Why so much bickering of forum? July 24, 2018 12:57PM
As a life long fan of the sport of tractor pulling, I am so puzzled that nearly every topic on these pages become so angry, we all share the love of this sport can't we treat each other with enough respect as fellow fans to keep the mean keyboard realed in a bit. Just disappointing to see it constantly no what the subject.

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 25, 2018 04:00AM
I agree, ive been here since mid 2011... i understand the right to voice an opinion but more than 1/2 of it now is just childish senseless bashing and arguing to death over the same old deadbeat debates.

i find myself visiting less and less often and questioning why i still do.

its not only tractor pulling or this forum, its just the new world we live in...better get used to it

Al

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 25, 2018 04:18AM
When you can get on a forum and use fake names, there isn't any accountability. People will always get bolder and louder when there aren't any consequences.

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 25, 2018 06:24AM
I firmly believe that it goes that far because, we live in a society that doesn't hold anyone accountable, and people are too PC, and they don't say what they really feel, which is,F-OFF when dealing with the trolls on here

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 25, 2018 07:12AM
Just remember, Dick Morgan can see your ip's
Just saying, after Dick made his post about this, you noticed the thread he posted in kind of died down! Lol
Good job Dick for making people think a little bit. As Jesus said, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone"
And what did her acusers do?..... They all disappeared.
Think about it guys, before you make your next post.
Just saying.
Have a great day and let's see some positive posts.

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 25, 2018 09:05AM
swampy
I firmly believe that it goes that far because, we live in a society that doesn't hold anyone accountable, and people are too PC, and they don't say what they really feel, which is,F-OFF when dealing with the trolls on here

well said Swampy

to be honest mr. "just because" , if you get screw more than once by the same outfit... your the fool that lack's judgement and are part of the problem.

The Morgans choose to run the board the way they want, i personally would like to see mandatory sign-in to post to help with the accountability issues but i know its not a 100% solution. there will always be a troll here and there.

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 25, 2018 10:41AM
I use my name on here and and no some people gets pissed now and then use there fake name for the bashing and have beer and a burger with me at the tractor pull although ive noticed a few that dont have much to say.We all have opinions and i will admit ime wrong sometimes but not very often being right gets people madder than being wrong .lol

Please direct me to the posts... July 25, 2018 02:28PM
First, mandatory sign-in (registration) doesn't work. It would go one of two ways A.) This page (any tractor pulling webpage) would dry up and be completely deserted. It would be a ghost town or B.) People would just sign-up with fake names under numerous free email addresses. There would be no way to stop people from just going to Yahoo/Gmail/Outlook and just creating a new email address and then creating a fake username. The people would still be just as anonymous as they are now. There's really no way to have both: accountability and traffic.

Second, I just read every thread on the first page of the forum and I only saw one thread were people were arguing and they disagreeing but they still did it in a fairly civil manner. The only negative/bad/angry thread I've seen in a while is the one between Craig Armfield and Justin Ford and that a couple of pages back now. They've both spoken their peace and now the courts can figure out the rest. There's no sense beating that dead horse until there's some progress in the courts.

Third, disagreement is completely fine as long as people keep it civil. Sometimes it gets heated, and sometimes people can get fired up but that's because people are passionate about the sport. Disagreement is fine when done in a civil fashion. I actually think we've moved so far away from confrontation that people don't know how to do it in a polite fashion anymore (sorry Swampy but F-off is not the right way to handle it). People generally surround themselves with viewpoints similar to their own. The rise of social media has amplified this effect and inundate you with opinion/stories you "Like". Facebook and other social media algorithms don't puts thought provoking content in your feed and now we struggle to see the world through anyone else's eyes. I agree Swampy abou tthe rise of political correctness contributing.... I think some people are PC in their workdays and then use their online persona to vent and be a complete jerk to everyone else.

Forth, don't respond to the idiotic comments. Simply ignore them and one of the moderators will delete them (or I will delete them) The more that people respond to the angry idiots the harder it is to delete them, and the more it fuels the morons. Somehow we've forgotten how to ignore others and we're all addicted to being outraged about something... anything... whether it's our business or not!

For those complaining about the anger/negativity... please direct me to those posts and I'll take a look at them.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Please direct me to the posts... July 25, 2018 02:34PM

Re: Why so much bickering of forum? July 26, 2018 08:50AM
use your real name, and use this site for info, upcoming events,help with technical problems etc. for info. this is a great place for info ,than you get the people who want to be ignorant,i don't know how to handle them for sure other than delete ignorant stupid post

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM