Component Super Farms: Idea who'se time has come July 10, 2009 09:57AM
It's time for the major organizations to consider allowing component super farms.

If someone doesn't want to build one, no one is forcing them, just like the other classes.
Yeah, I know a SF don't make as much power as a PS or SS.

However, for safety and other reasons, it's time to allow them.

Re: Component Super Farms: no way July 10, 2009 10:18AM
ur crazy and problaly dont even pull s f let alone anything. s f by no means needs to be component it will be a added exspense that will drive the class farther out of wack then it already is. if the class keeps going were going to loose more pullers and it will not help draw any new ones because of the cost.and ur going to say it will cost the same to build either chasis a comp will cost more from scratch and will cost a lot more than a already run rolling ag chasis.it by no means is a safety issue in super farm and i would like to know ur other reasons.

Re: Component Super Farms: yes way July 10, 2009 10:23AM
The cost and up keep of a component is not that bad and it might help the class. If you only knew the advantages of a component you would throw the ag rear in the trash were it belongs.

Re: Component Super Farms: yes way July 10, 2009 10:41AM
Do tell what advantage? What about the limited pro? They make more power and will replace the SF with the NTPA, and PPL is already cutting back on the hooks for them this year.

NO July 10, 2009 11:32AM
SF should NEVER be a component. There is absolutly zero saftey issue with them and if ag rear ends are junk why is T-Bone running so well? Or how about Rapped Up sweeping tomah or Aces Wild winning bowling green? I could certainly go on if you would like. Your argument holds no water when you are talking a super farm

Re: NO July 10, 2009 01:21PM
This is another one of the dumbest threads i have seen. What a way to destroy a class with good numbers.
The next thing you know is that someone that pulls in an antique class is going to need a component.
I hope someday to meet you in person Sully. As we will solve all the problems in pulling!Smiling

Re: NO July 12, 2009 02:00AM
Agreed. TTPA had a pull last night in Ubly, MI with 10 SFs. Very good, very safe, very competitive show. If we go component, that class last night doesn't happen because they'll all park 'em in the trees if it goes component. Not to divert the subject further, but these guys aren't making enough purse money to justify the investment and for the power levels it is wholly unecessary. Keep that stuff in PS and SS.

CPR

Re: Component Super Farms: nooooooooooo way July 11, 2009 06:37PM
what advantage when everyone has one? u still didnt answer do u pull or just trying to spend everyone elses money for them!

Re: Component Super Farms: nooooooooooo way July 12, 2009 03:01AM
kevin walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what advantage when everyone has one? u still
> didnt answer do u pull or just trying to spend
> everyone elses money for them!

With a handle like Kent Clarkman what do you think he does?

Re: No way July 10, 2009 01:29PM
I agree with Sully and Fuelish Pleasure is another one that is holding up just fine. Super Farm should stay the same with stock rearends and manifolds. The S.F. numbers are plenty and I think if it came down to it I think you could still build a conventional S.F. cheaper than a component chasis. This is also a class that some of the people pulling in smaller classes can work up to .

Re: Component Super Farms: Idea who'se time has come July 10, 2009 02:48PM
Once they regear for the better hooking component chassis it will be F I R E S T O N E F I R E S T O N E F I R E S T O N E Instead of FIRESTONE FIRESTONE FIRESTONE like it is now.

Re: Component Super Farms: Idea who'se time has come July 10, 2009 04:21PM
Am I lost or what are you saying?

Re: Component Super Farms: No need July 12, 2009 01:47PM
Most component tractors usually have to drop to a slightly smaller gear than a stock chassis because they hook up better. I assume he is implying a smaller gear in SF = More time to read the tires.

I personally think a component SF is about as necessary as a class of Ag rear-ended Unlimited Mods. The SF class has no need to change from a stock chassis. A huge part of the appeal of the SF class is the fact that they are still very similar to a farm tractor. As a fan I personally think the class should be left alone.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM