Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 22, 2018 11:59AM
Will the Lt.PS go to component chassis and if so why? If not, why?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2018 12:01PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 01:07AM
I don't think we need components in the class. Maybe some day when the HP starts breaking stuff on a regular bases. But not now

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 02:01AM
I don't think you'll see any rule changes for the next couple of years. It seems like the vast majority of the Light Pro pullers don't want any changes to the current rules. It also seems like a turbo restriction would happen before a conversion to component chassis.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 02:31AM
Leave us alone!!!

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 04:33AM
As soon as enough big money guys start crying about it. That's how all the other classes got there. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 10:22AM
Well the trick is on you because there is not a bunch of big money guys in this class .it will never go component!

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 24, 2018 04:33AM
This class should have started out as a component class or at minimum either or. Much easier to balance the component chassis and cheaper to build in the first place. That being said I still think it's the best overall class rule set offered

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 12:18PM
For gods sake this horse has been beat to death dick, is traffic really that slow that you have to start a thread like this..........

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 01:16PM
I second Sully's motion. Perhaps Dick only reads an occasional reply here and there, thus he missed this hot topic from only a few short weeks ago.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 01:17PM
I am sorry that this post offended you. It was just one of the things I have been thinking about. And the question was "will" it not "should" it. More of a crystal ball question.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 23, 2018 02:33PM
Thanks Dick for offending someone i try not to just hope it never becomes another Skidder fake class although fake boobs aint bad

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 24, 2018 10:58AM
exactly what I was thinking you took the words right out of my mouth

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 24, 2018 07:16AM
While I have no preference on whether they are component or not, if they were allowed, how many component pro's would drop back or come back out and run that class?

Not many here’s why May 24, 2018 10:51AM
You wouldn’t see that many Pro’s jump if the class went component. You are talking about two entirely different motors, pumps, turbos and heads. 540 vs 680 A pro stock guy would have to unload lol of his 680 set up. The pump alone is 20k for the PS class, another 22-28k for a head, 15k for a turbo, then new pistons, rods, crank, cam, pump, turbo to go to 530 and LPS.
I would like to see components allowed with the catch let the cast guys weigh 8500 and components at 8000. I do believe it’s a matter of time. The Ohio club already voted in favor of adding it as an agenda item again this year.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 08:47AM
day late leave the damn class as is---IT will be one of the best EVER

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 25, 2018 01:38PM
you want a component go Pro or Super. Ohio guy whining about transmission breakage needs to suck it up. Eilenfiled not componet and he has way more horse power.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 25, 2018 02:05PM
Eilenfield is probably running a smaller than the light pros are now....

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 27, 2018 03:45PM
Why even ask the question unless you want to see another class die? Also, why was the class even started to begin with?

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 27, 2018 10:45PM
Please explain how a component chassis will "make the class die"? People like you always amaze me, you want to block progression and innovation every chance possible. Keep hanging on to the past.....because that sure has got society to where it is today.

Instead of instantly condemning them, try looking at the positive side of why a person would want a component chassis. I know I'd sure love to have one just for the ease of maintenance.......but it just doesn't pencil out for me at this time. Maybe a few years down the road (if I can convence the purists in my class that they are not completely evil, lol!).

And no, I'm not in the Light Pro class.....I am in a much lower HP class than this.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 02:36AM
I am not condemning them at all. But look what has happened to the numbers in the classes over the years that has them. If it's allowed, I am afraid that same thing will happen.

If some one wants to go component, why don't they just build a pro or super and help numbers in those classes?

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 05:44AM
While I understand the point you are trying to make, I strongly disagree that it is the sole reason that has reduced the number of vehicles in any given class.

I would say that is more a product of high $$ engine/turbo budgets, dyno time, and technology. None of those things are bad, but put them all together with a person that has alot of money and you will have trouble competing as the small guy (LSS/HSS diesel or alcohol)........that can happen in every class and has little, if anything, to do with the chassis.

Where do you think the truck classes would be today if they didn't go this route? Why are tractor guys so opposed to this type of build?

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 01:32PM
The class is perfect right where it is. That’s not me saying it it’s all of you. Half wants more. Half wants less. It’s perfect.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 01:51PM
day late
While I understand the point you are trying to make, I strongly disagree that it is the sole reason that has reduced the number of vehicles in any given class.

I would say that is more a product of high $$ engine/turbo budgets, dyno time, and technology. None of those things are bad, but put them all together with a person that has alot of money and you will have trouble competing as the small guy (LSS/HSS diesel or alcohol)........that can happen in every class and has little, if anything, to do with the chassis.

Where do you think the truck classes would be today if they didn't go this route? Why are tractor guys so opposed to this type of build?

Well I can see one thing and that is we can agree to disagree with each other. I say that because I'll agree with you on that the chassis doesn't make the horsepower. The engine does. But I will also ask, why are so many tractor guys opposed to more than 1 turbo charger?

If this lt. pro stock class is working for 95% of the competitors in the class, then I feel it needs to be left alone. That's just my opinion and I am not saying anyone has to agree with it.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 02:44AM
Some people are so concerned with progress and innovation they forget where they are. The rear and chassis is the limiting factor without some limitation all u have is another pro stock class or a non optimum super stock. I will never understand why folks think there should never be a limit. Every class has a limit of some kind, so if you are making more power than your chassis can handle maybe backing down to keep it alive should be considered. I know the next answer is so and so isn't backing up, maybe they have a deeper pocket and should consider a higher class of tractor.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 05:51AM
Aagin......I disagree completely with the analogy that if the chassis can't take it, back it down. Not all trans/rears are the same from OE.....so is it right to say that just because my 460 won't take huge power that we should hold everybody else in my class to a lower limit? I don't think so. Allow people to make a chassis that can take some power and is easy to work on. The limits come from cubic inch, turbo size, pump size, manifolds and using an OEM cylinder head.....also weight....tire size....why should the chassis be a limiting factor over all these things?

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 10:27AM
day late, you have a valid response, but limits like OEM cyl heads should have been enforced about 10 plus years ago, which weren't in many classes if you look close enough, so why can't everybody in all classes use billet blocks and so on. The OEM chassis I think can be fine for the Light Pro class, just my opinion. Darin

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 28, 2018 03:31PM
Dude if your making or feel your going to make more power than the chassis in the class with already set rules will handle MAN UP and go get you some of the next class in this case go get some of the River Rat every one always wants to be the bad ass in a little class then try to change the rules just under were they want to be if you want . Idont pull in this class but its the same old bull shitt all classes go through this class was made with rules and Limits because the group that started the class wanted a cheaper alternative to prostock

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 29, 2018 03:45AM
Chassis rules should be for safety only. If you think exceeding 3000 HP on a 4010/706 center section and rear end is safer than a component then you are only looking at it from the view of your own hood. Start from scratch(salvage yard cast) and or new chrome moly tubing,......in the end it's the same $$$$$$$$ to make weight in this class.

Re: Question #2 Will the Light Pro Stock go component? May 29, 2018 03:52AM
Class is perfect some want more, some want less. Most want class left alone. Don't take my word. Look at all light pro posts. Go pick on other class leave this one alone. That is looking across all the hoods.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,749, Posts: 229,900, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,088, Posts: 226,003.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM