to grow pulling and putting more butts in the fan seats.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 06:43AM
So are diesels 470 get to run and if so what charger I am tired of this @#$%& trying to put a new one to gether so what is the rules

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 06:56AM
Yes,470 cubes and 3by4 charger for 2018,they tried for yrs with a 3by4 an never was a contender," wont be now again", so have fun.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 07:19AM
The 470s get to run a 3.4 smoothbore inlet that’s within 100hp of the turbos they have now

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 07:29AM
According to Columbus,a bare minimum of 15%,approximately 150hp,thats from the engineer's at Columbus.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 08:48AM
And all you guys laughed at Badger State for going with a weight difference, pretty cheap try, instead of wasting money on turbo's

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 10:57AM
An u still can't run with em,lol

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 12:32PM
Cc
I don't think the rules are set, I paid my membership to BOB so I have a vote on rules. I'm sure we will have a rules meeting, there are a couple things that need to be addressed.
Kevin F. and Tom M. please comment and keep us all informed.

Lewis, keep up the good work.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 02:27PM
I will try but its hard when after this weekend people didnt notice that there was only one diesle that ran and i mean auctualy ran and smoked 20 alcohols DONKEYS buts since this blotches the other word AND some people dont have no idiea why ive preached keep the weight six thousand 250 pounds on that track this weekend tossed off would have changed the whole outcome of the entire pull but im glad it showed what a couple hundred more horse power can really do with the extra weight if someone took those 470 cube engines with that big turbo and installed them in a lighter chassis with plenty of movable weight they would be totaly domanat the class wich considering one diesle won 9 times and one alcohol won 9 times and i no the other two diesles won a couple which makes 3 tractors against 20 sounds pretty domanate 470 cubes with 3by 3s chargers are dynoing 1400 horses .Everyone is always wanting to give this or give that bullshit to equal out things but has it ever been mentioned to give the liitle guy an extra 500 pounds that cant afford these high dollar turbos or a couple hundred pounds to the guy that cant afford nothing but ag tires.theres lots of people whos quit Jeff M quit. I quit lots off other pullers quit and lots have never started because of the money game bullshitt so who cares who quits and who stays a fix for today may not work next week total strangers should fix rules friends of friends is a bunch of bullshitt no one wants to there buddys feallings hurt has caused lots of trouble in every class The national rules committee finally got tired of our KY crybaby big turbo bullshitt and nicely allowed the 3.4 that no other state wanted I no this for a fact trim 200 off and go for it because if it was up to 80 percent of the other pullers out there another 400 would be gone

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 07, 2018 11:57PM
Lewis, it would sure be nice if you could organize your thoughts so that most people could understand you. Maybe try using only enough words to describe what you want to say instead of one non stop ramble...?

That being said, the biggest thing I'm getting from your rant is make the tractors weigh less.. is this correct? It may shock you to learn that there are people who would like to build something other than a Farmall 460 or 5000 Ford. Now I know that KY is the epicenter of LLSS, and we should all bow to the this mighty super power of pulling, but it should be noted that different parts of the country have different dirt than you do. As such, sometimes it makes sense to allow for some extra weight on the nose so you can actually have a class of entertaining, somewhat controllable vehicles. There is a difference between making it a drivers class, and being completely unsafe and out of control.

I know KY would prefer that the class be 5500 or some other ridiculous weight, but the fact of the matter is there is a world outside of the KY state line, and we don't all have to march to your orders.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 01:25AM
I second the motion from 'tired of hearing you'. Lewis, Do you take all your ramblings to your association meetings?
But I will enterrtain one more reply from Lewis. How can a 470 with a 3x3 turbo, assuming it is the same one a Super Farm uses, make as much power as a SF with a 640? I mean it makes no sense to spend extra money for another 170 cubes since both motors are apparently the same horsepower. Or, Lewis, are you just spreading more of that famed Kentucky horsecrap?
Yessiree, we are doing a really fine job of enticing more people to become pulling spectators and then keeping them.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 01:25AM
After all this discussion, why is it always the diesel guys having to change? Why not the alcohol tractors? I think you forget your putting on a show.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 02:15AM
I agree Dave alcohol 420 cubes 3,4 turbo and leave the diesel guys alone for a change

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 02:20AM
Now your National Rules don't fit. Might as well build a light super

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 02:23AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 09:17AM
Exactly Dave the deal is Ktpa moved to notational rules except for weight Bobs evidentily not had a rules meeting some thought they and took it that the national rules were going to be used there also some are wanting heavier and some are not willing to give up that big open map 3.6 turbo and I'm not talking 3,6 on the EX side Dave hopefully that clears up the misunderstanding after reading back I had good intentions but couldn't even understand myself

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 10:02AM
This class is supposed to limited. Should be only one turbo size. We have guys with 466 on 3/3 charger pushing 1500 hp.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 10:44AM
It's not open map 3.6, it's smooth bore and ktpa did not take all national rules, they also are not allowing the 360 twin chargers. Wait till someone puts some money and know-how into one of those. Gonna be another can of worms

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 11:40AM
Wow no wonder Lewis cant think straight with that @#$%& going on you guys are nut,s, Feal for you Lou

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 02:45PM
Does Kentucky still have a rule where whites and Oliver's have to have part of their cast tub?

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 03:06PM
David Runkle(earls dream)
This class is supposed to limited. Should be only one turbo size. We have guys with 466 on 3/3 charger pushing 1500 hp.

Now Dave I am going to say this. The class that we have both pulled in with ISP has LIMITS also. WEIGHT. I don't care if some one is making 10,000 hp.. If someone can't make the weight, then they have no business in that class no matter what hp they are making.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 03:25PM
What rules does these indoor pulls use since people come from every were . Now Cody ktpa don't have to run the tub but I wouldn't have no idea about the other.is that better guys?

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 08, 2018 11:46PM
Now Clark, you and I have talked about this many times. This class on inlet side of charger doesn't need anything but a 3 inch. They let the 470's go with inlet size of 3.4 . So the I can't keep up goes on and on. A simple weight difference, instead of wasted money on chargers would have been a good place to start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 01:18AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 06:13AM
David Runkle(earls dream)
Now Clark, you and I have talked about this many times. This class on inlet side of charger doesn't need anything but a 3 inch. They let the 470's go with inlet size of 3.4 . So the I can't keep up goes on and on. A simple weight difference, instead of wasted money on chargers would have been a good place to start.

Yes I know we have. And what this is becoming is a hp class and not a WEIGHT class from what I can see. Why doesn't someone that has the bigger motors and the bigger chargers start a new hlss class? say 7500 lbs?

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 02:09AM
It should be a 3" smooth bore only. Is there anyone who has dynoed a 410, a 466, and a twin charger with the same turbo? I'm curious of the horsepower difference.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 02:38AM
I have been told that a 410 with intercooler is around 1300 . 315 twin intercooler is about the same maybe a little more. 466 guys up are way are pushing 1400 or better yet . Most are running 3 in and 4 out charger. Some of the 466s are 3 in and 3 out. Don't any numbers on the alcohol 370 .

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 02:49AM
410,s are making 1300 without an inter cooler

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 02:58AM
410’s pull against 360 ci with intercooler. I don’t know where the 360’s are with hp

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 03:01AM
Corey, are yours map enhanced covers or smooth bore. I was talking all smooth bore covers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 03:15AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 10:30AM
Smooth 3x3harts

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 04:01AM
Heres a thought to ponder about llss, in general:
1. What were the rules like when we had 45 running in KY? What changed? What about numbers in WI and other places that had big #'s? What changed there?
2. The national rule set looks pretty good to me, the guys who put them together have taken a lot of heat but kudos to them for trying to align the combinations so that they work well together. Agreement to align to a uniform set of rules will help the desire for another level of national recognition, just like you can pull a blown twd truck anywhere...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 06:11AM
Here at Badger State we have always had a core of 6-8 guys and averaged 10 for the year .Now last year we added alkyie tractors and decided that we wanted a weight difference because we all wanted one turbo rule. We are hoping for more tractors, they say there building. We didn't want what happened to the super stock class in the 80"s when Blackbourn and Conner dominated the diesels. Now we as a class have competed with the expansion of 466 hot farm ,limited pro and now 540 light pro. With the success of our 466 class , we haven't looked at the 470 rule just because no one has stepped up with interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 06:23AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 08:53AM
Well its been 470 with the 3,6 open map here because a diesle needs 300 more horse power than a alcohol to compete thats how the 3,4 smooth boor came about in the national rules to make a compromise .But now some is wanting to stay with the 3.6 smooth boor here how many horsepower will a 600 thousands bigger turbo make?.Now at these indoor events around the country were pullers are coming from several different States what bunch of rules do you go by????

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 10:08AM
537 more horspower

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 02:14PM
There,s been a couple alcohol tractors dynoed in the mid 1300s , You give a hundred cubic inches and then you give a 3.4 or a 3,6 wouldnt it be easier on the tech guys if it was 3x4 across the board and spott the 470 cube diesles 20 ft ,its win win no way our diesle guys down here can get much over a 1000 hp with a 470 and a 3x4 charger or your guys dyno,s are way off

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 03:45PM
I am putting to gether a 470 diesel what charger can I run and what weight

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 04:24PM
LEWIS
Now at these indoor events around the country were pullers are coming from several different States what bunch of rules do you go by????

To answer your question, I would have to say that you go by event rules since there is no sanctioning body putting on the event. A reason why I am not a fan of brush pulling.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 04:42PM
What charger rule is KY. Indiana. and Mi.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 11:02PM
Keep up the alcohol vs diesel nonsense guys......pretty obvious where this will go. What happened in the Heavy SS class 20 years ago? See what has happened to the LSS class? This class is going down the exact same road.

Anyone with any pulling experience and intelligence knows that a diesel setup is absolutely nothing like an alcohol. Alcohol makes big rpm, diesel makes big torque. They are not (and never will be) on the same playing field. Either suck it up and like what a diesel needs to run on par with alcohol, or split the class now and save the pain.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 09, 2018 11:19PM
Why is it that everyone , like PPL west , lowa ,Missouri , Badger State and some others are making weight differences work with out a charger change . Just like to post above, it won't be long before it's just DDS and HSS class 20 years ago

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 12:04AM
Thats why i stress my opinions i remember things thats happend in the past now this class is starting down that same path,You give these big turbos you better think hard you give something its hard to take it back,With that said what happens is the other side wants something to level the playing field back out and there you go ,

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 12:38AM
Last year ky had the baby bottle stuck in there mouth when the Nat rules were being made the 3.4 turbo option was gave just to shut a select few of us up While no other club out there wanted it also it was on a trial basis as stated in the rules, the trials over guys the 3x4 across the board is what most wanted i no what went on and took place people called me from all over the country KY should have been told to go get screwed POINT BLANK

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 02:16AM
Lewis ppl are done with you. Only reason why you get on here is to just stirs the pot. If you hate what BOB is doing then stop pulling with them.....when you get another tractor. I don’t hear any other puller that pull with BOB getting on here crying. I hope the rest of the country realize that you only get on here to stroke your ego. “I did this for the LLSS, I did that for the LLSS.” Do us all a favor and stop trying to speak for the rest of the class in Kentucky

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 03:04AM
Amen,that's exactly right,you didnt hear the diesel guys say much when alcohol was dominating,the one in question ( ole rags ) just dtayed up late in the shop an worked on it till it came around.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 03:24AM
I would if I wasn't the Self proclaimed spokesperson for the class and getting all of these calls, I'm done all of my points have been made but change is in the air with that said,put this back in the archives some were Jake Morgon file one section 13 so it can be dug back up someday when things prosper

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 09:28AM
Who said you are the class spokesman Lewis? Or did you just give yourself the title haha pullers calling you don’t make you anybody an have you even talked or pulled with bluegrass? maybe been in conctact with Any of the bob techs or anybody in charge for that matter? You don’t even k ow what any of the diesel guys are running with your blabber mouth I know you have no idea what your talking about there was only one 3.6 and it’s always been a smoothbore a 470 with a 3x4 smooth is going to be 20 feet back an it will look like a super farm an maybe some of those guys are making 1400 an that’s prolly at a low rpm 99% of the 466 tractors that pull in the country are all 8000 pounds an up an run all diesel classes name one class that has a 466 3x4 that’s not 8000+ other then llss so everyone’s theory is great a 466 can make 1400 an they can’t get a smell on the alkys the powebands completely different I’ve seen it with my own eyes everyone who ran a 466 in badger state with a 3x4 was 15-20 feet back everytime an also talking about money an so on there’s tractors in that class that have 90,000-100,000 in them an they don’t dominate pretty sure there’s a few with $10,000 paint jobs and have the best engine builders in pulling building there @#$%& so this money bs is old when guys have hps an ace chassis an so on vs the guy who built his chassis done it all on his own an still beats the big money guys the pull is won with brains over in the llss

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 10:05AM
I have a diesel LLSS with 466 and 3X3 and I wish it made 1400 hp.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 10:09AM
Is this thread just about who can make the longest sentence?

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 10:32AM
I pull WTPA LLSS and they allow 466 with 3X4 turbos. So Dave you need to check your facts.

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 10:56AM
Tom, he mentioned Badger State not WTPA , two different groups with different rules .

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 11:11AM
If I read I correctly the statement was no one allow 466 inch motors. Everyone wants more tractors to pull then they make rules to keep other out in my opinion.. I did a lot of research before building my motor last winter and decided to go with a NTPA group. I went with was most reliable as I also pull brush pulls a lot. .

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 10:16AM
Ok Stevie Wonder, are you talking about the 466 hot farm class or the LLSS class . First hand if you go back a look at results bstponline.com most of the 466 are bunched with in 5-10ft feet of each other. And the LLSS class has never had a 466 in are class.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 10:36AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 10:35AM
Is this over yet??

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 12:44PM
Hopefully

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 01:00PM
no keep it going this is worth the price of admission which was ?

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 01:29PM
Man i got some attention its over guys this is getting stupid Stevie Wonder took up a halve page with all his facts and didnt even no what self proclaimed meant which also tells me he didnt no his Ass from a hole in the ground Ive had a bad day been impeached as the spokes person had a 5000.00 dollar squirrel dog eat by a coyote and my names not Lewis because i would be to chicken shitt to use my real one NOTTTTT

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 01:54PM
Dont tell me scooby got eat up by a coyote,an been impeached too,lord have mercy,lol,hahaha

Re: llss battel of the bluebrass January 10, 2018 02:15PM
That wasn't Funny7th place world champion and my best friend

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard