Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 11:53AM
What are thoughts about possibly choosing a size like 3.4-3.6 smooth bore g trim or maybe 4 inch hot side limit??something that would allow sub 2k hp, parts would live maybe some of the light pro guys limited proguys would back up a touch if was not so far back in power ??? We see people getting frustrated with advancements in power pertaining to the cost, the maintenance etc etc. I like everyone else likes to have more power and help people advance their power programs but....There also has to be a sustainability with some sort of cost control. It seems like from customers and other builders out in the world 2,000 hp is like the magic #. Good ride, good show for fans, good reliability. Does anyone think somewhat along same lines or will it just goof up everything organizations and builders have in place ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 02:21PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 12:21PM
Ross, i am a puller in the ntpa super farm class , and i think you have an excellent idea. Also do away with the intercooler in ppl. then guys even have more choices where they can go pull. Something like this should have been done years ago and we would not have 3 or 4 classes that are very similar to the fans .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 02:21PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 02:32PM
I definitely like the idea of smooth bore much better than slots. A box charger has some great pros but it also has some serious cons (harder to police if somethings been modified... more labor and time intensive to tech, can show favoritism to one supplier, can potentially be a forgery (with money anything can be copied and modified to look stock).

I'd love to see one of the "affordable" classes (SF, Light Pro, LLSS) try the restrictor plate route. Limiting the Turbocharger has proven over and over and over again to simply drive up the cost of the turbos. Maybe someday we'll try a different route.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 08:17PM
Why would you want a 640 3.6 turbo with a 640 4.1 already in place ? Whoever came up with the Stupid Farm class years ago 640ci 3x3 ruined class before it started.
It should have been a 466ci 3x3 or 3x4 which is a better class and growing everywhere. If we continue to allow the ME pullers to create the classes we will have10000 Superfield, 466 9500 Pro Field gt42 A pump,466 9500 pro farm P pump gt42 3200rpms,8500 466 limited pro 3x4,Lt Pro 540 which is new enough its hasnt spawned 4 classes yet, Super Farm 640ci 3x3 with and without intercooler,Lim Pro 640ci 3.6turbo,Lim Pro 4.1 640ci. Now if we allow all the lower classes step up to the above classes you just went to a NWMTPA show. Replace the Super Farms with the 466 Lim Pro/Hot Farm 24.5s/20.8s then some of Super Farms can jump up to Lim or Lt Pro as the class was intended back when it was started and others can fall back to 466 and run the proper Motor to Air combination. When you have five classes with 24.5s and all weigh 8500-9500 and only difference is A-pump/P-pump,rpms and box charger/harts charger.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 11:41PM
I don't think 540 is to big for light pro and that cubic inch limit allowed several older DSS to convert over to a single charger class. The 3.6 turbo would be a good choice for super farm if you were to change the turbo rule because several builders already make a turbo that size for the prostock diesel pickups and it might be enough added HP to smooth out there ride. Also the 3.6 turbo on a superfarm without an intercooler would still make a few hundred horse less than a 4.1. just my 2 cents not really saying this should happen or not

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 07:52AM
Mark how do you propose selling this class to promoters. Lim Pro Sr and Jr. Lim Pro Big and Small. I don't want to get my Ass kicked in the 4.1 class so we'll start a new class. What's the benefit to a 3.6 Lim Pro class at least make it different than 640limited pro 466/504

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea August 01, 2018 03:42AM
DT well its 640 3" map groove now so going to 3" smooth bore would lose power that's why i suggested 3.6 smooth bore it would be a power increase but still no where close to 4.1 hp and I never suggested changing the name of the class that's your idea it's not called 3" superfarm now so why would the turbo size require a name change and again not saying these changes should happen but if anything was to change this would be a good idea in my opinion

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 11:00PM
dt- You hit the nail on the head! Light pro should have been 505 cubes also not 540, then that would have been the limit in the class.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 30, 2018 11:38PM
It looks like the box turbo is working for the outlaws.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 12:40AM
How is a box turbo harder to police than any other turbo? No one wants it but slap a claim rule on the turbo and cheating turbos will almost be thing of the past. Just throwing out ideas.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 12:43AM
Here's one for everyone. How about build a vehicle to compete in the class that YOU like and YOU and said vehicle stick to the RULES that are ALREADY in PLACE.

Thanks Rob Trowbridge, Disturbed NTPA Super Farm

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 12:54AM
FreakinA good idea, Rob Trowbridge!!!! JW

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 01:11PM
And ban the rule breakers for at least 3 years. That would put an end to some of this stuff

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 01:42AM
I'm with Rob. If you want to run a bigger charger bolt on a 4.1 and run a class and a set of rules that are already in place.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 03:51AM
Rob, Thank you for your input. Please know that this is not meant to spark hard feelings. I simply was curious as to peoples input across the country from various perspectives. First and for most, Please let me start by saying I find the superfarm class one of the most interesting due to the nature of the close competitiveness. I can appreciate your perspective please allow me to elaborate on what things that have been brought across the table in the last year or so that people/pullers/customers ask our opinions or thoughts and potential direction on.
1. A quicker, easier, black and white way to tech vehicles. for example man power, maybe no hot side rule?, easy to get to the cold side and away you go ??
2. 640 4.1 guys complain about servicing driveline, clutches and ruining a set of tires in short order not to mention the fact that stock blocks life span have been severely diminished.
3. MWE groove and ones interpretation of the groove location.
4. Denny Brown green with envy told me a few years back it cost him almost as much or maybe more I can not recall directly to build his 4.1 than it would have to build a prostock. He now has a prostock. Does it mean there will be limited growth for 4.1?
5. sustainability for class growth with new blood taking interest and the ability to afford it.
6. customers who have superfarm's like the reliability but want to go faster.

What do the masses feel ? would 4.1 guys go back to a 18-2k hp tractor ? would light pro guys switch ? are there to many classes now ? Is super farm perfect the way it is?

I don't have many answers to any of the above questions. I love the sport dearly and just hope that there is enough forward thinking to keep the sport alive for many years to come.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 03:53AM
Finally someone sees that there are too many prostock based classes there needs to be a consolidation of stupid farm hot farm 466 and set reasonable cost rules like 510 cubes and 3.5 or something similar. Wouldn't it be better to have 20 tractors in one class then 3 classes with 8 tractors stupid farm sucks anyway big moter little turbo about as far out of balance as a class could get. If you don't grow up and stop bickering among yourselves and consolidate you won't survive

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 01:04PM
The SF class is a GN class. Why would you want the whole US to change because of a handfull complaining in the Pa Oh. area. (probably rightfully so) Why would you build for a class then want to change it. Whenever you have two different types of tractors in same class nothing will ever be fair. All you do is take from one to give to another. Then if FPP or PPP let them run bigger they cant go pull with others unless keep 2 turbo's.

What really needs to happen is Region 1 needs revived. HF,SF,LP,DSS would all have the same rules as the rest of the pulling world. Instead of alienate these classes from the rest of the world. Between NY, PA,OH,MD,Etc. there would be plenty competitors. I dont see the ohio SF numbers dropping. Cause there pulling in a class with equal rules and tractors. Why would they want to go pull in a split class? They'd put a 4.1 on and go play before that. DSS tractors, I know of 2 that can only pull in W.Pa. or travel long distances to pull cause E. Pa. rules different. LP and Mod turbo Different. Hot Farm Pro Farm Different. On and On it goes.

You can change rules until the end of time. It's not going to fix a thing. Rules have been changed how many times in the HF/PF, LP/SF/MOD and PS/SS classes. It always come right back to this.
Not trying to offend anybody or anything but I for one would like to see it happen or a least adopt the rules.

Whats really sad is some of the hottest GN tractors come out of these area's. They dont even mess with local rules no more.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 01:12PM
The words. Grand national and super farm should never be used in the same sentence.

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea July 31, 2018 06:10PM
Fuzz
The words. Grand national and super farm should never be used in the same sentence.

I think your a just huge closet superfarm fan!!

Re: Possible SF Turbo Idea August 01, 2018 03:52AM
I could never get that low

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms