thunder by the river July 12, 2009 06:41PM
anyone think there is going to be a good turn out at wisner, ne with bowling green oh, and hamburg ny going on on the same weekend

Re: thunder by the river July 12, 2009 09:15PM
Always has been and will be again.
Hamburg is a non issue!
BG has way too many in each class anyway, so the only reason for people this far west to go is just to say they have been there.
Wisners numbers will be same or up from last year.

Re: thunder by the river July 12, 2009 11:28PM
It depends on which association people want to watch.

Re: thunder by the river July 13, 2009 04:17AM
If your a true Pro Stock fan go to BG because all they will have in wisner is limited pros

Re: thunder by the river July 13, 2009 04:26AM
That's funny right there !!!!! (true as heck, but funny!!)

Re: thunder by the river July 13, 2009 07:10AM
I am say with them taking the uss to 6500 you lost 3 tractors 1 being sold and the other 2 that are to heavy and the mod being down. last year i think there was 13+

Re: thunder by the river July 13, 2009 08:34AM
Shagnasty is to heavy but what is the other tractor that you are referring to ?

Re: thunder by the river July 13, 2009 04:40PM
i was thinking of show me show down

Re: thunder by the river July 13, 2009 04:53PM
Both non-issues! Were either one there LAST year?
NO
Did they support Outlaws?
NO
The USS class was dead unless they tried something.
One of the "too heavy" USS folks was in the room in Kansas City when it was suggested, and didn't make any differance to him as the tractor was sold.
USS tractor should be component, so the weight issue isn't an issue, unless you are trying to get an antique cast "sort of" USS down the track. If it is too heavy, check out NATPA division 5, they may have a place for you there.

Re: thunder by the river July 14, 2009 03:37AM
Hey dork..........get your facts straight ............ Dave and Dennis DID support the Outlaws last year. Check the points history. That being said; why they sat on their hands and let the weight change happen, knowing it would knock them out of the ring, is beyond me. I realize it was an attempt to tempt some of LSS guys to commit to the new class, but, it looks as though it's not going to happen. I was told by a LSS guy that they (the LSS guys) WANT the ULSS class to fail, and therefore would not support it. It doesn't make much sense to me, especially if class jumping was going to be allowed. I never did hear for sure if it was (or is) going to be allowed.

Re: thunder by the river July 14, 2009 07:02AM
i like watching the uss class and wisner, is the closes place i can see them otherwise i have to travel almost 5 hours to see them

6500 Lb. UNLSS July 14, 2009 09:50AM
It will take time, but the only tractor who will not pull in this class is Dennis Johnson, which yes is a shame, but now that they have changed these rules there are 8 tractors that should be supporting this class on a regular basis. As Listed

Elmer Haug and Boys - Little and Big Temptation
Dave Marino - Show me Show down (He was at the rules meeting and said he could make that weight)
Robert Paulsen - Blue Can Fever (has been runing NTPA but said he will support this class)
Shawn Weins - New Component Deere Factor (Should run hard)
Arlen Polmyzel - New Compenent Chasis with the old Basket Case engine in it. (Should run hard as well)
Dave Meints - Holeshot MX 255 3 charger POBar Frame Alky component
Novengers has two ( Not sure on the support of many pulls but im sure will be in wisner)
Brent Long - Long Machine (Might not support many pulls but is a possiblity of pulling in this class)
Darrel Meese - The squeeler (another strong posibility of pulling this class)
John Hoffman - New component that probably wont be out this year but next year I am sure
Duane Schroder- Will have a new one next year he has already started on.
Mark Ulmer - Lost (Old redline fever 2 diesel runs hard)

Looks like a real promising class within the next couple of years especially when the Nebraska Bush Pullers have allowed components in their light superstock class. From the looks of me most people would rather watch half of these in a class then watch 4 light supers in the outlaws and the rest are pretty much junk.

And the argument is none of these pullers have joined as members yet.....Only a few have fallen for the bullshit promiss of enough pulls on the schedule to even justify having paid a $720 membership fee......But what pulls this class will have makes it a class to look out for even if they have to pay the one hook fee each time.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 14, 2009 10:55AM
Dont forget the Cokerham Brothers G-1000 MM out of LaClede,MO,Bryan Bowles strong running Ford from Mt Vernon,MO,and Kyncl's MM from NE.. I'm a big fan of the ULSS class and I and many others have not been happy with the way this class has been treated .If all the names mentioned would hook,this could be an awesome class to watch! Some of these tractors basically have very few places to hook west of the big river.

Novinger and Long have been hooking the MSTPA 7400 Mod class some just to have a place to pull..Cokerhams and Bowles also have each hooked this class at least once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 10:56AM by G-1000.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 14, 2009 03:07PM
The four "good" ones you refer to certainly are fun to watch, but the others are participating at a level they enjoy. They will eventually improve their equipment. There is really no reason to break the bank, just to please you, is there?

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 14, 2009 03:38PM
The Inferno tractor sounded very good saturday night but did not make a straight run.This tractor is getting closer to Bowles,Frese,Schlueter,and Hoffman.Psota can run with these guys.Has any one heard from him this year.Will he make the western sweep this weekend?

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 03:28AM
The DSS class only has 3 tractors that can win if they run right.However we enjoyed the DSS and the LSS class at Rock Valley.I heard Ulmers are about done with a LSS that I am sure will run hard.By the way Mr.Answer,what is the name of your tractor?

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 04:00AM
If you are referring to me being a keyboard puller, I am not. I am a paid outlaw member.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 02:55AM
They have these things called brush pulls. Why book a class of such lopsided at a "EXTREME NATIONAL PULL" that costs a fan around $20 to see. But to make them feel good because they get 5th in the points for getting last at every hook of the summer?????? and get a picture in the outlaw program? Seriously....if you want to talk about a class dieing it would be the outlaw lt superstock. Promoters in 2010. Make sure you watch what tractors will show up at wisner for this new UNLSS Class, thats what fans want to see.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 01:45PM
Promotors in 2010. Make sure you watch this class not just at wisner but throughout the whole summer so you will get a good idea about how many numbers you will have if you book it in 2010. Remember, it's about NUMBERS.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 14, 2009 03:14PM
Shut up. I mean how long has this been tried now? I think it's been 2 years now, maybe more. Also, what is the cube limit for the class?
As jake said in the light superstock weight thread, there is no need for a 3rd class.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 14, 2009 06:49PM
The answer thanks for the info appriciate it Smiling

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 02:51AM
Did they open it up to OHC? Last I heard Long wanted nothing to do with DR or the Outlaws becasue they didn't allow OHC. If they didn't change that knocks out him, Meese, & possibly Cokerhams.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 02:57AM
Yes overhead cam is allowed....its is and UNLIMITED 6500 lb super stock class

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 05:04AM
Do you know that, or are you going by "Unlimited" because their previous "Unlimited" SS class did not allow OHC.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 05:42AM
I am looking at the 08 OTTPA rule book as I am typing. Page 34 Section 2 (Engines) rule h. No overhead cams or hemi-style heads allowed in light and diesel divisions excluding the Unlimited Super Stock. This is word for word out of my rule book unless your copy is different.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 06:33AM
Yes Overhead Cams are allowed. I was there at the meeting and the vote was passed to allow these style of engines just to get some of the already built tractors in the area to possibly come play. It will be voted on again after this season.

Re: 6500 Lb. UNLSS July 15, 2009 07:12AM
Brian always runs the ULSS class at Jeff City. Its one of the few Outlaw pulls Brent makes it to. I know Elmer and them like the class and Dennis whould run it if he could get her down to the weight. I think in JC we had 8 or 9 signed up to run it. Marino, Haug, Sqealer, Brent, Comet, and some ITPA componet lss came over.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason