Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 07:15AM
Heard rumors that the checkin out sf was caught cheating this weekend! Any truth to this

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 07:24AM
Well what was they caught doing? I wouldn't post this unless you know for sure. If this is rumor you owe them an apology.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 01:46PM
I saw Mr Anderson chatting with Big John and if you look at the PPL Results he was listed as DQ after he had made a nice pass .... But yet the 4.1 Pro Points leader runs some kind of manual traction control and its ok lol

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 03:03PM
If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by manual traction control

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 10:21AM
Not Electric controlled as in automatic i dont have the details on it all yet

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 10:40AM
Okay if you do find out if you could please tell me thank you

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 12:28PM
The problem of going bigger is the turbos we have now become expensive door stops. Just go to a smooth cover, leave the exhaust where it is. If you want more power go to 4.1. We are on the verge of 8,000 dollar turbos for hotfarm/ superfarm. So what if we have to back up a little , we all back up won't change a thing, the sled has gears. I would rather spend 2,000 on a new wheel and cover than spend 6,000 on a new one and have NO market for my old ones. My two cents

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 01:28PM
Well, technically any form of MANUAL traction control is completely legal. Electronic control of any sort isn't.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 01:16AM
I am starting to think something is going on with the PPL 4.1 points leader. I think he has only been beat 2-3 times in PPL all summer. No one doubts his tractor runs good but that is a little too dominate in a limitted class. When Hartman goes 342 ft at Evansville and Hartman is no cream puff and he still puts close to 18 feet on Hartman in 2nd something is a little off. I do not think he has been beat at a midwest region hook and like I said only 2-3 times on the silver series. Feel free to take a shot but a tough tractor is one thing at times this year he seems untouchable.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 07:40AM
Checking Out Super Farm was protested at Evansville. Their turbo charger was found to be illegal and they were thrown out. Do not know what was found to be illegal about it.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 07:45AM
Why would anyone do that. You have that stamped on your forehead forever.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 10:38AM
They were protested and admitted they were 540ci back in the old ITPA 9500FS days

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 12:31PM
They were also the ones that were accused of cheating at bowling green!!

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 01:01PM
Ntpa man
They were also the ones that were accused of cheating at bowling green!!

As I recall, they came from Hamburg. For the NTPA event at BG, the allegation was they were seen dumping ice into their intercooler, allegedly for weight (intercoolers are legal in PPL but not in NTPA). They won the class that day.

I believe because they came from Hamburg, they were pitted over by the NWOTOA Admin building northwest of the grounds well away from the rest of the class except for a couple other PPL tractors who also came from Hamburg.

This was alleged on this forum but in fairness to Mr. Anderson, I do not believe anyone protested so officially he is presumed not guilty.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2018 01:03PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 02:40PM
If cubic inches was checked across the states how many would come up illegal ,Ive been pulling 33 years and only seen one tractor checked .A cubic inch check should be mandatory without protest actually in a sanctioned body it shouldnt be the pullers duty to keep the class straight and fair

Re: Checkin out super farm July 29, 2018 05:59PM
I agree Lewis well said

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 12:35AM
I feel Lewis that there are people who are and will always be at a more elite level of engine building/ pulling and it SHOULD be the pullers responsibility to decide if they just plain flat out suck and should find a new hobby or if they really feel they are getting the wool drug over their eyes. It forces the person or people that are questioning another of wrong doing to be held accountable and not get their hand held while hiding behind a door peeking around the corner. Maybe next the sanction bodies will hand out hugs and kisses for the guys who loose don’t work at it and don’t spend $$$. The entitlement people feel they deserve with the half hearted effort put forth in this country today is very sickening.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 05:54AM
I feel. .... you take the award for the stupidest post of the year. There are several reasons people pull with a club or association. I'm betting one is rules and management enforcing said rules

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 03:08AM
They had ice on their tractor in BG.. clearly states no ice allowed anywhere on a NTPA sf tractor

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 06:03AM
Get rid of the slot, no more bitching! My god the turbo builders are making out like a bandit on this!

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 08:09AM
I agree with Jonesy. Get rid of the slot. Make it a 3.2 or up the horsepower a little and make it a 3.5 smooth bore. PPL Hot Farms fought this last year and now Super Farms.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 09:21AM
Keep the slot and do away with the size rule.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 11:18AM
Why not just use a box turbo that is not a "special turbo " made for....... example a gt42 or 55 or similar.....imo that's what's wrong with pulling 300 ft is 300 ft that will never change so why change turbos every year or every other year? And they never get cheaper always bigger and more money. In the 20 some years i been around pulling this applies to all classes. I pulled superfarm few years ago and turbo was gt42 cost like 1200 bucks what's a turbo cost now? 5k? 7k? And still go 300ft.....crazy, so why change....never understood that.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 12:24PM
Here's a thought.. if you can't read the rules and follow them then move up to and unlimited class or don't pull!! Every time someone gets caught illegal they always think the rules need to be changed!! Simple fact is there are rules for a reason and if you "didn't think" it was illegal then you should have it checked before you hook!!

Re: Checkin out super farm July 30, 2018 12:43PM
So how long are they kicked out for?

Re: Checkin out super farm July 31, 2018 12:28AM
Ryan was headed to meet with ppl to try and appeal his conviction. Hopefully ppl sticks by guns and boots them and rooster so people running by the rules get a fair shake

Re: Checkin out super farm August 01, 2018 01:13AM
But yet not one of you has been able to identify what was illegal about the turbo. If their crew is approaching PPL with an appeal wouldn't you think that there is more to it than "well darn it we got caught." It would appear that they feel that they have grounds for appeal and think it is worth pursuing. What has been heard in certain circles, albeit rumors, is that the go/no go gauge would pass at a certain point in the groove but not in other areas. How many of you can machine a MAP groove in a turbo and hold a .001" tolerance and pass tech? How many of you rock throwin' sinners have double checked your turbo when you get it back from your vendor? Oh, you get it from a vendor and assume that it is within spec because your guy said so. Really, that would be strange. I believe it was brought up that they were leading points, hmmm, if you stand back and look at it from farther than your key board it would appear to me that a competitor took a gamble on a protest to knock them out of the points race. It also looks like their group feels that they are in the right and can appeal and win the decision. So, maybe they are "on the cutting edge" like all you big talkers bring up when you are bangin' on your keyboards being special and tell the rest of us how the sport won't grow with out people "pushing the envelope." Kind of a dick move to call a guy out on the internet when they are in the beginning of an appeals process and we don't see any statements from PPL or their crew. I hope all you pitch fork and torch carryin' upstanding citizens have your @#$%& in a pile when the protesters come calling on you. Better make sure your keyboards are all in spec before someone calls you out.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 01, 2018 02:10AM
I can hold .001 and I do measure everything

Re: Checkin out super farm August 01, 2018 02:14AM
Weren't these turbos checked at the first pull of the year? Did it pass then and not now or is it a different cover? Wasn't there cover issues at Louisville for these guys also? With their money everything should be the best and in spec.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 01, 2018 03:52AM
Hmmm....silly PPL rules with MWE groove. See what happens!!

Make it smooth bore and all this goes away. Simple.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 01, 2018 03:26PM
Salt n Vinegar
How many of you rock throwin' sinners...

Greatest. Line. Ever.

Well played, sir.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 01:54AM
Get rid of all slotted turbo options, make every class every turbo smooth bore then this type of BS is done.

Just my 2 cents worth.

red712.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:08AM
You guys ever get tired of crying? Grab your balls out of your wife’s purses and talk @#$%& in front of this guys face. Don’t do it on a message board and hide behind the keyboard boys, man up.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:27AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 03:18AM by Trav540.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 01, 2018 01:35AM
The rule is if you get kicked out it is for 365 plus 10 days.

Re: Checkin out super farm July 31, 2018 07:03AM
Checkin out was seen putting ice in his cooler last year in BG however nothing ever came of it and they loaded up shop just as quick as they unloaded. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to protest them.

That being said, they haven't been running all that tough this year so caught me off guard seeing that a fellow puller decided to raise a hand now, and not when they were kicking everyone's A$$ last year. now they will have that target on their back appealed or not. bad deal all around. if you can't win following the rules- then quit or go to an open class. a lot of these pullers pour their hard earned money into these machines to play by the rules, only to get beat by people who can't figure it out or aren't quite there yet. embarrassing. and not saying just for SF- this goes for all classes

Re: Checkin out super farm July 31, 2018 07:27AM
Red Regrets
Checkin out was seen putting ice in his cooler last year in BG however nothing ever came of it and they loaded up shop just as quick as they unloaded. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to protest them.

That being said, they haven't been running all that tough this year so caught me off guard seeing that a fellow puller decided to raise a hand now, and not when they were kicking everyone's A$$ last year.

Haven’t been running all that tough this year? They were leading the PPL Super Farm points heading into last week. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I’m just pointing out that they have indeed been running pretty good this year.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 03:36AM
Leading points means you have to run good but it also means you have to show up at every hook. I’ve seen numerous points winners never win a pull before. He has been fairly consistent but not too 2-3 every time like usual. They have a tough running tractor, it’s sad to see if they truly were cheating.

This tractor ran great before SF however who’s to say it wasn’t bending the rules then as well. Unfortunately their rep is gonna take a pretty hard hit for this one. Whether it was a small matter or something questionable. Tech happened. Turbo didn’t fit the rules. Either way- they didn’t pass inspection. Sad

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 12:27AM
All the more reason to use smooth bore turbos only. Enuff said.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 01:21AM
No finer words have ever been spoken.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 09:27AM
I know that society no longer follows presumption of innocence these days - social media has pretty well killed that off - but it would be nice if people wouldn’t immediately rush to judgment on this until the final decision is handed down from the appeals board. Maybe it is upheld; maybe it won’t be. Time will tell. The only thing that any of us know right now is opinion-based. Very little of it is factual.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 09:48AM
We all will find out tomorrow night at the next pull that they will or will not be at. Then the verdict is out!!

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 03:33PM
Per our Anderson Motorsports Facebook page regarding the topic at hand. This is for all you keyboard warriors and those with multiple posts under different names.

We regret to say we will no longer be pulling with the Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League and will not be at the pull in Rossville on Friday, August 3rd. The reason for this comes down to a discrepancy in a turbo component measurement. A competitor protested us in Evansville, In last week. The PPL tech officials measuring device showed our map ring was outside the MAXIMUM ALLOWED .200” map ring rule, as stated in PPL rule book page 28 under section 12 *Intake*. However when we checked said map ring with a brand new laser cut turbo pin tool supposedly of the same size as the PPL tool, the map ring passed all tests performed. The officials with PPL were witness to said tests in our appeal to be reinstated. However we were still deemed illegal by the PPL officials. The housing in question was built with the map ring measurement less than the .200” PPL rule to allow for expansion of aluminum when heated and normal wear thru use. This so called discrepancy per PPL officials would have allowed no competitive advantage under normal competition. We want to clear the air and make sure our fans and fellow competitors understand that we have nothing to hide and were not breaking any rules Thank you to our competitors and friends that have stood behind us thru this process. Look for us do be at NTPA events beginning with Bowling Green! We would still like to encourage all our fans to come out to the Rossville pull on Friday night and show support to the local organizations helping put the pull on!! #seeyouinBowlingGreen #ntpa

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 03:47PM
U go Kyle. But are u sure napa wants you?

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 03:50PM
Just curious, were you checked hot and did ppl check you again with their tool when you were cold?

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:00PM
Yes and yes. However when you use any tool besides the one PPL has, the map groove will pass the test.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:11PM
You guys got caught quit your whining and play by the rules wouldn't be a issue then.best of luck in ntpa

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:14PM
I'm glad the ppl tech guys stuck to there guns and band these guys

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:23PM
How about use your name. It's unfortunate that they didn't try a third measuring device to see if maybe it was their measuring device that was off specs. I was looking forward to seeing you guys in Hillsboro, but will have to wait a week for Bowling Green. Best of luck the rest of your events this year.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:32PM
I agree Brent, I don’t give much credit to anyone that can’t use their real name. I’ve got a good idea of who it is tho. Look us up in Bowling Green!

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:35PM
U realize so puller isn't a real name?

Re: Checkin out super farm August 02, 2018 04:37PM
My contact info is on my account.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 08:29AM
dont think ntpa want them either.....im sure they will look at there ice box this year in B G!!!!!!!! wont get away with running ice again...thy should of got kicked out of ntpa for a yr after last yrs deal....

Re: Checkin out super farm August 04, 2018 06:05AM
seems to me they should measure them all since most of them from come from the same builder and he says it is legal?

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 12:40AM
Has anyone measured PPL's meauring device? What is different about their's? This situation strikes me as odd!

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 12:47AM
Did we just have some craziness around this issue at Louisville. PPL really lacks good leadership when it comes to rules. To wishy washy,

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:31AM
Is anyone willing to reveal which said competitor protested the tractor?

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 01:03AM
Fact- they got tossed from ITPA for being over ci limits, they confessed.

Bet a dollar there is a 3rd side to the turbo saga.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:32AM
Spectator62, your comment "The fact of the matter is they admitted it, if the rest of the tractors had been checked I guarantee they were over the limit as well but it was a good ole boy club and they did not want him there."

I call BS! The reason Ryan got caught was because someone on YOUR team was running his mouth saying Ryan had a 540 motor. Someone finally put up the cash and called him out. Please tell me who you think was over the 466 limit?...........and if your team thought that, Ryan should have put up the money and did the protest. In your eyes, Ryan would have had a easy payday collecting protect money.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:47AM
I will not disagree that he could have had an easy pay day but it was not important to him as he was not running points in the ITPA, or I speculate this as I am not him. I am not really here to argue something from 10 years ago or more just got kind of tired of reading that same comment. Knowing who was around at that time I would not deny someone was telling that information.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 04, 2018 06:14AM
seems to me they should check them all since most of them are running the same turbo by the same builder who saysit is legal on his gauge..

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 01:06AM
I want to know how an appeal is handled by the same 2 people who made the initial decision? Last I checked and appeal should be handled by people outside of the original decision makers to see the information from both side to make a final decision not the same ones who made the initial call. That in itself is sketchy and a HUGE problem. I am disappointed in the PPL and how this was handled and really had a better image of how they ran a company but once again I have been proven wrong. The flat do not care about any pullers integrity or name, they will slander anyone at first chance. I am sure if they would do theyir job down and dirty there would be a lot more thrown out for small variances In their tools not just one.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:07AM
How about you get a 2018 PPL rule book, read the protest section and the appeals section and you will get your answers. Sounds like it was done legit if you read that.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:31AM
Straight from the rule book on appeals:

Judges decisions during the event are final. In order to appeal a tech officials decision the appealing member shall make a written request and deliver it to event director or Pro Pulling League and/or member state office within 72 hours of the disqualification. The appeal shall be evaluated as promptly as possible. The meeting must allow parties involved the opportunity to personally present their position or facts at the meeting. A majority of the board will constitute a quorum for determination of any appeal and majority of those present will make the decision. Only annual members haves the right to appeal.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 02:43AM
So you are telling me that if you appeal a decision that you want the same people who made the initial decision to make the final decision not an outside group that has no involvement in the initial decision? I have read the rule book, I would think that a committee or group would be formed to review the protest and make a decision not the same 2 people who made the initial decision. Maybe I am thinking logically here but that seems like the only fair way to do it otherwise the people who made the initial decision would think they are looking bad or stupid for making the wrong decision initially.

Re: Checkin out super farm August 03, 2018 06:27AM
Keep it simple. If you're gonna pull with PPL I guess you better have them guage your turbo before you bolt it on.
He who owns the gold (I mean the guage) makes the rules!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009