fountains of misinformation.......... April 13, 2018 03:45AM
announcers that state incorrect facts to the crowd or tv audience just irkes me.one ill never forget is "super stock tractors use 2 inch injector lines".while watching a bob series pull this am,it was said that a 3000 rpm hot farm turns the tires in EXCESS of 100 mph.i think it makes the pulling community look bad when far fetched statements are made.and yes I do announce for 3 clubs,and I don't make statement about things I know nothing about..whats some of the misinfo you've heard announcers state as facts ????

Re: fountains of misinformation.......... April 13, 2018 11:34PM
watching ppl on tv the woman announcer/commentator almost always mentions 'these tractors have an open rearend which allows their rear tires to spin independently from one another.' i usually hear this watching the big pros and the super stock classes. grinds my gears every time. i wish someone would explain to her all the rearends are that way but those classes are able to run components and the 'open rearend' is ability to run any rearend you choose

Re: fountains of misinformation.......... April 14, 2018 09:31AM
We had a local announcer once that whenever someone had trouble on the track he blamed it on the driveshaft. Tractors, trucks, you name it. Same announcer would also go into great detail about when the white smoke turned black this and that was happening inside the engine etc. I can’t remember exactly what he said, but it was comical to anyone with technical knowledge.

On a funny note, someone I was at a pull at sponsered a class as “Dixie Normus” and the announcer was saying it just as you can imagine haha

Re: fountains of misinformation.......... April 14, 2018 09:38AM
Good announcers can make a pull better, but they don't get paid much, so you don't alway get cream of the crop!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009