NTPA 9500 Hot Farm April 26, 2018 07:27AM
Why make a class and then not put it on the schedule?

There are no Hot Farm hooks scheduled for 2018 at the grand national (obviously) or the regional level???

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm April 26, 2018 07:29AM
Only 4 hooks with NTPA now, all Indiana

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm April 26, 2018 08:05AM
Unfortunately you can't make the promotor's book the class. I think it has potential to be a very good class for ntpa but it seems like there's no support.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm April 26, 2018 02:01PM
Spot on, seems to be pretty expensive for 4 hooks maybe you guys should quit trying to make your own class and join what classes there is

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 03, 2018 08:33AM
Agreed why me, doesn't really make sense,does anyone know who this promoter's are or any reason for not getting any hooks

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 04, 2018 01:05AM
"Superfarm", what classes are you referring to that there already are?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 06, 2018 01:46PM
Really what do you think I am talking about all these hot farm/pro farm ect, to many classes of that BShi:::, stick with classes that already there instead of making new rules, you guys trying to keep up with the super farms and spending way more money just to get close to same hp

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 06, 2018 03:40PM
Yeah, let's blow 100k on stupid farm to go the same speed as a pro farm... or even farm stock if you live in the right part of the country. If super farm was 20.8 tire it'd be cool to watch again. Now it's just a boring class that looks like a 10k pro.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 06, 2018 10:48PM
Nice comeback!! You make a real strong argument (insert sarcastic chuckle here) there Stupid Farm......here's a prime example:

"WINNING JD HOT/PRO FARM TRACTOR--RARE OPPORTUNITY"

"Stack of DYNO sheets and lots of R & D have gone into this JD until it made its maximum horsepower. Built to win, just need more pulls by someone who has time to pull it. Tons of extra parts, too much to mention."

"Well over $80K invested. Will let it all go for $50,000. Serious inquires with money only."

Kudos to who ever this is for going the mile to (allegedly) do his home work. However, that last line is the funny part......"Well over $80K invested......" ...........and you are trying to say Super Farm at $100K is stupid? Maybe you need to understand what stupid really is.The point guys were trying to make here is that there are entirely TOO MANY different classes scattered through different states that are all very close to each other in limits and performance. Get together and build for the same class!

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 07, 2018 05:37AM
We are. It's called 9500 hot farm, and it's at the regional level. The only way to do something any different is to have an organization at a national level.

80k is a far cry from what a winning stupid farm is going to cost you. You can buy this one for less than half what you would have in a stupid farm as well. Plus, you'll probably be going faster (aka having more fun).

Why call a guy out on his build? That's got nothing to do with any of this.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 07, 2018 09:57AM
Super Farm = 10k Pro Stock wannabe.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 07, 2018 10:48PM
9500 Hot Farm = Super Farm wannabe......

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 02:26AM
equality
9500 Hot Farm = Super Farm wannabe......

If we wanted to pull super farm we would...

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 02:33AM
I know I'm gonna get chastised for this; but why not make super farm a 20.8 tire class so it's not just a baby 4.1 limited pro? Leave every other rule in place but make it a challenge to drive and learn about again. It was always supposed to be a step up class now anyone in hot farm or pro farm or any other 640ci "farm" variant could step up into the super farm with their 20.8's and go pullin? The added benefit would be that all these different pro/hot/too hot/whatever classes from 8500lb to 11000lb could, in theory, go away?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 04:13AM
To Super Farm, be careful what you wish for. Some of these hot farms run really good. I saw some 20.8 uncut tire, 3000 rpm tractors kick a couple superfarms butts. Who tried to pull in a class of hot farms in Lancaster Ohio. Some of these hot farms are no joke. Just sayin.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 05:35AM
Silly Season, while I have no doubt some of you would run with some Super Farms, you're giving up gobs of torque required at the money end of the track. Would be a good show though.

B.A.M., let's remember that the only reason there is 4.1 Limited Pro is a few SF guys wanted more, but were too poor to afford a real 10 Pro. It's kind of a bastard class. Light Pro makes more sense.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 05:58AM
but the 4.1's book a lot of shows. That class is wildly popular (not unlike super farm 10 years ago).

I'm just saying, why not re-invent the super farm class so that all of us that don't want to run 24.5's don't have to pick between 60 different 20.8 classes at 10 different weights. Then all the current super farm guys have to do is buy tires (which by comparison are very cheap as far as rule changes go)?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 07:43AM
Don't fool yourself. On some tracks, 20s will stomp all over 24s.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 08:19AM
440sq/I vs. 390 is a big difference. Not sure which tracks a 20.8 would outperform a 24.5 on but I'd venture to say they're few and far between.

A 20.8 rule seems like a logical step (albeit backwards) for a class like super farm. However, the fact that there are hundreds of them across the country is not lost on me either.

Just seems like a guy could go: farm stock (mph/open speed) > too hot to farm (mph/open speed) > super farm (with 20.8s) > on up more easily and at a more grand national level with a 20.8 rule.

Get into the 24.5 game at the 466 8500 weight and work up to 9500 lim pro and on to pro stock/super stock for a big tire progression of classes.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 03:16PM
BAM, I do not see where there is any logical sense to have a 640 cube 9300# SF on 20.8's Versus a 466 cube 8500 whatever you wanna call that class on 24.5's.
SF's have a proper size maximum tire size. I see nothing in NTPA rulebook to dis-allow a puller from using a 20.8 on a SF. And I have yet to see one that does. Because it has always been about getting the maximum tire bite posible, whether the vehicle has the power to really turn those tires or not.

You SF bashers/haters sure would not have been very unhappy watching pulling in the '70 & '80's where Mods & SS's did not have as much horsepower, let alone torque as do today's SF's and that includes the (early) '80's ProStock's even though they were on 24's. Yet those Mod & SS pulling tractors back in those early days wore 30 inch boots with a sled much harder to pull, on a shorter track and much slower track speed, thus slow wheel speed. You current SF bashers/haters would have been bored out of mind and truly complaining. I believe there is nothing to please you complainers.

So you SF bashers/haters, just go to a pull and be glad there are men & women willing to invest their $ and time into building and maintaining a losing financial piece of equipment in order to entertain you pulling fans, whether you like their class and wheel speed or not. If you do not, then get out your wallet and go compete with them. Perhaps your perspective will change then.

Hot Farms in this part of the Midwest with their 510 cubes, 3x3.5 turbo make the horsepower and as far as I'm concerned, their limiting factor of maximizing their engine's potential resides in those 20.8's when a 24.5 most likely would be to their tractor's perfromance advantage. Talking with a few friends in that class, most do not want to invest in 24's and likely have to make a buch of changes in their drivetrain to beef it up.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 08, 2018 10:54PM
Well said longtimer.......But on the 20.8 line of thought with respect to using them in SF, the NTPA rule of maximum 210 inch tire circumference would be the biggest stopper for anyone who wanted to run these tires on a SF. Most 20.8' are 220" +......even though they are giving up many square inches of contact. I know the argument can be made concerning pounds per square inch of that contact area, but more footprint will generally equal more bite. That narrower bite would be a beneift on light soil/sandy tracks maybe.

Your statement concerning the 510/3x3.5 combo running 24.5's being a benefit - you couldn't be more on the money. If they bolted on a set, they would be very surprised what it does for them.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 01:30AM
I'd rather see them on 20.8s. Like someone else said at this point they're just a baby 4.1/slow 10 pro.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 01:38AM
The 510 guys won't move down to superfarm, they would move to up light pro.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 01:56AM
Hey, I'm all for super farm, just seems like it's losing popularity (not losing numbers, just losing popularity to all these new 20.8 classes). All I heard about 10 years ago was super farm. I absolutely would love to have one! I just think it'd bring a challenge to the class to have it on 20.8s. Why not change just the tires and leave all the other already established rules alone? May get some of the numerous other "similar" classes to just go away? My only point with the 466 open rpm classes on 24.5s was that there would be a route to go with 24.5's and a route to go with 20.8s for open RPM. That's it.

I do, however, think that a 20.8 super farm would be an AWESOME show. It seems like (if you aren't watching a GN NTPA or a Champion's tour PPL show) that they all just go down the track and then sputter out. I would think 20.8's would get some speed back and allow them to burn em in at the end. Again...just my opinion.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 01:31AM
These 510 and under guys want in the spotlight they wanna put 20.8s on set the sled for farm stock and put on a show!
They don’t want to spend the money they think they are saving to not go 640 cubes with the big boys so they just wanna
Change things all around to look like the big boys . After some guys spend a lot of cash and dominate these wanna bees they will
quit or move to wanna be hot farm or maybe just get some sack and move up to super farm .its just to bad that the pullers that just
want to be simply hot farm not a low cube super farm on 20.8 will leave the class also

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 03:26AM
longtimer
You SF bashers/haters sure would not have been very unhappy watching pulling in the '70 & '80's where Mods & SS's did not have as much horsepower, let alone torque as do today's SF's and that includes the (early) '80's ProStock's even though they were on 24's. Yet those Mod & SS pulling tractors back in those early days wore 30 inch boots with a sled much harder to pull, on a shorter track and much slower track speed, thus slow wheel speed. You current SF bashers/haters would have been bored out of mind and truly complaining. I believe there is nothing to please you complainers.

So you SF bashers/haters, just go to a pull and be glad there are men & women willing to invest their $ and time into building and maintaining a losing financial piece of equipment in order to entertain you pulling fans, whether you like their class and wheel speed or not. If you do not, then get out your wallet and go compete with them. Perhaps your perspective will change then.

So you're basically admitting that it's boring to watch and that they have too much tire for the power output. There's a reason we don't watch slow pro stocks in 2018 it's called sport progression.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 04:18AM
"Stupidity Farming", what you are accusing me of is not true at all. No where did I say and / or imply such. Highlight it all you want but there is nothing there to prove your accusation. All I was doing is comparing today's SF to past so-called premier pulling classes, particularly for the SF bashers/haters, which appears to include you.

It makes absolutely no sense to rewrite a tire rule saying a particular class has to down size its tire. There is nothing wrong with the SF actual speed going down the track, which when you see the mph readouts of various classes, many are very comparable. Thus a pulling vehicle track speed is a function, within any class, determined by the sled setting. You can take a very low horsepower class (like in many 'brush' pulls) and have it cruising with respectable speed down the track.

If anything, some classes should be allowed a bigger size tire. Let us pick on PS. When that class debuted in 1980, do you honestly think there was much tire speed with them? Definitely not. They were only a few hundred horsepower. You current SF bashers/haters think they choke at the end of the pull with their current 1300+ horsepower, it is a mighty good thing you were not around for numerous years when the PS's got there start, trying to turn the 24's and defintiely choking and stalling the turbo. So the PS have progressed power wise over the decades like no one would have dreamt about in the '80's. The PS power output today is phenomenal. Look at the stress the heaviest tractor class subjects upon those 24's. They should be allowed 30's.

Meanwhile, the Mod, especially the Heavy UNL stress those 30's as bad as the PS on 24's. So in that regards, Heavy UNL likely could benefit from a bigger footprint. And likely will need an appropriate class weight increase to compensate for the presumed heavier tire.

So the bottom line is, just how fast a tire speed with it being chewed to pieces in relation to actual ground speed do you SF bashers/haters really want? Are you going to pay each SF pullers or whatever class that may apply to this theory, some extra Cash to help pay for the extra unneeded work and expense? It all comes back to what will it take to keep you bashers/haters/complainers happy, let alone with the SF and any other class you detest?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 05:10AM
Some should be allowed a bigger tire? No. That's supposed to be half the battle is putting it to the track. The stupid farms are on too big of a tire and always have been. Why would we pay everyone to change a tire? When the turbo rules change every two years no one pays them to put a new turbo on. It's fine though. it'll be dead in a few years anyway and the stupid farm pullers will be begging to change rules.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 09:36AM
Do you think that super farm guys would let the 9500 ntpa hot farm guys pull with them.Think about it would maybe help the class. I would bet there would be plenty of 510 hot farm willing to do that even on 20.8

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 09:44AM
Finally, someone with some sense chimes in. Let's see just how kick ass these stuper firms really are.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 10:40AM
Ya sense lol these hot farm pullers can’t even come up with one set of rules nation wide so maybe they add one more class Hott Super Farm and maybe they’ll even change the rules to make it a small block class too on 20.8 tires of course

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 12:51PM
Smh
Ya sense lol these hot farm pullers can’t even come up with one set of rules nation wide so maybe they add one more class Hott Super Farm and maybe they’ll even change the rules to make it a small block class too on 20.8 tires of course

Neither can stupid farm, numb nuts. Outlaws are not even the same weight no less.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 11, 2018 09:37AM
I run my hot farm on 24.5 with super farm and do pretty well.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 11, 2018 10:35AM
de1066
I run my hot farm on 24.5 with super farm and do pretty well.

Ever won a super farm event with it? Thoughts on 20.8s for super farm? I really do think it'd be cool to watch that. But clearly no one else does lol.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 11, 2018 02:38AM
This thread got way off track

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 11:34AM
Interesting topic all of the people hiding behind their fake screen names.
I pull in SuperFarm and do because its one of the few classes in the country with
similar rules from coast to coast. Kinda makes it easier to go pull ANYWHERE.
Making more classes with different rules to fit a few is silly.
If they modeled Badger State HotFarm that is a nice class.

Bash away bash me tell me how I suck my tractor has no power bla bla bla
How many of you even have tractors?

Andy Keyes

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 09, 2018 04:04PM
Andy Keyes
Interesting topic all of the people hiding behind their fake screen names.
I pull in SuperFarm and do because its one of the few classes in the country with
similar rules from coast to coast. Kinda makes it easier to go pull ANYWHERE.
Making more classes with different rules to fit a few is silly.
If they modeled Badger State HotFarm that is a nice class.

Bash away bash me tell me how I suck my tractor has no power bla bla bla
How many of you even have tractors?

Andy Keyes
As a fan, I really enjoy Super Farm. Like you said, the rules are generally the same no matter where you go. Also, it's a very competitive class that normally has a lot of entries and any color tractor can win. I think Super Farm is a very entertaining class, I don't need to see insane wheel speed and insanely overpowering the track, I love the sound of those motors working hard and pulling!

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 10, 2018 01:30PM
You guys have a great class dont let anyone fool you keep the rules tight and keep on pullin just laugh at the rest when you hit 25or 26 mile per hour and the big boy tracters hit 22

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 10, 2018 01:35PM
LEWIS
You guys have a great class dont let anyone fool you keep the rules tight and keep on pullin just laugh at the rest when you hit 25or 26 mile per hour and the big boy tracters hit 22

What planet are you even on? Big boys at 22? Maybe antique big boys.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 11, 2018 01:03PM
Of course they will go fast......if the sled is lighter, you can run with it. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 11, 2018 01:25PM
How many geniuses are they in tractor pulling spend ,spend ,spend to go faster when the sled can make the show and make every tractor in every class go faster and save Tons of cash if there were limits in every class.SS wouldnt n eed steal blocks and several classes wouldnt need to think of componetts ,And Stupid Farm im from earth and forgot more about this stuff than you will ever NO, just like my spelling done forgot quote that

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 12, 2018 05:26AM
LEWIS
How many geniuses are they in tractor pulling spend ,spend ,spend to go faster when the sled can make the show and make every tractor in every class go faster and save Tons of cash if there were limits in every class.SS wouldnt n eed steal blocks and several classes wouldnt need to think of componetts ,And Stupid Farm im from earth and forgot more about this stuff than you will ever NO, just like my spelling done forgot quote that

So how does on win ?
Don't I need to pull the sled faster and farther than you If I want to win?
Is this not a competition to go faster and farther?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 12, 2018 06:18AM
all the same?

So how does on win ?
Don't I need to pull the sled faster and farther than you If I want to win?
Is this not a competition to go faster and farther?

Oh look Lewis right here is another check book puller

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 12, 2018 01:44PM
'smh', you once again make absolutely no sense. No where does Lewis say that he himself is a "check book puller". It always amazes me how people cannot read AND comprehend.

And 'all the same', have you never seen a pull where speed & distance is shown on a display? Just because somebody goes faster does not automatically equate to the win.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 12, 2018 01:54PM
say what
'smh', you once again make absolutely no sense. No where does Lewis say that he himself is a "check book puller". It always amazes me how people cannot read AND comprehend.

And 'all the same', have you never seen a pull where speed & distance is shown on a display? Just because somebody goes faster does not automatically equate to the win.

I said faster and farther!
The guy going faster and farther almost always wins.
My question was, what is the point in pulling if not to go farther than the other guy?
What is the point in building a pulling vehicle if you are not trying to build it better than everyone else?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 13, 2018 01:21AM
say what

I’m not saying Lewis is the check book puller you interpreted it wrong mr accuser of comprehension

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 13, 2018 05:58AM
"all the same" - A "win" is obviously "farther" than anyone else. But it still does not necessarily equate to being the fastest. So you agree with me because you stated "almost" in the above reply.

"smh", this is your whole statement from a post not too far above: "Oh look Lewis right here is another check book puller." If that does not accuse Lewis of spending big bucks for his pulling hobby sport, then "smh", you need to explain what it does mean?

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 11, 2018 02:58PM
Best thing they can do with both a Koolaid Farm and a Stupid Farm is take them out in the field and have plowing contests with them. Neither should be Region or National Level. At best Koolaid Farm needs to stay a state level tractor and Stupid Farm at the region level. How watching grass grow got to a national level is shear money for NTPA pocket.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 12, 2018 03:18AM
A lot of fans relate to those classes ,Everyones not all out gear heads log skider tractor look a likes dont do it for the true tractor enthusiasts

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 13, 2018 10:04AM
lewis, have you ever seen a log skidder??? how does any of these tractors even compare to the looks of a log skidder?? geez I wonder about you and your smarts sometimes..

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 13, 2018 11:30AM
You guys totally took this post out of control, the moral of the story is a super farm (no ice box) can still have 24.5 and still won't be willing to pull with ntpa,Lucas 510 that is the major question so would you super farm guys be willing to merge the class

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 14, 2018 09:45AM
Read real slow ,LOG SKIDDER ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TRACTOR LOOK A LIKE ,which means they look like a tractor never said they didnt put a skirt,wig, and lipstick on a man then lift up the skirt bet theres a man under there

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 21, 2018 11:41PM
Did all of your parents partake it drugs when they named you all these messed up names?

LEWIS is the only name that a non cracked out mom could have given their little boy.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 22, 2018 05:55AM
Andy, don't talk nice to LEWIS. You are going to ruin his image! Lol rw

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 22, 2018 02:15PM
Well, Andy, apparently "rodney" is not a bonafide name in your eyes. And for those of us that know "jonesy", that basically is his last name.

As far as rest of us, please forgive us for not identifying our real name. However, that does not alter what a person has to say or the validity of the statement.

But I assume you want us to apologize because we understand that in your eyes and thinking, only a person with a Super Farm and stating his/her name were the only ones qualified to voice an opinion and thus rest of us are apparently moronic idiots that cannot think and certainly not qualified to say anything. That Andy, says a lot about the openness of your mind and thus your prejudices.

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 22, 2018 02:39PM
Andy thanks dont pay no attention to RW you can talk nice anytime you want.I use my name sometimes my comments sound stupid even to me sometimes but they are my opinionns like em or not,everybody has one

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 23, 2018 04:58AM
Greetings LEWIS, I hope you have a successful season pulling. By the way are you gonna build or pull any of the new hot farm tractors? If so best wishes. rw

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 23, 2018 02:25PM
No im not into Hot farms but it is a good class and i like watching them,Im doing two more llss that i hope to have out soon.Hot farm Super farm ,pro farm are all great classes and have good numbers if i owned a big organization and had a class with low numbers it would be dumped and replaced ,The numbers is why some classes
are National and some are brush

Re: NTPA 9500 Hot Farm May 23, 2018 01:31PM
Open mind. Yes
Prejudice? Toward whom? People who talk stupid behind a fake name. I was not aware I had to cater you your fake feelings. Correct me if I am wrong I only spoke negatively to fake people so you all want to hide and bash good for you. I call you out and I'm the bad guy? This thread is about 9500 HotFarm but somehow it always goes to SuperFarm bashing. Great like I said bash away tell me how I have no power and go slow and for fucx sake it's even a Ford. I just find it funny for people to hide you have some legitimate gripe have enough ballz to put up your name . I'm not calling out an individual as I cannot know whom you are nor do I care. Voice you opinion but it means nothing with out a name to back it up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro