Tuthill fuel pump July 14, 2009 01:32PM
I see a lot of Tuthill gear drive fuel pumps mounted opposite the injection pump on both red and green tractors.Does anybody know what the part number is that IH SF pullers use?I see these pumps at Columbus,Scheid,etc in the $4-500 range.I cant believe they are that expensive They should be able to be bought a lot cheaper at any WD that handles pumps etc.Just need a part number.Or a cheap source for them and the mounting plate for IH 400 series.Thanks!

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 15, 2009 08:02AM
kennyspullingparts.com. good people

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 15, 2009 01:34PM
I know several places that sell so called "pulling pumps"and those are the middle men I want to stay away from.They all mark them up 50-100%.I am looking for a part number so I can go to my local WD and buy direct.Similiar pumps sell for less than $200 at a wd.I dont want to give the middle man $400 or more for a $180 pump.Just need a part number.But if you got yours from a "pulling pump" store,the part number is probably machined off so they can keep gouging you when you go to them for another pump.The same goes for the adapter plate.Columbus,for example,does not make the ones they sell to youThey get them from an outsource.As far as Kennys goes,I have called him 2-3 times for different parts,got his answering machine,left messages,and never heard back from him.Guess he's too busy for me.So I wont bother him anymore.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 15, 2009 05:21PM
Tuthill part number is a 2LEV-CC....they are like 250 bucks or so

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 15, 2009 11:42PM
Thanks!

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 20, 2009 09:37AM
I have the pump the mounting plate and the drive for a 400 series.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 20, 2009 12:29PM
One thing that you have to watch on these pumps is the direction of rotation. They won't work properly if you try to run them backwards because the relief will be on the inlet side instead of the pressure side. You can convert a pump to the other direction but you have to do some machining so that the relief is mounted on the other side and then you have to plug the old relief hole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 01:01PM by J&R Machine.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 21, 2009 01:40PM
Doesnt the IH use a Counter clockwise pump?I found a 2LEV-CCA but it has a short shaft.Am I correct thinking the short shaft is the one most common on the "kits"? $130 sure beats $425! I like these guys that say "Ive got 'em,but are too proud to say what they want for them.Must be a secret.Or they say"I'll sell it to you for X amount,but everybody else its XX amount.Gimme a break! I dont mind paying a profit,but 300% profit is a rape job.Same goes with 99% of the rest of "puller parts".None of us like to be stuck in the ***.I just bought a new GT42 turbo direct for $440 delivered! Not $1440.You price gougers need to wake up.We aint paying 4x over retail for your latest"trick of the week".A lot of puller stuff is over the counter or can be built cheaper at your local mchine shop if you do a little research.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 21, 2009 01:49PM
DO tell where you got a GT42 for $440.00 Id like several of them

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 21, 2009 02:46PM
I would like to know too. I need one.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 21, 2009 11:15PM
I can get them for $440 delivered.If I mark them up like the "big boys",I need to get 1200 for them.How many you want?Thats still a good deal! Just kidding.I found them on Ebay.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 22, 2009 02:42AM
There are a bunch of different GT42 turbos with different wheel sizes. Are you sure you're getting the 3x3?

Re: Tuthill fuel pump July 22, 2009 03:42AM
The price wan't a secret I will take $250.00 for it, mine is used.

Re: Tuthill fuel pump October 12, 2011 08:28AM
SuperMan---Do you have a phone number or email where I can reach you. I am interested in the tuthill pump and drive-if you still have it. My email is phoneman1751@verizon.net

Thanks

Re: Tuthill fuel pump October 14, 2011 03:07PM
Do u have to run special belt and pulley with these pumps

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520