Ih 540 vs 640 superfarm February 05, 2018 09:09AM
How much more hp and torque does a top notch super farm have compared to the same thing only a 540

Re: Ih 540 vs 640 superfarm February 06, 2018 01:23AM
That's a good question and it has been tried many times.
In 2014 I think a guy ran a Deere 466 in Badger SuperFarm and was consistently in the upper half of the class.
We here run 3 Fords in SuperFarm 2 on 540 one on 510.
My Blue Bye U last year with a 540 on ice ran rather good for never being on the dyno.
Ended up 3 firsts in a row and many 2nds and 3rds with Pullers Inc. and managed a 4th with BSTP once.
I have never run any kind of data recorder so I have no idea what pressures or temps were.
We are planning on heading to a dyno this year to see where we stack up HP and Torque.
I will say that with todays turbos and pumps alot can be made up for lack of cubes.
The 3" exhaust is what helps the smaller cubes. They have less exhaust to shove through a small hole.
Thus can RPM up higher and make power at a higher rpm curve.
In the end on a tight track with good tractors like BSTP SuperFarms the cubic inch will probably win.
There is way more to pulling than power we ain't pulling dyno numbers down the track after all.
Sorry I gave no reference to any IH so maybe this is no help.

Andy Keyes

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM