And ESP was so close March 03, 2018 11:35PM
ESP had the opportunity to be a leader into the future (the future which is ultimately inevitable) with their approval of aluminum blocks. They had approved safe, strong, REPAIRABLE, aluminum, after market blocks in their Super Stock classes. Fear and ignorance of the future, let the old minds of the club to snatch failure from the jaws of success by backing out of the decision in the Heavy Super Stock class... I am qualified to identify "old" minds as I am old!.....NTPA made the decision last year and PPL will eventually do the same dragging the backward "club mentality" into the future in spite of them selves. Do you think the NHRA has aluminum blocks in their high horse power classes be cause they are light? No, they are not that light because of the additional material they contain. It's because they are safe, strong, repairable and will hold the horse power. In the end this is a cost saving factor for the racer. Oh, by the way, blocks do not make power! Induction and rotating mass make power. Blocks only give it a place to happen and hold it. The future will come no matter how we delay it. Only the leaders get to be the innovators. Thanks for the read, John Weidman

Re: And ESP was so close March 03, 2018 11:59PM
So what are you saying John. Did the vote get over turned ?? Explain please

Re: And ESP was so close March 04, 2018 01:36AM
As it was related to me: after market aluminum blocks are allowed in the Light Super Stock class but not in the Heavy Super Stock class with ESP. My Idol told me that :-)

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 04:14AM
So, no Scooter this year???

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 11:02AM
Sorry to say , no i am not running ESP , I will be running some NTPA regional pulls an Full Pull events,

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 11:14AM
Ok here's my prediction. Hooter scooter will run not in esp this year but not to worry he will be back. His tears will dry up after a year and then he will be back. I remember John weidman left NY to pull else where too. After they realize how far it is he will realize that's why he's been a state puller all of his life. NOT a bad thing I too am a state puller or was at one time. I was just trying to make a prediction. Feel free to bash.

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 12:58PM
When people stop coming to watch tractors that haven't been competitive since 1985 you will find your state pulling is no longer around. I am not saying go spend a million bucks but the biggest whiners are from competitors who have done nothing in 20 years to up grade.

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 10:54PM
Eric which bracket do you fall into. Looking at results and you haven't been finishing as well as you once did. I always liked the agco. Go orange

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 11:38AM
Snuggles , I will be in the I am not afraid to sign my name to what I say area

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 09:35AM
smuggler
When people stop coming to watch tractors that haven't been competitive since 1985 you will find your state pulling is no longer around. I am not saying go spend a million bucks but the biggest whiners are from competitors who have done nothing in 20 years to up grade.
I can't like this reply enough!!!! The only way they can not look totally foolish is to try to keep others from building better ...rather than actually building their own junk better!

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 01:02PM
Well here we go again you have a man Mark Hootman who has helped many pullers over the years and one of the people he did a lot of work for turns on him and throws mark under the bus this reminds me of the tommy Dickerson days if you can’t beat them then boycott them what a joke.

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 11:07PM
Curious, is Hooter Scooter too heavy to run the LSS? Sounds like the block is still legal there

Re: And ESP was so close March 04, 2018 12:23AM
Well John. Some people may call this Karma. Lol. This is what you get for booking ESP at Norwich. This does make me laugh because you now will not be able to get your idol at Norwich this year.

Re: And ESP was so close March 04, 2018 05:12AM
So the heavy class has been short tractors for a while now and now this happens. So the guys that have already got money in these blocks are going to have to decide if they want to run light only or go pull somewhere else. Good for class numbers.

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 01:30PM
Good grief! An aftermarket block adds safety to the sport as I learned about aftermarket heads, in the long run it saved me a bunch of money. My dream would be to pull a national Super Farm circuit but it’s out of my price range. I do the best that I can and try to improve as the money allows. I pull both clubs and both have their ups and downs but as I see it Esp SS should allow the blocks and Nytpa should follow ESP heavy class with no splits. As for Super Farms I would support a true PPL limited Pro class in either club , the fans would have a lot of color and a good show! Of course I love smoke? Stan.

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 01:50PM
Stan I will tell u that your statement is true it does add safety BUT don't kid your self these diesel super tractors have gone from 200-225lbs of boost to being real close or at the 300lbs of boost with the hyper blocks. So if their would be limits such as for example a pre set waste gate then I would agree that only safety is added. But since their is t any such rules I will bet the farm the boost numbers will be rising

Re: And ESP was so close March 06, 2018 11:36PM
So this change was made AFTER contracts were all signed and handed in? Good grief!

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 12:25AM
John you don’t have a gig in this fight, you sold out years ago! If you don’t have a tractor please just go buy your ticket to watch like others and cheer for your favorite color. You so t know what block is in them from your seat. People need to think too. Give them a better block and they will run harder and find the limits to how far they can push the aluminum. Give them a sealed and tested waste gate set at 90psi for alcohol and they won’t break any more partsand the motor will last for ever. Problem solved. It would even cost around 12-15 grand less money. That’s all I keep hearing is guys want dependable equipment and safety. This would solve both problems.

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 02:27AM
Washed up. Just to let you in on something. I know for a fact that the Apparatus runs 85 ibs of boost and his block split so you really think that a pre set waste gate is the answer? I also think that is not what tractor pulling is about .

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 03:02AM
Pretty soon ESP will be just like NYTPA, just hauling that old 1970 junk and call it tractor pulling.

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 03:22AM
Ben if your block cant handle your problems and i hear you are one of the ones promoting this new block. Its obvious that you aren't afraid to spend money. I know it also cost money to keep spending on rebuilds too. So try this change to a different block that is working out for other people. Like said in above post people in the stands can't see what's under your hood. That rule is already legal!!!

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 04:34AM
Ben it might be a issue of you boring the block to big or a different series ford block you need to invest in or it could be join the club you have to learn the limit you can push your equipment and that’s as far as you can go. 80 pounds of boost isn’t why you are having issues. You are not putting as much force on a block as a diesel with more cylinder pressure. If you want to argue this point put a set of your aluminum rods in a diesel pro stock or even a superfarm. The rods would bend before 100’. Remember nothing is made to last for ever!! So this is good info maybe the alcohol tractors only need 70 pounds of boost. If Ben is running 80 for a fact and can run up front no need to ever go more. Ha ha. The class had no new people getting into the sport because of the cost. Why make it more expensive? Let’s cut the rules back so they don’t fall apart not let them push the limits farther. Drag racing was mentioned bye John- every time they have major motor issues they cut there blower speed back or nitro percent. But we can’t compare top fuel dragsters to our pulling class. Top fuel dragster cost 1/2 million a weekend to keep the car on the track for 1 event. If you want billet aluminum go to another sport don’t ruin this one!!

Re: And ESP was so close March 07, 2018 04:32AM
The answer to all the SS b.s. is run what you brung and let it all hang out. Let this class have at it big time. They aren't real tractors anyway. Would be a great show for sure.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009