504 over head cam ? April 03, 2018 02:53AM
Saw on the for sale page a 504 overhead cam motor for sale, just wondering if it was put in a cast rearend an 2 chargers would it be competitive, of course theres not a class for that but it would be interesting, im sure theres other motors setting out there that is just sitting there that needs to be used, i think on a state level or regional this needs to be looked at, i have a rolling chassis that would be perfect.Just something to ponder-- bash away !!!!

Re: 504 over head cam ? April 03, 2018 12:45PM
Jeff ran that setup with OSTPA and placed in the top 3 or 4 most times. It is legal to Run in OSTPA 8000# Super Stock class, but would have to run a lower drawbar [18"]

Re: 504 over head cam ? April 03, 2018 01:32PM
Can’t you run over head cams in the superstocks on a grand National level?

Re: 504 over head cam ? April 03, 2018 01:56PM
Yea you can, but i was referring to the 504 cubic inch motor needs to be in the Light Super Stock Class.I was just wondering if it would be competative with 2 chargers with a cast rearend, i think the State or Regional level would benifit and some more tractors might come back out to help with numbers.

Re: 504 over head cam ? April 03, 2018 02:56PM
Depends on what part of the country you are in. For example LSS with Nebraska Bush (cast light super) no overhead cams However in the ULSS class with components I know of one that runs on occasion

Re: 504 over head cam ? April 03, 2018 11:49PM
I was just thinking that if someone had a 504 overhead cam motor with 2 chargers in a cast rearend that they should be allowed to run in the Light Super Stock class, to me its not logical to have motors setting around not able to use because of the overhead cam, i know they could run Unlimited but thats giving up to much on cubes to be competative, i think limiting them to 2 chargers an cast rearends would level the playing field a lot of technology has progressed sense they were deemed an advantage from back in the "sqeeller" days of domination.It would be interesting to see how they would compare to todays tractors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009