Wrapped Helmet January 16, 2018 11:33PM
We are looking at getting a helmet wrapped just wondering who everyone goes with. Thanks in advance!

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 17, 2018 12:48AM
Google wrap shops in your area & find someone good. They are time consuming and not easy to do.

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 17, 2018 01:56AM
Check with the helmet manufacturer before you do that. I talked with every brand at the PRI show in Indy and they all said any paint, decals, wrap, anything added to it after it leaves their door voids the warranty. I would hope we never have to use the warranty but they are leaving a way out for themselves to avoid liability.

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 17, 2018 03:11AM
If wrap/sticker/paint voids the warranty then I would use another helmet manufacturer, because that is ridiculous.

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 17, 2018 04:59AM
From what I have been told no painting or stickers, goes for helmets and hard hats from the manufacturer side

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 17, 2018 05:02AM
Have you talked with each helmet manufacture rep? Sorry, I did and this is the answer I got. Even looking at the owner's manual for my current helmet (Simpson) it clearly states stickers, paint other add-ons void the warranty. That is all I have to go on. There may be other manufacturers I have not checked with but I checked all the more popular SFI and SNELL rated ones to pass the rules for most pulling organizations.

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 17, 2018 05:10AM
Its all about product liability. For years I used Helmets manufactured in Germany made of Carbon Fiber. The fit, aero dynamics and wind noise at 150+ mph was unmatched at the time by any American or Japanese manufacture, but the owners manual was very explicit " Any Alteration " voids warranty, if also states if helmet is dropped or scratched warranty is void. This is because the Helmet was made to pass SFI test. Did it stop Stop any F1 GP1 or NHRA driver from painting a Helmet? NO!

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 19, 2018 02:38AM
All nascar helmets are painted or wrapped if there was a legal or liability issue Im sure they would not allow it;.

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 20, 2018 05:07AM
Reality check How many times has a tractor puller claimed warranty on a helmet? Just a guess that number would be 0

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 22, 2018 02:40PM
Well, I will tell you this....we didn't claim warranty when Jason crashed on ETT, but the manufacturer surely wanted the helmet back and gave us a new one of our choice from their line. JW

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 19, 2018 02:19PM
This is what I was told from the manufacturer.

Once you add paint or wrap the helmet the one year manufacture warranty from the date of purchase is void however, we are still able to do repairs to the helmet if needed.

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 21, 2018 02:20PM
There's a huge difference between Warranty and Liability. If you void your warranty all that really means is they won't replace or repair your helmet for free. I really don't think it's a big deal for NASCAR teams to have to purchase new helmets if they paint/wrap them. A new helmet (or 10) is a drop in the ocean when it comes to their total budget.

Not that helmets are cheap... but if you buy a new helmet and get it wrapped and it develops a crack it means you are on the hook to buy a new helmet and they aren't going to give you a free (or prorated) hemet. It's not a huge deal and in the grand scheme of your pulling operation I'm guessing the cost of a helmet is pretty insignificant. (Unless of course you've got a $2000 Carbon Fiber helmet... and then I'd ask you why on Earth would you want to wrap something that cool anyway?)

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 23, 2018 02:14AM
I love how no one actually had any advice to the OP question. Just a bunch of what if non-sense. You people must be loads of fun at parties. To the OP, if you haven't found anyone let me know I can probably help you out. klk8801@gmail.com

Re: Wrapped Helmet January 23, 2018 04:09AM
I talked with someone at the contact number listed on their web site about this and they said if I got pictures or drawings of what I wanted on the helmet they can do it for me. This way they have control over what type chemicals are used as some will damage the helmet structure. New helmet is on order, fully decorated.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009