Announcers are doing a good job February 15, 2018 02:07AM
I like the new guy at The show, never heard him before

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 15, 2018 10:00AM
Is Butch Ok? He wasn't looking good last night.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 15, 2018 11:23AM
But they still got that Jack A$$ in the black hat when are they dumping him

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 15, 2018 01:56PM
So I interpret announcers are Butch Krieger, Dave Bennett and the new guy or guys are who?

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 15, 2018 02:55PM
Dan Mayer is the other one. I agree he has done really well.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 15, 2018 03:44PM
Puller 12000
But they still got that Jack A$$ in the black hat when are they dumping him

Curious what you don't like about Dave?

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 16, 2018 12:39AM
i dont like his accent or tone of his voice.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 16, 2018 01:28AM
I personally think Dave does a great job. He brings a different flavor to be sure, but he has some neat ways of saying things, and it's nice to hear someone you don't see all summer.

Also I think Dan is doing a great job! Have heard hime a few times and like the way he speaks, a real professional.

Butch is tried and true, but unfotunatley gets caught up in relying 100% on the papers in front of him for line up....which occasionally changes. He got caught on that a couple of times last night. Still a legend and have enjoyed listening to him for a number of years.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 18, 2018 03:43AM
Im guessing he didn't call the crowd cheap pricks so it was a great job. Dave is a great announcer but like most of the NTPA pullers the fans just wont open their eyes to anything different.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 18, 2018 05:37AM
The resistance to Dave is two parts. His voice is a lot like the diesel pickups in that some things that are good outdoors do not work well inside. That big booming voice is a plus I bet at outdoor shows. The acoustics in Freedom Hall do not work in his favor and he also gets a little excited and words get to rolling out quicker than can be understood. I sat in a section near a speaker wednesday night and it wasnt pleasant until his mic got adjusted. He has been around too long to not recognize his place in the sport, he wouldve been sent packing a long time ago if he wasnt good, even if it only translates well west of the river.
Love Butch and want him there as long as he wants to.be there. Mayer seems to be the real deal, hope he can get more mic time. Need 4 announcers for this show, bowling green has 2 too many and these guys need a chance to keep their voices in good shape.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 18, 2018 05:46AM
Dan is the right combination
Well rounded
He needs to be the main announcer from here on out

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 16, 2018 02:47AM
Unfortunately I am not at the NFMS, but we listen to Dave Bennett announce all summer long and have for about 15 years, including the 6 years at the WFS indoor event, and I think he does a great job!

He has spontaneous jokes, laughter, great interview questions, technical savvy and gets the crowd into it!

He has done a lot more for the sport of truck and tractor pulling in his many years than most will realize

My $.02
Craig

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 17, 2018 01:30AM
Yeah, Dave Bennett's one of the best. I kinda like the southern flavor he brings to the pulls.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 17, 2018 01:39AM
Hog Hastings would be a great announcer, he does an EXCELLENT job announcing for OSTPA!

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 17, 2018 02:34AM
I think Dave does a good job. I remember when he got started doing the indoor shows.

Re: Announcers are doing a good job February 18, 2018 02:11AM
Watch the whole pull live stream. Dave is a combination of Larry the Cable Guy and Good all southern boy accent. Might be funny for stand up comedy, but wasn't good for a elite tractor Indoor tractor pull !!! Wish they would have let Dan have more of the leading roll. Has a good clear announcing voice and good pulling knowledge. Dave made a lot of shooting from the hip comments ! JMO

Announcing February 17, 2018 09:05AM
The dude in the cowboy hat needs to go. He doesn't know near what he thinks about the tractors, and people as he thinks he does. And interrupting Butch shouldn't be done. There are alot better people to put in his placr

Re: Announcing February 17, 2018 10:45AM
Butch does a great job, but sometimes Dave had to interrupt him to correct him on which tractor was on the track, that happened multiple times, it wasn't a big deal, Butch still does a great job, but to crush Dave for no reason seems ridiculous. He's been awesome for years. We are lucky to get to here him every weekend in Outlaw country

Dump Dave February 17, 2018 12:42PM
To loud, takes all the mike time and is NOT funny

Re: Dump Dave February 17, 2018 03:23PM
I agree. He might be good out west, but not here.

Re: Dump Dave February 17, 2018 05:24PM
Would it help you-all south-easterners if I told ya-Alls that Dave actually likes Grits, AND sweet tea?
I have no idea how or why he likes that crap, but he does!

Re: Dump Dave February 18, 2018 07:04AM
As far as announcing goes i knew what was going on so if anyone else could pick up a mic and do better go for it cause i am sure you would not keep everyone happy either. The System is not perfect but until something better comes along we just have to deal and work with what we have

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro