Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 08:11AM
Heard half the class has illegal housings?? The slot is too big??

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 09:57AM
Heard that half of the crowd could care a less about the class.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 03:15PM
After reading this post, I am glad I still pull superstock on a state level.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 04:13PM
Chargers are legal, don't let the keyboard pullers troll the page lol

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 02:14AM
I got news for ya the 4wd was a good class very competitive I normally leave when the tractors come out and know a bunch of others do the same I just get sick of hearing about the 4wds I enjoy the class. Furthermore I didnt see many people get up and leave

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 12:11PM
so which rule book are you reading from?? the farm show does its own thing! move along...

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 12:44PM
You really think 1/2 the crowd likes that class?

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 01:05PM
Yes half of the turbo were wrong I really hope they don’t let the illegal ones run. We all know the rules before we go to any event. Wrong is wrong!! And the nfms has the same turbo rule as nytpa and ppl. I’m glad they are checking and do a great job.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 01:20PM
So will the Super Farms be back next year?

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 02:33PM
Word form the all mighty Whitt is NO!

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 03:04PM
If not thank all the cheaters from over the years.There are a bunch of them to thank.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 03:01PM
prostocks are just diesel dragsters. don't watch them any more. 4.1 was a good class to start but slowly going to ruin it to. super farm would be a good class if they went to a 3.6 smooth bore charger. I have seen some chargers that are all cut and grooved in the 3 inch line by more than one builder.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 04:36PM
Heard that out of Wednesday group only 5 passed!?! If that's so the class needs to go. What a joke.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 09:20AM
theres was only one legal turbo in the top 4...good job toni... the npta guy didnt habe to cheat like the ppl guys do...but then ppl guys can do anything there.........this hole pull is nothing but a big joke.... looked like half seats empty also...ppl guys had to big of map ring...im sure adds 30 to 50 hp...

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 05:14PM
These are ALL turbos that have run all summer and have been approved by both NTPA and PPL. It wasn't until today that anybody has ever had a problem with any of these turbos. It is a shame that the pullers and the turbo builder are being called cheaters.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 11:11PM
How come they don’t do fuel test on the alcohol tractors or the diesel pro stocks and super stocks? And the problem is they need to check the turbo after they have pulled and if it does not pass they are illegal and dq’d. There is no punishment for being checked before and told to change. That’s why they come back the following year with something else to try and get away with it. Last year the same guys were caught at nfms and told to change.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 07:55PM
Those turbos were ran at nfms last year. Everything was fine. The four wheel drive trucks need to go that was a joke 3 sled resets and you can't move them around as efficient. Then the mod class was reset. The best showing was the super farm class and pros.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 14, 2018 11:53PM
Lol agreed, it’s no secret what the “fans” like when they all go to the hallways for beer during the 2WD and 4WD pickups. Should be tractors only!!

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 12:22AM
From what I've heard the Russians passed out illegal turbos to the tractors they want to win.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 02:11AM
Wow all this helps to support the sport !!!!! You usually know who the cheaters are and usually only a couple in the group. Hard to believe that many at NFMS. Must be more to it .

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 02:35AM
There was a maintenance guy painting in one of the bathrooms and that was more exciting to watch than the super farm class

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 07:54AM
What part of legal don’t you get ? Drop it.
NFMS did.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 04:53AM
So replace SF with what? People are going to try and cheat no matter what the class is.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 05:02AM
I would bet there are a dozen more light supers or limited pros or light pros that would like to pull in louisville. They could even add a pro stock diesel truck class

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 06:47AM
Bring back the Mini Modifieds!

www.hamboyzracingtoys.zenfolio.com

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 07:29AM
Light Supers and Light Pro would be my first two choices. I'd also drop a Pro Stock session and add the Minis if it were up to me.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 08:17AM
Jake Morgan
I'd also drop a Pro Stock session if it were up to me.

4 sessions of 12 pros was the best thing I've heard in years down there..................Thumbs Up

Jake didn't you write an opinion article 10 years ago or more,...... that you asked if the prostock class was dying?Confused

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 09:21AM
It wasn't that they where trying to cheat especially since there was 10 tractors with illegal turbos. Bc all 10 of those tractors had the same brand new out of the Box turbo on. So is it the participants fault or the turbo manufacturer? Which they sent there design to NTPA and PPL to make sure it was legal and they passed. And he was there to help defend the pullers. So why does NFMS have there own different definition of the same rule?

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 10:08AM
So who was not allowed to pull with this "illegal" turbo?

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 10:25AM
You all need to get Lewis to get on board, he's the turbo police-- blahhhhaaa, lol

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 11:58AM
To the guy who asked why they don't test fuel in USS, DSS,and pro stocks...........how about because those blocks will explode on the fuel they are running now. What? Do you honestly think those guys are going to inject something else and scatter parts at an indoor pull like Louisville and risk injuring someone and destroying a motor? Come on, that is a hit below the belt to all of them pullers

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 12:54PM
I think if blocks were an issues they wouldn’t be going bigger and bigger turbos every year on the pro stocks and supers and maybe they wouldn’t fall apart if they were checked for fuels. Some people must think others are stupid when you see different color flames from a alcohol powered engines. Maybe it’s just me after being around nitro drag cars for part of my life. I’m not saying it’s a huge percentage but if they started testing other classes even the mods you will find a lot of funny fuels. If those guys are not cheating then no one should be upset about being checked. Don’t always pick on the super farms just because it is the most competitive class out there. Look at the results from other classes I see a lot of distance between 1st and last Place that’s a pretty bad show to watch.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 02:10PM
Im on board now Plow head the 3,6 is gone LOL and i didnt even have a vote ,so leave me alone so i wont get started or just introduce yourself to me some time

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 02:38PM
To miss you need to think... next year when your favorite class is home because of their perennial cheating habits you get to also stay home or not watch the real trucks and tractors that actually belong there. But worry not you can still catch them pulling floats at any local parade.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 02:55PM
It’s ok. Nfms isn’t the only game in town. Lots of better indoor pulls around. 10 years ago there weren’t as many indoor winter pulls. Now there are 3 a month during the winter. It’s hard to talk sense to some that finished high school. People get scared when things are different and you have to think about ways to build power not just buy it with government kick backs. Wait I think that has ended too. I will agree the superfarm class is out of control on spending. It is cheaper to have a alcohol tractor than a superfarm now days. 10-15k a year for just updates to gain 50hp. Box stock turbo and the class would double in size. Fans in the stands don’t know the difference. If they did they would have been upset years ago when the supers were only 600hp and half track speed of 18mph. But no, they would go home and talk about home amazing the tractor pulls were. We all need to realize the cost and get it under control for every class.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 15, 2018 03:24PM
Amen get things back apples to apples instead of who bought there way in

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 16, 2018 12:47AM
has there ever been a year where this class didnt have controversy? time to cancel the super farm crap fest and bring in more lite pros

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 16, 2018 02:01AM
and, craptastic, what makes you think they are any more 'honest' than who you are accusing? Besides, all of you SF accusers, where is all this proof of cheating? Cheating in what way? Sounds just like all the alleged allegations of sexual misconduct but we never hear of any real evidence.
If you cannot come here with honest facts, then do not say anything.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 16, 2018 03:47AM
There are 2 types of pullers in EVERY class, CHEATERS and LOSERS! !!!! Plain and simple if there's rules than someone is going to push the limits.

Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 03:57AM
They've already decided to have two classes of light bro and two classes of limited pro for next year because they're tired of all the Superfarm guys complaining so thank you

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 04:53AM
You know when all you keyboard pullers shut down the Super farm class bc you cant f*cling hang with your tractor. Then we are just going to jump up to your beloved 10 year old prostock class. And then destroy you and cause drama in that class. Bc we know how to find hp and you dont. Besides it Wasn't even the pullers fault it was the Manufacturers fault when we buy a part we expect it to be compliant. So why don't you keyboard pullers stop creating drama. And leave us alone.

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 05:10AM
I run super farm...I didn't apply to Louisville this year because I felt I had a mediocre year and had a low chance of being accepted. My turbo is 100 percent legal to the best of my knowledge...I say that because I was not checked at any pull I went to. I didn't run multiple organizations this summer....so I don't know how other places did things... but how are these questionable turbochargers just coming to light at Louisville? These tractors are supposed to be the best of the best from all organizations... I have a strong feeling that all these people did not build illegal turbo just for the purpose of pulling at Louisville. Does this mean that these questionable turbochargers were allowed to run in these top organizations all summer long? I know that a lot of these organizations have a hand in helping put the Louisville pull on as well. If all these guys are running questionable turbo and getting away with it all summer and then at Louisville they get accused of being illegal...something seems wrong with this. I'm not going to bash anybody online I would hope nobody bashes me for stating my opinion. I know some people dislike super Farm and I know some people like it. I will conclude with if you have a class that has restrictions Weather it be super Farm limited Pro Stock light Pro Stock modified or any class that doesn't start with the words Unlimited. Those restrictions should be checked and monitored throughout the season to make sure that everyone is on a Level Playing Field. That's all I wanted to state I wish all the competitors at Louisville good luck on Friday and Saturday and hope they all have safe travels back to their respective hometowns. Thanks Chris Weidinger

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 10:45AM
Right on Chris it's time for a beer and a fuel filter change

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year, to wingdinger February 16, 2018 12:56PM
There has been a "new development" in turbocharger design since the end of the season.
The "new development" was shown at some NTPA tech schools, and the new turbo is 100% ILLEGAL !!!!!!
That is for NTPA competition.
The new development in some cases requires a new air gate, due to air being allowed in , in quite an interesting place.
Let's just say they took "map ring" to an insane level.

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year, to wingdinger February 17, 2018 01:23AM
Sort of an answer
There has been a "new development" in turbocharger design since the end of the season.
The "new development" was shown at some NTPA tech schools, and the new turbo is 100% ILLEGAL !!!!!!
That is for NTPA competition.
The new development in some cases requires a new air gate, due to air being allowed in , in quite an interesting place.
Let's just say they took "map ring" to an insane level.

its not a new development, the truck classes were using this same MAP groove 3 years ago. the reason super farm went back to MWE turbos is for money. there was not advancements being made in the smooth bore turbos so nobody needed to buy a turbo every month to keep up. The change the MWE covers and the turbo companys plays the game all over again. oh we found another 20hp, this charger did this..... give me all your money. ......these crazy map ring chargers have been around since super farm went back to map rings you just had to be in the know to have one.

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 03:43PM
Turbo charge deez nuts

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 17, 2018 03:24AM
Did NTPA check any turbos last summer? Who inspected them at Louisville.

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 11:28AM
Move on up, can’t wait to watch what happens when you have to drive real horsepower
Getting the popcorn ready

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 01:23PM
Puller12000
Move on up, can’t wait to watch what happens when you have to drive real horsepower
Getting the popcorn ready
What a dick comment! Cris didn’t badmouth anyone, and you come up with this?? It wasn’t that terrible long ago that a pro stock made 15-1600 hp.
If I interpreted your comment wrong, I apologize.
Raymond Hall

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 02:03PM
This was in response to wake-up! D Head

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 02:47PM
Pullet 12000. How about you actually own a tractor lol. There isn't that big of a step from super farm to 4.1 your beloved 10 year old prostoks that didn't want to update so you throw a fit till someone caves and makes a class for you. And yeah I have talked to a few super farm guys that have jumped up this fall to your beloved class. You just point and shoot all classes are the same when you pull these racing sleds now a days.

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 03:57PM
Some days I wonder why pulling isn't as main stream as it should be, but then I come on to Pulloff and read comments like some of the above comments and realize exactly why it isn't.

I follow all sort of motorsports, dirt tracks, monster/mega trucks, mud boggers, some NASCAR, drag racing and many more. The one thing I rarely ever see the guys from any of those other motorsports do; is rag on the other guys who run in the upper or lower classes from themselves. What's the point? They might poke fun a little bit amongst themselves, but nothing compared to the class bashing that come from pullers on sites like this. Who cares if you pull antiques or a Unlimited Modified? Everybody has their own budget, and everybody does it because they enjoy the sport and people involved, and mostly because we're all gearheads.

Motorsports in general has nothing to do with competition against another guy. All it is, is competition against yourself and making your equipment do better than you/it did the last time out. If you can beat somebody else within 100% of the rules, great! That's awesome, and the crowd will love it. Hopefully all the competitors in that class can go back to the pits, enjoy a cold drink, and see if they can do better the next time. That is what pulling is about.

OK I'm done, feel free to carry on..

---

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 17, 2018 12:52AM
Very well said, your exactly right,i can go to the local drag strip an you dont hear anyone say anything if a car runs in the 6s or 12s.

The real story February 17, 2018 10:49AM
Funny thing was the puller that was singled out.......was a outlaw puller........after 5 turbos
had been approved. .......then when the ntpa and ppl tech people were called out on it....they realised that they painted themselves in a corner........drama created by the tech boys.....maybe they need to look at 3 tech boys

Re: The real story February 17, 2018 01:56PM
Well said.

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 04:12PM
Wake up
Besides it Wasn't even the pullers fault it was the Manufacturers fault when we buy a part we expect it to be compliant.

Man I hope I read that right. And if I have I guess now the puller doesn't have to check what the manufacturer has done. Just EXPECT it to be right. bwahahahahahaha

Re: Will not be at Louisville next year February 16, 2018 09:23PM
Those turbos and cover were run at nfms last year and passed. Why now are they not allowed seems like a poor excuse to get rid of sf

Legal SF turbos in Louisville February 17, 2018 12:28AM
From what I've been told the turbos in question were indeed run here last year and were run all Summer long with no issue. The Map ring enhancements were one of the reasons that the NTPA went to smooth bore chargers many years ago. The NTPA dropped the smooth bore requirement, but it might be time for ALL the pullers in the class and in ALL organizations to revisit a smooth bore cover to simplify the rules.

Whether the class will be back here next year I don't know, I've been hearing rumors either way, what I do know is that they put on a great show here. Year after year after year they have had some of the tightest competition of ANY class here. They've also been the most controversial class year after year after year at this event. I'm sure it will be a difficult decision for the 2019 show.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Legal SF turbos in Louisville February 17, 2018 03:47AM
Little history here. Years ago NTPA decided to get rid of the slot in the compressor side of the turbo. PPL still allowed the slot and an intercooler. This made it harder for NTPA competitors and PPL competitors to cross over to the other organization at nearby events. After a few years, and discussions among competitors of both organizations, there was word among the pullers that if NTPA pullers agreed to go back to a slot, PPL guys would get rid of the intercooler, making the rules the same between the 2 organizations. NTPA finally allowed the slot again, but unfortunately, the PPL guys voted to keep the cooler. There is a little difference in the written rule in NTPA vs. PPL also. The turbos in question at Louisville have been run in both NTPA and PPL with no disqualification. The difference in the compressor side of the turbo has stopped most of the turbo's from giving up at the end of the track (chirping)--guys may kill the motor, but even that is rare these days. This turbo has helped the show a lot. The issue at Louisville is that 1 turbo builder press fit and bolted the front slug on the main body of the turbo, another builder welded it on. Both turbo's pass as far as the slot meeting the .200 rule. The issue is press fit/bolts, vs. press fit/weld. Again, these turbos have been around for 2 years, and there is no rule that I know of in the rule book that says "weld". This should not have been an issue. The turbos the tech's took apart passed the .200 slot rule. The owners of the tractors did not modify these turbos either. NTPA, PPL, and Louisville, can all help the sport by cleaning up the language, and even add the word "weld" if they think that is an issue. Thanks to Morgans so this can be discussed.

Re: Legal SF turbos in Louisville February 17, 2018 07:58AM
So what was deemed illegal.? There must be more to the story or more done to the turbo than bolt versus weld

Re: Legal SF turbos in Louisville February 17, 2018 10:13AM
Nothing was deemed illegal.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 17, 2018 09:15AM
so who is building these covers? who had them on? are these on the Harts sf charger? need more info.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 18, 2018 02:28AM
It's all bs for people to talk about. I didn't see anywhere in the results stating anyone did anything wrong or was disqualified. This will be settled and proved when we put the Russians in jail for conspiracy. Get over it and move on. It comes up at Louisville time every year. Time to talk about something new.

Re: Illegal turbos in Louisville for SF February 18, 2018 05:42AM
The biggest problem here are the various posters (wonder how many have the same IP address) that continue to display their sincere hatred for the SF class and are only, as always, distributing their stinky smelling crap of their opinion of the class, thinking it is all true and that everybody's opinion of the class is identical to theirs.

And the posting accusers, like always, never come with any actual evidence of who the alleged cheaters are and what they did.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro