Internal brakes March 18, 2018 01:19PM
Does anyone run internal brakes on a sbjd?

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 02:11AM
We still have them in a 4010 reared.

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 07:18AM
Do you use wilwood masters and dot brake fluid with the factory deer internals?

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 08:35AM
If you run brake fluid need to change orings to viton or oem ones will swell up

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 09:20AM
Can you run hydraulic oil in the wildwood masters?

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 11:13AM
We still use jd brake valve just made it in to master cylinder

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 05:46PM
Wilwood doesn’t make a master cylinder to use oil. I asked them.

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 01:47PM
I do but never changed the o-rings not saying you don’t have to or shouldn’t. I just never heard anyone say that before. Been that way for 3 years now and have had no problems. And we run wilwood cylinders and dot brake fluid and factory brake pedals.

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 11:24PM
Go with external brakes and save yourselves alot of pain. If you are running internals with brake fluid, you are experiencing a large amount of drag and may not even know it. Also the response is significantly slower once the O rings have swelled. I know its a large expense to go external but when I switched in 2008, we have zero issues since. We went with Engler calipers and am thrilled with them. We made our own hats and discs.

Re: Internal brakes March 19, 2018 01:48PM
Viton will swell also. Just took some out. They swelled so bad barely able to get the pistons out. Bottom line. There is no such material that is compatible with brake fluid and any petroleum products. Brake manufacturers will tell you that. If you put in orings made for brake fluid the hydraulic oil will make them swell eventually. Your better off buying masters made for oil. Mico has a few models that will work. Then JD hyd oil and use the JD orings. And when you bleed them you don’t get brake fluid in the transmission. Which is another whole mess.

Re: Internal brakes March 20, 2018 03:28AM
We use a brake valve off of a Jd 300 utility tractor. Just plug the hole in the side and fill it with hydraulic oil bleed the brakes and it works great. Hope this helps!!

Re: Internal brakes March 22, 2018 03:28AM
If you decide to go with Mico units be careful about after market units. I found one with same Mico number for about 1/3 price. But seals are for brake fluid as where the exact same number Mico number unit is for oil.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM