Computerized pull registration &results on web?? July 24, 2018 04:10AM
I'm working with a tractor and truck pull for a local county fair and we are trying to see if anyone has a slick way of entering class registration on a webpage or spreadsheet that can be linked to the announcer stand and simplify the process of getting class details up to the announcers, and if really slick, enter in the distance pulled right on that form.

I know NTPA uses something they developed but was told they won't share that with a small fair pull that is farm stock tractors. Anyone got a tip or place we could look to get rid of paper and sending runners back and forth to get the class details to the announcers? I have had boys in the high school wrestling program for years and every school can use a simple registration program called "track wrestling" and you just log into a web site, set up the event and start to populate the weight groups. This would be darn near the same concept and with it on-line, the results would be instantaneous.

Anything you all can share would help as we have been struggling with this for years.

Thank you, Kevin

Re: Computerized pull registration &results on web?? July 24, 2018 05:59AM
Kevin,

You may want to look into a public google drive document. They update live, and you can allow only the people you want to edit it. If it is public, you can give out the link to whoever you would like to see it.

This link may be a place to start if you want to look into it. Share files from Google Drive

Just a suggestion, but hope it helps!

Aaron Docter
Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244

Re: Computerized pull registration &results on web?? July 24, 2018 06:38AM
Looking for something similar for our club..

XFuelLive is a new app that is suppose to solve this issue. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but it has potential.

Google Sheets may work, but your laptop has to have internet in order for it to work and update properly.

We will be looking into this much more after the season, might have to adapt other programs, idk..

---

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009