Getting my tractor back from builder July 09, 2018 12:06PM
My tractor has been in the shop since April for minor upgrades and was promised it would be finished by June. I don't fell I should be charged anything for labor since tractor isn't done or even close to being ready.. Has anybody else experienced this problem and what was the solution?

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 09, 2018 12:46PM
Going through the same thing right now! Was told back in January it would be done in February. Then it was march, then it was April, then the end of May. Here we are in the middle of July and I haven't heard from him since march and still no tractor!

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 09, 2018 01:52PM
Any chance a fellow puller can get a heads up and not get screwed

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 09, 2018 11:08PM
Did this shop not know they'd be taking in other projects when they promised him the June delivery date? The whole problem with these performance shops is they are unwilling to give realistic completion dates. They know more work is coming in and it won't be the only thing they have to work on. Be upfront with your customers and no one is on here complaining.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 03:17AM
Ok folks notice I said small upgrades and I was told to bring it to shop at that time. I could've done myself but when the GOAT tells you to bring it on over that's what you do. I can promise you research will be done on next stop. I don't have a tractor to not pull all summer over a hand full of sensors. Going after it in day or two and will not recieve a bill or pay a bill. As for you builders don't tell somebody their truck or tractor will be done with no intentions of finishing on time.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 09, 2018 03:35PM
I run a repair shop of my own and my customers with major projects don't complain about a project taking a while. Don't you under stand in order to stay busy and in business you have to take on more than one project at a time? Part suppliers for custom parts are getting worse about supplying the parts they sell because they are doing the same thing, taking on more and more business in order to stay busy and in business. You gave them the ok to do the job be happy when it's done and not paying for the labor?????? That's just rediculous. I will usually give a 10% discount if paid quickly on bigger projects that take longer than expected but how do you expect them to provide for their family while giving away their time!

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 09, 2018 03:40PM
The most assinine part of the OP was him taking it in, in APRIL!!!!!!!!!!
If I get something like that drug into me in April, and I give a June date, it is NEXT June !!!!

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 12:28AM
What part of "promised it would be finished by June" did you miss there? Do you routinely break promises that you have given your customers? So your time is worth money (which I agree with) but the owners time is not? I'm sure you are 100% ok with your suppliers promising delivery of parts then missing those dates and screwing up your scheduling? Do you tell them " Oh, that's ok you are going to miss your promise date, and that you cant even give me a delivery date...I'm thankful and happy that you will even deliver it someday, you guys are the best!" . I bet not. Bottom line is the promised him a June completion date and they missed it. They can blame supplies or whatever but the buck stops with them as they gave the date. He deserves to be compensated for his lost time. Under promise and over deliver, the golden rule of business... if you want to stay in business.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 12:45AM
How much of the work could you have done yourself? Granted there's thing that need to be done at a machine shop. But would save you a lot of headaches

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 02:40AM
David Runkle(earls dream)
How much of the work could you have done yourself? Granted there's thing that need to be done at a machine shop. But would save you a lot of headaches

Dave, I wondered that very same thing myself.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 04:43AM
It's also about work ethic. We have a local repair shop here that is very slow. It would be easier to take if the shop was ever open past five pm or on a Saturday morning, and the guys didn't insist on taking in all 100 of their kids softball games every year while work remains unfinished for months and months.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 16, 2018 07:44AM
Craig Craig Craig. Lol

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 12:56AM
More times than not I wonder what planet you people live on. Yea, I agree with projects never being on time sucks. And chalk it up to a lesson learned instead of going on the internet and complaining to make yourself feel better. Did your better half get tired of the complaining, and you knew some bleeding heart on here would come to the rescue? Get a life.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 02:04AM
Thats nothing, I know of a guy who's tractor has been with a builder for over 15 years....

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 02:09AM
You want someone's time for free because it's taking longer than agreed? Grow up. Nobody is entitled to anyone's time for nothing just because things didn't go as planned.

There is a 100% chance that the customer/op changed what they wanted done, those changes changed the completion date. I say this because that's the other side of the story that people that jump on the internet to cry don't tell you.

"He deserves to be compensated for his lost time"??? LOL it's a freaking pulling tractor. In real life, the guy is probably saving money by it sitting in the shop not getting done.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 02:31AM
So you really think that's the reason everybody misses promised dates, because of changes? I was promised a crankshaft (not billet, just stroked and mildly at that) in two months. 14 months later I received it at $150 more than I was quoted when the shop didn't have to do anymore work than they intially quoted and I didn't change anything. I have countless friends who have been through the same thing with no changes. The real problem is that most of these shops are broke and when someone comes in needing a quick fix you get pushed back so they can get the quick dollar. They know if they give you the real timeline you'll never let them touch it and they always want a backlog so they know they've got money coming in.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 02:16AM
The more money you have to spend, the quicker it will be done. $=priority

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 03:05AM
Easiest way to fix the problem is go and pick it up and bring it to a another shop, maybe you will be pulling by next year.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 02:59AM
All you big feelin' guys come out of the wood work when things go wrong for you. I see it EVERY DAY in every aspect of business. You guys get a bill and you take 60 or 90 days to pay it because, "well the guy who owes me money didn't pay me when he was supposed to" or "can you wait until I can deliver my contracts, my cash is tight?" or what ever it may be. But just as soon as you see the slightest inconvenience for yourself, "that's not my problem, make me happy." I don't care what business you are in or who you are, things go wrong. Everyone blows off like they are the most important person walking the planet, you yell, scream and threaten business owners and service providers like they owe you something. That is the kind of customer business owners don't want and shouldn't have to deal with. I have been deep into this sport on the service side for a long time and there is a laundry list of the "great tractor pullers" who are running their GN equipment on someone else's dime. They don't pay vendors and when a guy has the nerve to ask for money owed, they move on to the next guy and then bash the guy who had the "gall" to ask for his money. The reality is that everyone is in business to make money, not to be there for you. You owe the service provider for product or services rendered. That person invested their time and probably is out their own money on parts they have installed on your tractor. They want it done just as fast as you do so they can get paid. It is a free market, if you don't like it take your stuff somewhere else or do it yourself if you are so smart. You can either wash the sand out of your vag and patiently wait for the guy to finish it, I am sure he intends to do the job right or you can go to him and politely explain, "hey, I am not happy with the progress of the project, what do I owe you for parts and labor to date?" The guy will probably say "sorry you are unhappy" and give you your tractor and you can take it to the next guy and really there be no hard feelings or you can whine like a girl. You guys would put a gold brick in your shorts if you blew off at the wrong guy and they just load your stuff up and bring it right back to you in a pile on your front lawn.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 07:11AM
Typical
All you big feelin' guys come out of the wood work when things go wrong for you. I see it EVERY DAY in every aspect of business. You guys get a bill and you take 60 or 90 days to pay it because, "well the guy who owes me money didn't pay me when he was supposed to" or "can you wait until I can deliver my contracts, my cash is tight?" or what ever it may be. But just as soon as you see the slightest inconvenience for yourself, "that's not my problem, make me happy." I don't care what business you are in or who you are, things go wrong. Everyone blows off like they are the most important person walking the planet, you yell, scream and threaten business owners and service providers like they owe you something. That is the kind of customer business owners don't want and shouldn't have to deal with. I have been deep into this sport on the service side for a long time and there is a laundry list of the "great tractor pullers" who are running their GN equipment on someone else's dime. They don't pay vendors and when a guy has the nerve to ask for money owed, they move on to the next guy and then bash the guy who had the "gall" to ask for his money. The reality is that everyone is in business to make money, not to be there for you. You owe the service provider for product or services rendered. That person invested their time and probably is out their own money on parts they have installed on your tractor. They want it done just as fast as you do so they can get paid. It is a free market, if you don't like it take your stuff somewhere else or do it yourself if you are so smart. You can either wash the sand out of your vag and patiently wait for the guy to finish it, I am sure he intends to do the job right or you can go to him and politely explain, "hey, I am not happy with the progress of the project, what do I owe you for parts and labor to date?" The guy will probably say "sorry you are unhappy" and give you your tractor and you can take it to the next guy and really there be no hard feelings or you can whine like a girl. You guys would put a gold brick in your shorts if you blew off at the wrong guy and they just load your stuff up and bring it right back to you in a pile on your front lawn.

Fantastic!!!

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 16, 2018 12:49PM
I wish he would unload everything in my front lawn that would make this simple the problem is he spent the money and doesn't have any parts to show for it not sure what part you don't understand, the problem is there were contracts and they were signed by both sides and progress reports were supposed to be sent along with pictures in a parts list nothing was ever sent so no more money was sent I offered to go get all the parts and end it and told him I was unhappy he's the one that got an attorney and is hiding behind an attorney he is the one that lawyered up first he's the one that went to the state highway patrol and admitted he owed me money he just needed time to come up with it then he counters with a $7, 500 offer today where's the other 12, 500 if you want your labor give me the parts you did work on, he won't even cough up any pieces or parts get your story right before you speak

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2018 12:53PM by Justins Toy.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 11:03PM
And there you go another tractor that apparently has more customers than brains.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 03:07AM
If he wants to hack you around, Call him out and put his name on here. Let everyone know he lies about his turn times and can't be trusted. Alot of other posts on here seem to think it's okay to lie about lead times and pricing. It's not.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 11, 2018 10:12AM
You can't put names on here. Administration will delete post. Been there done that I think we should be able to. Then maybe they would stop the lies and games. Taking money and not doing the work. What ever happened to just settling it like men. Now everyone wants to go get an attorney and hide behind them

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 11, 2018 10:19AM
You can post names it just has to be done by the rules. People have done it plenty just do what the rules say.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 11, 2018 10:55AM
Show the rules. I have done it and always deleted

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 11, 2018 02:03PM
Will not speak disparagingly about a business, organization, or individual. If you feel that you need to warn or share an actual experience that may be construed as derogative or negative by other page users you MUST:

Post your real name

Post your contact info: address, phone number, etc...

Alternately you may email all your info to us, but you may only post your comments after you get our reply email.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 12:44PM
To who ever started this post which turned out to a blah blah blah Im dumber than the next guy , as usual on here, Ill say something - If you cant do the work yourself, why have a pulling tractor ? Spending Grandpas money >?????

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 12:57PM
you guys need to liten up,stop judging,many of us have been there,not many do all the work needed,maybe we are more informed than some posters. Sounds jealous and bitter to me.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 01:08PM
I hope that's not a serious question. 99.99% of pullers don't do all the work theirself. I doubt you do either if you even have a pulling vehicle.

Re: Getting my tractor back from builder July 10, 2018 10:27PM
All these comments and yet nobody comes up with the solution. When getting work done get a written quote and stick to it. If not done for the quoted price and time do something about it otherwise shut up. Its business and whining on here wont get any work done.

Been there and experieced that !!! July 11, 2018 08:41AM
Been pulling over 40 years. Getting anything done on time has always been a problem. I know of countless pullers waiting on builders to complete pieces and/or parts for pulling vehicles. It sadness me that Builders will take on a new project went they still have more projects than they can finish in a year or two. I just wish they would tell me it's going to be 6 months or next year before they could finish. But don't give me lip service and tell me you will have it ready in 6 weeks knowing it will never happen !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 03:28PM by PULLMX.

Got the answer ! July 11, 2018 08:51AM
Maybe it should be like the Deli at your Super Market, when you drop off your pulling engine and say you get number 44. Then you get put in line for your build [like when you order a New Truck]. Then the builder follows the order they came in. Then when they call Number 44 !!! All excited i yell "NUMBER 44, I'M GETTING ME SOME PULLING PARTS" Ooh my Goodness, now there's a concept!! LOL [Disclaimer, I'm having a bit of fun with this]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 03:16PM by PULLMX.

Re: Got the answer ! July 11, 2018 09:36AM
Going through same thing on a new build. Motor tranny and transmission are supposedly done. He lied and tried using a used frame. Not what we agreed on. Got an attorney. He is in for a surprise after signing 2 contracts and he thinks neither will hold up in court. I sure would like to know the builder. File a complaint with state attorney general. It's free and takes 5 minutes. Once they get a few on one business they will take action

Re: Got the answer ! July 11, 2018 09:41AM
Justin don't hold your breath on the AG. We have a case involving 6 digit numbers for over 2 years and 1000 other people on the same case. No settlement yet. Good luck.

Re: Got the answer ! July 11, 2018 09:38AM
PullMX is 1000% on track. These builders over book and get top $$$$ to do their work.

Re: Got the answer ! July 11, 2018 10:07AM
Wasn't even that he over booked. Any pictures he sent he never had anything new going on. Rumor has it he sits at computer all day and doesn't get anything done. It's ok I have pictures of his so called progress. Lol. Would be so much easier if he would just allow me to get all the parts. Then he could even get his labor money. Wasn't even trying to screw him out of his labor. I'm guessing he really doesn't or didn't have all said parts. Why waste money on attorneys and drag your name through the mud is all I don't understand. At least attempt to make good and walk away and start over. Learn from what was done wrong. That would be so hard? I would even take it after he supposedly had done more to it and pay the extra just so we both could stop wasting money on attorneys!! And we could walk away and both learn from our mistakes. It's only going to get worse the more he drags it out. It could be over in 1-2 weeks but nope. Makes you feel he lied and has none of the said parts. It's ok. I'm spending the extra to push for fraud charges. At least everyone will then know the bad builder and he can ruin his own name by being on TV and in news Smiling. One last offer then NO deals!!!

Re: Got the answer ! July 12, 2018 02:22AM
Most people just want someone to stand by their word. I do and expect the same from others, no more, no less.

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 08:22AM
I think what people are trying to say here and what I think is that sport will never die all together because you will always have the local town festival and county fair pulls where people bring in their "farm" tractor to pull or street truck or hot farm tractor or pro street truck/semi whatever etc. which is great and that's what the younger people are doing because it is somewhat I said somewhat affordable, but what will suffer is the pulls on a national level we are literally dynoing ourselves out of any feasible budget so numbers will continue to drop it's already happened in super stock and pro stock then what happens promoters don't want to book a class with 3-5 vehicles in it, so yes we have limited pro stock and light pro stock which are headed down the same path especially light pro. If the number of participants fall off so will the number of hooks and the crowds as well, the writing is on the wall but nobody is reading it and yes again for the people like Bauer's, Lustik, Chizek, Simon's, Ross, Lehn etc. this won't effect them one little bit but the people working normal job's doing this for fun or on limited budgets are fading fast. I guess we'll see what the future holds

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 08:28AM
that last post was supposed to be a reply to the what will pulling look like in ten years post

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 11:35AM
This post is so funny and humiliating to those who started it,, you have a pulling tractor and cant work on it yourself ??? Does the big FARM support it ? JMO,, bashing guys who are trying to make a living ,,, then have someone who pays to have a pulling tractor built,, how dumb are you ?

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 12:16PM
My thoughts exactly! Even if you cant do some of the build yourself it would be advisable to " manage" the project and farm out the engine build and whatever else and keep the tractor in your possession. Surely you and your buddies can install a motor and so on. Don't feel sorry for you.

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 12:42PM
And for your information it was an all-new build there was no tractor to keep in my possession so if you don't know what you're talking about you shouldn't speak

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 01:18PM
Seems how it was deleted

AAR. Armfield AG Repair. Craig Armfield

Signed 2 contracts. Breeched both. And lawsuit is now in progress. Will keep all informed. Stay away bad business!! Administration has copes of contracts!!

Justin W Ford
518-932-1247

Thank you
Just posted so others won't pay him upfront and don't get scammed!!!

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 01:23PM
Ive always had to do everything to my own stuff because I always had more time than money ,But if i had more money than time and wanted a pulling tractor i would have one theres not much difference I enjoy working on other peoples stuff helps me with mine this guy got screwed and no one could blame him for being pissed off i cant build a jet ski so if i want one ive got to buy it

Re: Got the answer ! July 16, 2018 01:52PM
Believe it or not there is always 2 sides to a story. Yes there were 2 contracts sent by myself. Hopefully most would conclude that I wouldn’t choose to contest this without good reason. There is a court date set for July 20th. It’s a matter of public record so whoever is bored can check it out and follow along. Sorry to clutter up the board with this gibberish. That’s all I’m going to post on this subject. So maybe we can get back to pulling

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520