Helmet fogging issues July 29, 2018 01:38AM
I wear glasses with a helmet. How do you guys deal with glasses fogging up inside your helmet? Is there a trick?

Re: Helmet fogging issues July 29, 2018 01:58AM
We went to helmets with the blower port and use the helmet blowers, best thing we ever did, no more fogging issues.

Re: Helmet fogging issues July 29, 2018 03:55AM
You could leave the shield open a little depends on how strict the club is or take the side pieces on your helemnt to let it get more air in your helmet

Re: Helmet fogging issues July 29, 2018 12:11PM
my helmet has a double layer visor which has never fogged up on me.. some glasses are worse then others? really depends on which direction your exhaled breath goes? balaclavas tend to make it worse? just my experienceSmiling

Re: Helmet fogging issues July 30, 2018 12:47AM
To my knowledge, a snowmobile (dual layer) face shield does not meet the SNELL requirements. It does DOT. I may be wrong, however. Since most organizations only require helmet to be SNELL, it might not make a difference. The dual layer shield is not very impact resistant. JW

Re: Helmet fogging issues July 30, 2018 01:35AM
Sporting goods type places sell products used on rifle scopes to help prevent fogging on the outside of the lenses. Usually comes in small spray bottles. Don’t know how good it would work. Might still have some. Have to give it a try if I find it.

Re: Helmet fogging issues July 29, 2018 01:16PM
We also use a helmet with vent and use blowers. It not only helps with the fogging but helps cool you off on those really hot days.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM