LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 08:59AM
Wow, out of the 12 tractors that made the finals at the Southern Motorsports lnvitation 2 were Diesel, BOTH were 4th or 5th place qualifing, both had the good charger on an barely made it, an their still gonna make them take the turbo off-- what a bunch of cry baby's.CAN'T THEY SEE WHAT THEIR DOIN TO THE CLASS.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 12:20PM
Go cry a river somewhere else everyone outside of your little Ky nest is tired of hearing all the bull 3,4 is still to big

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 01:03PM
Then DONT CLICK on the link, if your not from KY an run this class it DOESN'T CONCERN YOU,these 2 diesels are the only two that can even get close to the alcohol tractors,they have spent a ton of money tryn to get the HX60 to work an it wont breath enough,theyll be like the rest an 20ft back, if they won every time out i could see the point BUT THEY DONT check the results, it'll speak for itself.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 12:27PM
According to the list of competitors, the alcohol tractors out numbered the diesels. So getting two that finished like that is pretty good

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 01:36PM
Thanks Dave if i wasnt a ky retard i would figure out what percentage that would be but im not even going to get started wish i could have stayed for the finals great pull

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 02:57PM
@ ford guy then don’t run a 60 maybe an 80/82 they breath plenty no rule says you can’t only thing it say is air must come threw a 3.4 smooth bore hole nothing about hx60s so you can out smart yourself an run an 82 with the bigger ex

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 03:12PM
All i want to know is why they are making them take the ones their running off when they are not dominating every hook, because they are not, thats all im try to get everyone to see-- THEY ARE NOT DOMINATING,PLAIN AN SIMPLE, check results for the year, Ole Rags won 9 times, Till the money runs out won 9 times, seems even ti me

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 03, 2018 11:12PM
I’m not down there but it was said on here earlier that Ole Rags was running a 3x4.

This isn’t just alky vs diesel, what I don’t understand is why the 410 intercooled tractors only need a 3x4, but the 470 needs a bigger charger. 60 CID doesn’t make up for an inter cooler? Has anyone taken an engine proven to be competitive in one of the many tough 466 classes and put it in a LLSS? The first place preliminary and second place finals tractors at Gordyville were 410 tractors that may not have even had inter coolers, both ran all summer with Xcaliber which didn’t allow them.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 01:14AM
Yes they are running a 3x4 but all of these so called 3x4 turbos there 4.1 wheels with a small 3.0 ring in front of it if you seen it you all would understand why they are going 3.4 mainly to get rid of the 4.1 bs

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 01:51AM
All im saying is they dont win every time an their not dominating, thats all im saying, they have tried multiple turbos an this is the only one that has got them competative, thats all im sayn, the two fuels are close,this is the only class that alcohol an diesel can run together for the fans,both of these guys are good at ready the track to, an before anyone ask if i run this class--- yes i do-- i run alcohol by choice, but its a better show for the fans when both fuels are involved.The guy asjin about the 410 intercooled motor, to my knowledge it hasnt been tryd here, that would be something to look into.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 02:16AM
I think the reason that not many run a 410 with intercooler is because of the extra weight . And at 6000 it really close to having enough weight on the nose. 6200 is reasonable

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 02:20AM
Ford guy, you drive a green tractor right ?

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 02:27AM
No i dont.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 02:37AM
Wasn't going to say anything, But Mr.Obvious you just hit the nail on the head, I was just wondering if he put it on top of the sandpile again last night?!

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 02:44AM
If your refering to Kevin,im not him, hes all for letting the charger stay in the class too.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 03:42AM
Who one last night I no my man didnt because i didnt get any wake up calls or messages last night

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 04:44AM
Rags by less than a foot.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 05:59AM
Oops thats two in a row for 2018 wich equals 100 percent,I dont believe the Hammer or the Heavy Hitter could argue that case there was 28 alcohol tractors that competed along with 4 diesles 2 making the finals one winning and one not running case closed said i wasnt going to get started sorry couldnt resist

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 06:14AM
Go back 4yrs when everyone was running the same charger an tell me the results back then cause thats what it will be now again, what won BOTH sessions to qualify sure wasnt a diesel, so think again, it was an even swap, an thats no counting the qualifying sessiins at horse park, pretty sure alcohol is up by one.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 04, 2018 06:33AM
This is only class that has different turbo combinations that everyone wants even results in the end. With all the complaining I would like to see one size turbo. It's like comparing apples to oranges .

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 11:43AM
if we (team angry) wouldn't have been so big gear happy , and also wouldn't have bumped the intercooler pumps switch off ,,, the 396 cube Deutz probably would have made the Friday nte finials with a 3 inch slotted HX 60 ,,,,, just sayin

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 01:37PM
Ford guy who gives a crap what the results was back then these little 3.0 cummins was making 800 to 900 horse then theyve don more homework what are the now someone please tell two tractors left the SS class to come to this class the rules were in black and white two of the tractors ;pulled heavy and light SS at one time so maybe since the dino says 3x4 470 cube engines THE good ones can make 1500 hp and 1500 on a diesle wont work for this class against a 1340 alky someone needs to take the polar plunge and place there old 3x4 they ran 4 years ago with a set of 24,5s and see if theres something missing somewere and [pull that class a few times these 410 guys dont seem to be to worried and they are getting another 100 horse out of the same old columbus hx 60 used 4 years ago.Ihate to think what can be done with a 3.4 or 6 in a few years

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 01:46PM
Papa john does your pipsqueak little 396 cube Deutz with no crossflow head ever beat you bad ass diesle kicken 666 if the answer is no skip forward 3 spaces

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 02:52PM
I think thats a callout? Lewis's allis he built against the deutz

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 03:21PM
I am bad at spelling typing and putting my words together But ive got you all mixed up or something,Ill go back and read between my lines

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 11:28PM
Lewis--- IF YOU ran a bigger charger on the Allis,( i dont know if you did )then YOU CANT SAY A THING about chargers cause you knew the charger size on alcohol so YOU CHEATED PERIOD. Heres what you need to do Lewis, your smart enough that you wouldn't have trouble finding a job, move up North where the 410 intercooler is allowed, then you can start up the campaign on the 6200lb weight issue up there, im sure theyd welcome you with a cold one, or if you dont go aggravate the light hot farm guys that you were gonna go upset the whole class with your wisdom.

Re: LLSS TURBO ON DIESELS February 06, 2018 11:44PM
Come on up Lewis we could use a builder for alcohol tractors. We hear they are being build but never see them. But we have one size charger rule and we spot check. Maybe if the south would raise the weight a bit , you might see more 410 diesel tractors. John Anderson ran 6200

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 01:54AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009