Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 29, 2018 01:14PM
After a pretty busy weekend of pulling across the country, I had a question I wanted to pose to everyone that came to mind. We all enjoy going to pulls, but what pull or pulls do you get "amped up" about? I attended two of those this weekend; Ive always enjoyed the Evansville, Indiana pull and have been attending since the late nineties. Brandenburg, Kentucky is the other since its the closest national pull to my home; I vividly remember attending as a teenager because I'd just gotten my license and going to a KSTPA (maybe Bluegrass) event, so Im 25+ years on that pull. Hillsboro, BG, and Louisville are also places I seem to drive a little faster to and honestly get some butterflies in anticipation of the action Ill see and people I run into.

Whats your favorite? There are no wrong answers!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2018 01:54PM by Bryan Lively.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 29, 2018 01:30PM
at the insistence of being simple the next one but Knoxville Tn has always been a good place in the hills

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 29, 2018 01:44PM
Ellsworth, WI as it's the first big hook in Wisconsin and has a great turnout every year.
Henry, IL is a great one day pull that I travel with my family to. They don't get to see much pulling otherwise.
Hillsboro, WI is probably my favorite pull. Such a wonderful event with great numbers and always get to catch up with pullers.
Bowling Green, OH is a must. Always a top notch show with top notch competitors. No sleep for a few days there.

I love all pulls, but those are the ones I just get pumped up for ever year.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 29, 2018 03:01PM
b.g and gordyville.i personally wouldn't walk across the street to louisville

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 29, 2018 03:06PM
I have to agree with you on Brandenburg, KY. If you haven't been that place is the coolest venue in outdoor pulling. The vehicles come through and leave through a tunnel into the arena. The track is cut into a hillside that is packed for every pull I've ever been to there. The sled is actually set back into a cutout so they have enough room to pull and the people are great.

However my favorite pull is Rockwell, IA. The Lions Club out there work there rears off to put together a pull that grows every year. In ten years they went from a one night Regional pull to a pull that had three nights of mostly Grand National pulling. Some people were down on the Lions for Thursday this year but I commend them for their priorities. In a bad situation they decided to make sure the pits were good for the pullers and the track came second. While the track wasn't good they worked their butts of to even have a show Thursday Night after working their butts of starting at 7 in the morning so the guys wouldn't get stuck in the pits. They are great guys who I predict will be all Grand National if not Super National in the next several year. The young generation is really stepping up within the Organization to help take pressure off the older members and it is nice to see.

Also another pull that gets me going is the Ohio Benefit Pull put on by the Barga Family and this year the Ft. Recovery Lions. The Barga Family has worked very hard to make this a top notch event while encountering a few very detrimental speed bumps along the way. After bouncing around some and a full rain out or two they kept working to keep helping the JDRF of Ohio as all proceeds are donated. I can't comment on this year as I was unfortunately unable to attend but the past several years have been a blast out at the York Woods facility. Having 4 classes go down one track in 4 hours or less every session was awesome to see as they had a very good track crew putting the track back together in a very quick fashion. All three of the pulls are ones to check out if you haven't been.

Keith Ford Photography
[www.facebook.com]
keithfordphotography.zenfolio.com

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 29, 2018 03:41PM
National pulls: my favorite event and most anticipation will beTomah. I only live an hour away but we camp there every year. Its a yearly reunion of friemds from other states. I am very lucky to be just 30 mins. from Hillsboro for the Charity Pull. I have seen the park change so much in the last 15 years and have gotten a chance to witness the evolution of this event.

Regional: Heartland Late Summer Shootout in Unionville, MO on the PPL Western Series, the Great Jones County Fair pull in Monticello, IA Region 5 event, or Ridgeland, WI Region 3 event.

State Level: Dickeyville, WI, an up incoming event & venue in just its 2nd year on the Badger State circuit, or Darlington, WI during the Lafayette County Fair.

I get to go to many pulls throughout the summer hosting all levels of competition. These are the events that stick out but there are so many others out there that do an amazing job. I could go on and on with a list, but decided to do my top 2for each level. I enjoy most places I go, and I am thankful for the opportunities to travel to different parts of the country to see an event.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 30, 2018 01:32AM
The pull in Bowling Green is a '' must see event'', I believe that every pulling fan should go at least once. A walk through the pits gives the fan to see an amazing amount of haulers and vehicles. And for almost non stop pulling BG is a one of a kind shows. I have heard that Hillsboro is also one of the best run, exciting events that is fast becoming a "must see event " show also.

However the show for me is the ESP/NTPA event at Langford NY. I remember Jake and I going 35 years ago when it was a state hook and pullers coming from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Canada to hook there. The fan has a great view of the track from either the stands or the hillside seating. Great announcing, excellent chicken BBQ and open pits. Now that they have added great NTPA classes and LLSS to their show its a good opportunity to see both state and national pulling.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 30, 2018 02:32AM
My two favorite pulls are Louisville and the PPL hook by my house here in Wilmington OH. also anytime I can get back home to Michigan and attend a TTPA hook. I am looking forward to going to Enderle pulloff for my first time.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 07:08AM by For The Love Of Pulling.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 30, 2018 06:36AM
Hands down the ‘working mans pull’ Gordyville USA! The diversity of classes/drivers is unlike any national event out there.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 30, 2018 07:05AM
Louisville, I can hardly wait to buy those $6 beers!

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 30, 2018 04:37PM
Grand National:l Im a little bias with Rockwell 15 miles up the road but they have worked and worked to make that a great pull. Always have loved Tomah and always will since I was little.
Indoor: I really enjoy Gordyville, tractors upon tractors, constant no stop action. Lincoln, NE pull in March is a very close second, good group of tractors and the right classes.
State level: anything close to home, kinda hard to pick, good fair food, nice pull just a good old time!
one of the best times I had was Wisner, NE. fun, lots of hooks, good food and camped right next to the pull, I will go back. Always wanted to go to Norwalk and Hillsboro, maybe this year.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 30, 2018 06:45PM
the southern invitational in murfreesboro tn is the one i look forward to the most. great arena, great people,great classes,
and the town has plenty of food for a fat boy between sessions.

the only real fault the pull has is the track is loose but the promoters make the best of it

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 31, 2018 01:05AM
The Green County Fall Nationals. Mark and his crew do a great job of putting it on. The pit parking is top notch. All of the Badger State champions are crowned that day with a large variety of classes. The band and beer at night isn't too shabby either.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 31, 2018 03:36AM
Every place our little group gets to pull at in Indiana is special to me. But Tampico kinda might be my favorite. Being able to continue a tradition for 50 plus years and not charge an admission fee is unheard of in today's world especially with the caliber of classes they offer. You really get to see how a community and a volunteer fire department can work together to have a successful annual event!

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 31, 2018 05:24AM
Hillsboro has turned into a great event. Good tracks, good iron and excellent track crew make for an excellent show. Wheatland also has an amazing venue for a pull.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? July 31, 2018 11:35PM
For my money, I love the Canfield Fair pull Labor Day Weekend. Great mixture of vehicles, great seating options, awesome fairgrounds. Great venue to take the entire family for the whole day.

Re: Question: What pull do you look forward to the most? August 01, 2018 01:19AM
The first one and the last one.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,753, Posts: 229,905, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,091, Posts: 226,007.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM