903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 11, 2018 08:28AM
What does everyone think about the 903 Cummins being allowed in the open super class? I know everyone has their own opinion and we all probably won’t agree but just want to see what everyone thinks. Me personally I don’t think they belong in the class. To me it seems like they are ruining what used to be an awesome class. Seems every pull now it’s Blackbourn 1 and 2 way out in front and everybody else right there in a tight group together. Seems to me it would get old going to compete knowing you were only going to be competing for as good as 3rd place unless one of Blackbourns blows up. Not trying to start a pissing match just wanting to see what everyone else’s opinion is on the matter. Not knocking Blackbourns in any way either as all of their tractors they build run really good. I just feel the 903 doesn’t belong in the class.

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 11, 2018 08:54AM
As we have seen already this year the #3 tractor of Chizek has been able to beat the other 2 and its a PUSHROD 6 cylinder. So perhaps its not the block that is putting them out front, its whats bolted to/in them that is doing it.

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 11, 2018 10:47AM
Yep the HD tractor laid down a perfect pass at ft recovery and made the v8’s look bad and I am v8 fan but that was impressive

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 11, 2018 11:01AM
Changing the rules seldom changes the winners. Terry is extremely sharp.

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 12, 2018 02:15AM
ihmx270
Changing the rules seldom changes the winners. Terry is extremely sharp.
This is your answer.

"The Horse is already out of the Barn" June 11, 2018 11:32AM
The 4WD tractor engines should have never been allowed in the first place. IMO Terry Blackbourn is the best in the Business when it comes to Alcohol Super Engines. Anything they build is very hard to beat on a Consistence basis. Blackbourn's will always be in the top, no matter what rules are changed ! Don't know what the answers are, but would be nice to see some new blood in the class! The Alcohol Super's are a very fun ride!

Re: "The Horse is already out of the Barn" June 12, 2018 10:09AM
Since the V8 has been a legal entry for many years it would be very difficult to do away with them. Maybe a better solution would be for 1 of the National organizations to allow them in competition, and 1 does not. This gives options for both V8 s and the 6 cyl. tractors, Maybe it would improve the show for both organizations and fans.

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 11, 2018 11:43AM
I agree with John. 903 never should have been an option.
Now that can has been opened. When I make my first million the second million will go a 903 on diesel. Just to try it out. I like smoke

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 12, 2018 09:43AM
Class is a dieing class and has been experiencing a steady decline over the past few years. I don't believe it has as much to do with the 903's as the economy and lack of tractors. Only the pullers with ULSS tractors have the real answer if the 903's have caused alot of them to sell or park their tractors. I also also agree the 903 should not be allowed but not in class so my opinion doesnt matter.

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 12, 2018 02:39PM
A 903 should be in the Mod class. But Blackburn could build a Belarus and win so whats it matter hes good

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 13, 2018 11:09AM
Lets not forget there are also a few non Blackbourn 903's out there that are far behind the average 6 cylinder tractor.

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 13, 2018 01:07PM
Agree with all said 903’s should have never been alowed but to late to put it back in the horse. Blackburn’s tractors always run very well and are the best prepared in the business. Lewis has a idea could you imagine a few of those 903’s in a multi engine mod with Blackburn prep! Yippie Ki Yea!

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 14, 2018 08:07AM
So here we go again on this so why do we not see anyone else trying someting different theres enough good engine builders out there that would surely like to try a different combo plenty of other V8s Mfgs.... So if Blackbourns Came out with a Agco Inline 7 Cylinder and ran that well would we be having this Discussion Still ???? Its Called competition and if your getting Beat then figure out what you can do the step up the game......

Re: 903 Cummins in the open super class.....what are your thoughts? June 14, 2018 10:31AM
whats it matter anyway their not tractors any longer ,use anything

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520