Light supers June 22, 2018 04:26PM
I don’t care who you are or how much money is backing you, but having the same driver pull 3 highly funded tractors in the same class is bad for the sport.

Re: Light supers June 22, 2018 04:30PM
Agreed......

Light Supers June 22, 2018 08:34PM
I'm just a fan and I couldn't agree more. Not sure if anything can be done or even if it's fair to a puller that's able to pay for more than one tractor. It seems like every class has the same issue.

Re: Light supers June 22, 2018 10:46PM
Must be you got beat so it's time to whine & cry

Re: Light supers June 22, 2018 11:56PM
Maybe they do, maybe they don't. That wasn't the point. I too agree, it gets old fast. And no, I don't compete against them.

If they need that many bullets, maybe they could mix it up and try a different block in one of them, like they did for the heavy supers. That at least is making it interesting.

Of course it's a free county and their money, so...

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 01:38AM
It's funny that earlier in the week the big thread was (low numbers)
But now your bitching because a guy spent his hard earned money to have 3

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 03:34AM
If they weren't winning nobody would care. But because they do and are actually pretty dominant it's not good. Every Motorsport has multi vehicle teams it's just part of it.

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 08:14AM
I’m not bitching about the guy spending money, I’m bitching about 1 driver pulling 3 top level tractors in the same class. Especially in a drivers class where you just can’t pin the throttle and go.

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 03:30PM
your history isn't very strong before he got into the alky supers, chizek had a pro stock Ih ran well but nothing like the alky supers. I think it would be better for the class if each tractor had a driver. There are multiple tractor teams throughout the country but most all have multiple drivers, but Mark does a great job putting one from the start t o the winners circle.

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 01:43AM
I hear the same complaint with the Petro's in the two wheel drive class but there are times in RN competition that if they didn't show up the numbers would be very low. I think there are times on the GN where if the team you are referring to doesn't show up in the Lt SS or the heavy Unlimited SS the numbers would be very low...example Benson, NC. There just aren't enough tractors of this caliber running in these classes to throw them under the bus. The Mod classes are the same, just not enough tractors at times to make a good class.

S'no Farmer

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 03:04AM
Maybe one of these days promoters will take those poor numbers into account when they book classes. There's nothing like a 3 day event that has 40,000 people watching and a couple classes have 8-10 vehicles (with only 4 that can win) and others have 35+.

Are these really the best competitors or just the only guys dumb enough to spend the money? Basically the sanctioning body wrote rules and made it too expensive for anyone else to try so they end up being the default champions because no one else cares.

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 03:16AM
Not all that long ago there were great numbers in the LLSS class, always 18 or more at every pull, then everyone got to complaining about this an that, big money came into play an now lucky if theres 10 show up, use to a 850 dollar turbo was the norm, now its 6500 to win same money, but i guess your odds are better when 10 to 15 are left in the shop or barn, its got out of hand bad but how do you roll the clock back at this point ?

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 05:34AM
Just start another class.....lol.....seems to be the norm

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 08:04AM
Maybe you didn’t understand my original post, I’m fine with one guy owning 3 tractors. I’m saying the same driver shouldn’t be able to drive more than one per class. That would be no different than Greg Anderson racing 3 prostock cars at the same event.

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 09:49AM
I understand what the original poster is saying. Something I have always wondered, and this situation might be one of the best examples to look at, is about financials. If each tractor was considered, looked at, and kept track of like it is it's own business with both inputs and outputs measured, how many of the 3 in this class would be "profitable" if any of them. I have heard it said for many years, no one gets into pulling to "make" money. But as we know, "making" money and being "profitable" are two totally different things. If there is no profit to be made, obviously the owner does it for the love of the sport/business; bragging rights will only go so far.

Again, I understand the original poster's comments and intent, but I do appreciate numbers in a class. And there is nothing wrong with "agreeing to disagree."

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 02:21PM
So a bunch of ya are complaining that it "is bad for the sport". Oh, really, what a stupid comment when none of ya can even state one single reason why it is. So please explain your view point.

I do not see where it is bad. Brian can read a track and is a great driver. Every body has some kind of competitive advantage in all kinds of things in life. And Chizek is smart enought to recognize such talent and utilize it. What is wrong with that? Randy Petro many times drives both his 2 wheelers at an event. Is that really a problem?

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 04:06PM
All I can say that as far as the TWD divison, I give much credit to the guys who are able to outperform the multi vehicle teams. (McDonald, Blagrave, Barbee, Nichols, etc.) Pretty tough when most have 2,3,4 shots to get it right. But if I were able, I’d run multiple trucks too. It’s just smart if you’ve got the money. Force, Hendricks, Penske - not just in puling.

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 12:44PM
I’m sorry but how is 3 similar looking tractors from one team any different that 20 of the same John Deere Pro Stocks or a full class of 4 engine Mods. They are essentially the same same tractor to the fans. Only those of us that know the difference can see they are not.

Re: Light supers June 23, 2018 03:12PM
i would love to see the pulling team that this thread is about go try a different route they have pretty much won and conquered everything in a couple of different classes i would like to see that money and experience and know how maybe try a diesel class probably never happen but i think it would be interesting to see what they come up with just food for thought

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 01:34AM
I completely agree with what Todd said, a good share of the crowd doesn’t know or care who owns those tractors, builds them or drives them. Mike, Terry and Brian bring top notch equipment to every NTPA pull (with no offense to any other puller) to put on a show for the fans and do a great job at it. Without them the super stock class in general would be completely dead in the NTPA.

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 11:10AM
I agree about fans not caring who builds, owns, or drives the tractors. Fan's just want to see different tractors. That's my only complaint with the Chizek LSS's... they all essentially look that same. Heck, most people in the class can't even tell them apart so how is a fan supposed to know which one is which? I understand the numerous reason to keep the tractors the same from an ownership standpoint, but from an entertainment standpoint it hurts the show to have three carbon copies run down the track in a class of eight or ten. It's obviously their money and their right to do it but it really hurts the show by not having any variety. It would be cool if one was a 686 one was a Maxxum 5150 and one was an MX, then fans' could at least tell them apart.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 11:19AM
I have been following this page for many many years and never do I remember anyone complaining about the Roberts pulling team when they had three identical tractors in the class.........

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 11:32AM
I did. Larry Roberts tractors were not carbon copies of each other (if you looked at their silhouettes they were quite different, unlike the Chizek LSS's) , but they did share a very, very, very similar graphics package. It confused fan's and even some photographers that I stood on the sidelines with. Again, I understand why teams do it, but I think it's a detriment from an entertainment standpoint.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 11:45AM
There is no difference with chizeks having 3 looking the same
Than there is with guys selling tractors and keeping the sheet metal
And putting it on the new builds but nobody comes on here complaining
About that

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 12:21PM
Let me riddle you this batman, what if one of the three identical tractors engine blows up in a afternoon pull and is leading the points, goes in the trailer with the other two and comes back out with its sheet metal on a different tractor just to make the hook in the night hook. Is that fair to the rest of the class? I'm sure I;m not the first to think of this and as smart as they are I am sure they have thought of it also

Re: Light supers June 24, 2018 01:36PM
Peter T.
Let me riddle you this batman, what if one of the three identical tractors engine blows up in a afternoon pull and is leading the points, goes in the trailer with the other two and comes back out with its sheet metal on a different tractor just to make the hook in the night hook. Is that fair to the rest of the class? I'm sure I;m not the first to think of this and as smart as they are I am sure they have thought of it also

I've heard many rumors about a two tractor team with identical tractors going into the hauler with "A" tractor first and then "B" tractor but when they unloaded an hour or two later they came out in a different order... Again, just rumors, but I heard them from a reputable source that parked next to the hauler and sat there the whole time while he ate lunch.

Alkyfan
There is no difference with chizeks having 3 looking the same
Than there is with guys selling tractors and keeping the sheet metal
And putting it on the new builds but nobody comes on here complaining
About that

Um... there's a huge difference from a fan/spectator standpoint. Fan's see three identical tractors in a 10 tractor class... not great for variety. If a guy keeps his sheetmetal and sells the tractor... the average fan won't have any clue that he made any changes. The new owner will most likely put different sheetmetal on so that means it actually ADDS variety to the class. That's a huge difference.

Again, it's their right, but as a fan I sure wish they'd do something different with two of them (I think they're great looking tractors by the way... but you can have too much of a good thing).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: where was Marcus Wettleson? June 25, 2018 05:36AM
His tractor is on the precommit list but he didn't hook at Tomah.

Re: where was Marcus Wettleson? June 25, 2018 06:41AM
He was at Tomah as a spectator. Meant to go ask him, but he was busying talking to other pullers.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Multi Hook Teams June 25, 2018 08:11AM
There are a lot of multi hook teams so why just complain about Chizeks. You have Esdon Lehn, Bauer and Koester in the mini rods, Craig Corzine in the 2 wheelers, Jake Zaring, Haggedorn's, Schramek's and I'm sure there are more. You cut everyone to one hook per driver and your probably going to start losing hooks at the pulls. That's not good for business. JMO

Re: Multi Hook Teams June 25, 2018 10:11AM
AC Fan
There are a lot of multi hook teams so why just complain about Chizeks. You have Esdon Lehn, Bauer and Koester in the mini rods, Craig Corzine in the 2 wheelers, Jake Zaring, Haggedorn's, Schramek's and I'm sure there are more. You cut everyone to one hook per driver and your probably going to start losing hooks at the pulls. That's not good for business. JMO

Nothing wrong with multi hook “teams”, this post is about one driver pulling 3 vehicles in the same class.

Re: Multi Hook Teams June 26, 2018 12:13AM
Ntpa get it together

Nothing wrong with multi hook “teams”, this post is about one driver pulling 3 vehicles in the same class.

That's what I was referring to! Every name I mentioned pulls a least twice in the same class with the same driver. Nobody complaining about them, so what's the big deal about Chisek's!

Re: where was Marcus Wettleson? June 25, 2018 08:13AM
Good to see Jason Hootman, even when put up against a 3 tractor team with top level tractors week in and week out still placing 2nd! Let's not forget he also won the ring in BG, Louisville, and the Enderle. It's Not how many bullets you have in your chamber, but how well you shoot.

Re: where was Marcus Wettleson? June 25, 2018 11:36AM
It should require more than 8 hooks at 4 pulls to decide a championship in the first place. Plus it's seems pretty hard for me to grasp how last years champion had an average finish of 2.7, but the second place guy had an average finish of 2.4?

Re: where was Marcus Wettleson? June 25, 2018 09:18AM
Rings are not championships, I'd bet jason would trade for 1

Multi Hook Teams June 25, 2018 02:13PM
No one has yet to state a reason(s) for why it is bad for 1 driver to pull 3 vehicles in a class. Or even 2 vehicles per class. Every driver example given just shows how good of a driver each of them are and the positve impact they make up their class and thus the pulling sport. Lots of fan followers that way, which are needed. I have no problem with that but I do with watching a poor driver as it usually equates to a poor run and thus poor show.

Re: Multi Hook Teams June 27, 2018 07:17AM
In my previous post on this thread, I mentioned I appreciated the numbers in the class although understanding the original poster's comment. I think back to a local county fair here in IL that used to carry the Pro Stock tractor class. Yes, its an early/mid June fair so some of the farmers/pullers may still be in the field and can't make the trip. In a 3-4 year span, they averaged 3 true pro stock with a couple lim pros jumping in too. We had already seen them but I understand their desire for prize money to pay for the trip. Two of those 3 true pros were from the same farmstead and arrived in the same hauler. It would not have been a fun show without the numbers of the multiple tractor team. And here we are, they no longer have that class at the fair. It was the only reason why my kids wanted to go there; therefore, no gate or vending money from one family. Got to have numbers for people to put butts in the seats.

At this year's event, Nelsons and Corzines were responsible for 5 of the 9 TWD machines there. Top notch iron for sure, but numbers are what gets the crowd. Again, just an observation and opinion.

Re: Multi Hook Teams June 27, 2018 10:52AM
I say just have a TWD class with Nelson’s, Petro’s, Corzine’s, and Simon’s. Then you’ve got plenty of competition and plenty of space in the infield to park more cars. (Heavy sarcasm)

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason