How to run (or ruin) a class June 30, 2018 05:39AM
Not going to single out a group or specific class of vehicles but taking 1and a half to 2 hours to make 10 hooks or less is something that can be improved. I see know reason why staging (starting etc) can't begin the minute the previous vehicle is unhooked . Once that sled stops back at starting line at least they could be rolling towards it.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class June 30, 2018 06:58AM
I agree although that wont ruin a class it will ruin the whole pull.But what will ruin a class is organizations with the same classes with a little different set of rules then someone going around to the fair boards getting classes unsanctioned,to have there class

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class June 30, 2018 10:38AM
Perfect way to ruin a pull is by not having any pie and cold beer.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 12:08AM
Track crews really need to be on the ball. No one wants to watch the scraper tractors and roller tractors make 15 passes between each hook. Sled operator should know after each hook how the track will hold, so no need for any additional resets after the first class. It is also on the pullers and their crewsto have their “stuff” together when the starting flagman calls on them. Too many pulls are going too late. The last class of two are sometimes viewed by just a handful of people.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 12:31AM
true statement,you among so many perfect people,you should be on the ball more anr be ready to accept that your brain function might not be aware of reality

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 02:17AM
Truck pullers need to kiss there wifes and kids have there cigarette smoked and there suport vehicle pulled out of the way, matter of fact there suport vehicals pulled plumb out of the arena fans are not there to look at there pretty little jeeps while blocking there few and the time limit rules need to be used and pullers disqualified myself included we had one truck puller at my fair that held up the pull for 45 mins should have been disqualified . A how many will agree that getting most not all truck pullers are like trying to get a six year old kid up out of bed and ready for school take a vote on that somebody the classes that want to poke around classes should be pulled last until they decide to pep it up this is not nice but the truth as ive seen for 35 years

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 02:23AM
As a fan of the sport for nearly 50 years, it still amazes me when pulls are set to start at 7pm, yet first hook happens at 7:20 (or later). If it’s weather related, that’s one thing, but if it’s because your track and sled crew aren’t ready......I mean really. It’s just another reason fans are turned off by a not so well run competition. This is also a reason why two track events tend to draw better crowds.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 02:28AM
so in 50 yrs you have not matured?

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 03:22AM
I agree Lewis!

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 07:16AM
These ARE negative comments - correct! Just pointing them out in hopes that event crews and pullers alike can try to run better shows to keep the crowd entertained. No crowd, no pull.... it’s pretty simple. Many events occur through the week and many fans (and pullers) DO have to go to work the following day. NTPA Grand National pulls never disappoint in that regard. They always keep the show moving along. Promoters and pullers can and should take notice and try to do the same. I’m a diehard pulling fan, but if you start seeing empty seats and taillights of vehicles leaving your fair and there are classes and hooks to go.....that’s not good.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 07:51AM
Are you saying you want to skip the national anthem and the prayer and every thing else, and just have them start pulling the second you sit down?

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 08:36AM
Absolutely not!!! When BG says start at noon, when do the other ceremonies take place? Before hand? About 15 minutes prior? So the pull starts at noon, not 12:20 or whatever. Smaller events and organizations should follow the larger shows.....take NFMS for example.... it typically starts on time, and the event flows well. And ALL competitiors are pretty much shuttled around by pull off tractors!i

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 10:09AM
So you are saying when BG says start at noon the actually mean 11:45?

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 10:42AM
Confused
So you are saying when BG says start at noon the actually mean 11:45?

No, he means noon. Start time is when the first vehicle goes down the track. The anthem, invocation, etc is preliminary stuff.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 10:47AM
When the NFL says 1:05 kickoff, does it happen at 1:05 or do they mean 12:50 for National Anthem? And we all know how the NFL and the National Anthem went..... let’s not go down that road

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 05:14AM
I believe that LEWIS and myself are making the same statements and observations. Don’t change anything.....I need go mature and accept the fact events and pullers will continue to make 3 hour pulls—-6 hour pulls.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 05:25AM
If you are so pissed off,negative and bitchy,-- why the f go ????????????? the old phrase you catch more bees with honey is very true,so much crap on here,-- VERY LITTLE POSITIVE,come on guys and girls it is what it is,enjoy or stay home,complain about your neighbors.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 05:32AM
Its only mean if it's not true. It's been a problem with certain classes in most every organization for years. Not saying it's always the same ones, but it definitely ruins a show. If you don't think we're in the entertainment business, WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE PAY TO COME WATCH US???

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 06:01AM
You must be a truck puller and stay home is what a lot of people are doing. .I ask several just a couple weeks ago are you going to the pull tonight answer ,No its to hot to go sit around at a pull that gets drawn out all night and then i wont feel like doing nothing tomorrow the repatation is already there .NOW Joey be setting in your truck helmit in hands straped in gloves on ready to pull with your pretty little jeep out of the way gased up and ready to pull when it your turn or put me in charge and i will disqualifie your Ass for waisting fans time ,your time and my that is the positive to make the class better

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 06:12AM
drill sergents are that way,people can tell none of you ever worked with any kind of organization

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 08:14AM
I was in the Army a drill sargent wouldnt hurt a thing or a Mad Moma with a beach limb switch to get a bunch of kids to move on the organization,s need to be organized the pullers need to be organized ,I just got off the phone with a friend and old tractor puller that went to a pull at his home town friday night and said it drug around so long he just got up and left and didnt get to watch the class he went for,

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 08:30AM
Negative comments? Sure they are. But go to an NTPA Grand National event and see how it flows along. Those events flow along pretty well. I think many pullers and promoters could learn a few things by paying attention to how good events are out on. Many pulls take place through the week and fans AND pullers alike have jobs to go to the following day. Not everyone can OR wants to stay at a pull until 1am on a Tuesday night! Pulling IS ENTERTAINMENT!! NO FANS, NO PULLS .... it really is that simple.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 10:30AM
Weather doesn't cooperate,people don't agree,@#$%& happens in life,grow up,traffic is tough,bad drivers,it is Life,-- get one. Most people helping with pulls are volunteers,just like us pullers going to put on the show,"VOLUNTEERS". No fun pulling in a hurry,it is supposed to be fun,ya some are slow,so are drivers,teachers,police,on and on,it is part of life,don't go,make room for the people that are positive happy and not bitchy 24 - 7. Lewis you post on here all the time seem to be so very knowledgable and have "ALL" the answers,why don't you snap your fingers,click your heels and fix the world,- oh do the folks that make pulling slow faster first so you are Happy. Didn't get to see the class he wanted to watch,his fault for leaving early,everyone blames someone else for the situation,some live 20 - 30 yrs longer than others,some are more sickly,some are fighters,haters,bitchers,SOME JUST ENJOY THE MOMENT AND LIVE ANOTHER DAY. Simple to shut up and grow up,stay home if the pulling is so stressful.I love the Mountains,-- so sorry they are hours away,if I want to enjoy them in person,I do the trip,no matter how long,how windy,how cold or hot,we don't get to pick,that my friends is called maturity,get some.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 10:51AM
“If you don’t like it, leave” - that ALWAYS works. If you don’t change or adapt....you are doomed to fail.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 11:05AM
George must be one of those who likes to get out of his truck and pop the hood and look around for 10 minutes before he finally pulls off the track. I guess he didn’t get enough attention as a child.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 11:25AM
you all have the answers,-- but no one knows the question. All of you negative a holes don't like the truth,bitch all you want about life,never has,never will matter,I am a quad paralized wheel chair ridden person that loves life,enjoys nature,positive energy and truth,the sun comes up every day,accept it or not,doesn't change the outcome,BB come over push me thru the park,so we can spar and figure out why all you nay sayers are so upbeat.And in case you" normal" people don't think you have a handicap,think again.Have a good day,I hand out lollipops to kids in the park,glad to see the smiles and spirit filled eyes,try it sometime,feels great.never been to a pull,just commenting on all the positive feedback.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 11:44AM
Very well said, some of us forget how good we have it to be able to do what we love, i agree with you, some peoples priorities are not in the right place, everyone needs to just go have fun an thank the Lord the were granted another day to do so, wont always be that way.

Re: How to run (or ruin) a class July 01, 2018 12:15PM
I’m not talking about life. I’m talking about the pullers who think they are so special. Most of the fans in the stand are complaining about the same thing. You can run three tractors by the time the next truck gets hooked. If you want to watch an idiot prance around his truck so be it.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520