Galot LSS July 26, 2018 12:06PM
What is the Galot LSS , something new.

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 12:38PM
Its been around several years Get a load of this

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 12:56PM
it hooked in the lite class, LSS!!!!!!! is it a new tractor or a different motor cause it's a 650 overhead cam motor for the open super? whats the deal?????

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 12:58PM
Neither Galot tractor was ever a LSS and I just saw that one of the Galot tractors just won the Unlimited SS class at PPL Goshen show and there was only one in each class so it does appear that they have a push rod 505 engine.

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 12:39PM
Same tractor but lss legal motor

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 02:56PM
Well it's about time somebody went after Chizek with credentials other than Haugs nobody can beat the 3 headed beast.

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 03:23PM
Hootman can beat them.

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 05:27PM
I visited with John Strickland in the pits between sessions. One Galot was equipped with a LSS engine, its first outing, placing 4th of 14, they being pleased. The other Galot in its first time ever hooking PPL won the ULSS class. Congratulations to Team Galot for a great showing.

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 11:43PM
Dave, Brent had one of the Galot tractors at the PPL show in Michigan earlier this year.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: Galot LSS July 26, 2018 11:38PM
Fuqua can beat them

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 05:21AM
Just my opinion, but I have a hard time believing a motor that can run the LSS class won the last 2 USS points champoinships? Curious why they haven't been running the LSS class the whole time then?

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 05:27AM
I think it's a safe beat that the Galot tractors did not run a push rod 505 for the 650 alcohol class. Rather they built a engine to try the LSS class. My other question is what do the Galot tractors weigh bare that one could makes the lighter weight. I think the combination of an owner that has the financial ability to run multiple classes and one of the best engine builders it will be interesting to see if they do choose to build a couple tractors specifically for the light class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2018 05:32AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 06:30AM
They ran both of them at The North Carolina State Fair last year in the regional Heavy Super Stock class, So I would assume they have two push rod engines for there tractors, Since regional NTPA Super Stocks are not allowed Overhead cams. And looking at the way there tractors are built I don't think they would have to much trouble making the light weight class, Some tracks they probably would need the benefit of more movable weight but overall They seem to be set up to do it from my observation.

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 11:29AM
Dan M, I thought John said this was there first PPL event. But the MIS results show otherwise, as you suggested. Thanks for the correction.

Dick M. and "They seem..." are correct.

John said the newest tractor built, I believe the one he usually runs, is the one with the LSS engine as that chassis is much lighter than the other tractor.

So at Goshen, each tractor pulled only in their appropriate respective class.

John would like to have competition at the remaining NTPA SSO class events.

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 11:42AM
I am watching the NTPA results from Brandenburg and Galot II is pulling in the LSS there also, very interesting.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 11:52AM
Would be cool for it to be at Langford next weekend...

Re: Galot LSS July 27, 2018 06:14PM
I wouldn't bet on it being in Langford since there is a SSO hook on the 4th in Salem, IL

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Galot LSS July 28, 2018 12:28AM
My thinking only:

At this point in time, the 2 Galot tractors have the SSO points and championship all to themself. So, if G2, the points leader by 1 point, pulls LSS at Langford and Galot continues to pull all the SSO events, will become the SSO champion. G2 earned its first GN LSS points last night at Brandenburg, being 9th in points hunt.

At BG, there is no confict of SSO and LSS class being in same session. So, they could switch the engine and thus G2 pull in 4 classes. This will guarantee a top 10 finish for G2 in both classes in season points and ready to go for 2019 giving more options of how they want that tractor, G2, to pursue its future pulling course.

At this point in time, the GN LSS is much healthier with tractor #'s than SSO.

Re: Galot LSS July 28, 2018 02:38AM
The recent outing of the GALOT 2 in the light class is only for testing purposes. We have been thinking about what direction our team wants to head in for a while now. We do have 2 pushrod engines that have been run in the regional and state level pulling classes... not running OHC engines... our hoods will open and anyone can look.
The GALOT 2 chassis is not ideal for full time competition, but with the help of some light weight HUMPCO components we were able to get close. For the remainder of the season we will be running the OHC engine in the Open class and swapping the 504 in for the light. GALOT 1 has been in an experimental stage for the 2018 season with a new chassis and turbo setup. This chassis will not make the light weight class.
Hard work and dedication will always win and we have an amazing team. Any team in the light class can win. Winning a championship is a marathon... not a sprint.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,951, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,035.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009