farm pulling safety July 16, 2018 09:51AM
looking for some positive input not trying to start anything, with some farm pulling tractors creating the power they are what can be done for the safety of fans workers and pullers?tractors with 5 times and even more than that over stock Hp and still running50 -60 year old clutches, a accident is going to happen even at 3000 rpm. do we need to start putting on blankets,trans tie bars wheelie bars, or even require SFI clutches? just post positive remarks dont want to start a pissing match! if your spending money on bigger fuel and air systems saftey equipment is alot less money.

Re: farm pulling safety July 16, 2018 11:40AM
Your last sentence hits the nail on the head!

Re: farm pulling safety July 16, 2018 11:45AM
we are way overdue for accidents waiting to happen with "BAD" results for all of pulling.I put a steel flyeheel in yrs ago to protect myself,others,my feet,body,money,pride and for "SAFETY' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so many have very poor wheely bars,no blankets,poor upkeep,bad setups and on and on,this is in antiques also.

Re: farm pulling safety July 16, 2018 02:42PM
Saftey equipment is a very positive idea, scatter blankets wheelie bars and air shutoffs would be a good idea! But i believe the real question is are these tractors that are running this way really "farm stock" or are they too-hot-to-farm tractors in the wrong class?

Re: farm pulling safety July 16, 2018 03:05PM
being in the right class won't help safety,having safety items in all classes is needed

Do this July 17, 2018 04:35AM
Make a rule that anybody over stock rpms needs a blanket. Strictly enforce rpms.

Re: Do this July 17, 2018 10:24AM
Good luck enforcing anything in farm stock. We tried to and PO'd pullers and about ended the pulls. About the only thing I've seen work is pace for all farm stockers. If you think you're too hot for pace then you're too for farm stock .

Re: Do this July 17, 2018 02:15PM
On a inline pump, if a plunger should stick while the governor has the pump wide open, there is no limit on the RPMs the engine will turn if he pushes the clutch. Only the vale springs will limit the RPMs.

Re: Do this July 17, 2018 02:06PM
Pull some Iowa clubs, they enforce RPMS..same in Nebraska...pulled at 4 IFPA events in last 4 years...they NEVER check RPMS and may are running over....(IFPA is Illinois Farm Pullers)

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,868, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,985.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM