Outlaw points August 13, 2018 12:07AM
What is the deal with Outlaw points this year. Only about 70 vehicles total taking points in all the classes combined. Some of them never hooked to the sled this year but have 100's of points. When talking to a puller in pits he said it is all screwed up and a lot of pullers do not know were they stand. He said only certain ones in class take points and rest don't count. A lot of the points races are over with no room to move as didn't stack the points up this year as in past. Not going to be the excitement we have seen the last few years.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 12:19AM
The rule book says you can only miss 2 hooks. I think they didn't enforce that or some classes would have even less running for points. Just terrible numbers for Outlaws this year.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 12:46AM
Just sad what has happen to the Outlaws. Looking at the Outlaws website they had over 250 vehicles taking points in 2016. That dropped to 190 last year and now only 77 taking points this year. The Pull-Off for the Championship has lost its luster this year. It was so exciting the last few years and the announcers did a good job of explaining it keeping us informed. Most all the classes wasn’t decided till their last hook and multiple pullers in each class had a chance to win it all. How do you screw up a good? thing

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 03:33AM
The Outlaw app only shows about 70 hooks for today’s pull at Missouri State Fair. Going to be a short afternoon with just 35 hooks on a track. It’s pre entry but hopefully some non pre entered will show up.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 05:13AM
70 hooks, 6 classes this afternoon. That's pretty good numbers.

57 hooks, 7 classes for this evening.

Overall 127 hooks in 13 classes which works to 9-10 average per class. Pretty good for a Monday.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 05:50AM
Use to be if you paid a membership you got points. Now you pay membership and if you don't hit every pull you don't get any points. With the markets the way they are makes it hard to afford to be on the road.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 04:58PM
Outlaw watcher
70 hooks, 6 classes this afternoon. That's pretty good numbers.

57 hooks, 7 classes for this evening.

Overall 127 hooks in 13 classes which works to 9-10 average per class. Pretty good for a Monday.

I just got home from the Outlaw pull and was perfectly happy with both sessions...So was everyone that was sitting around me..One of the fastest and best run pulls that I've been to in awhile...10 hooks a class is fine with me..I've haven't missed very many pulls at Sedalia since they first started in 1966....

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 05:41AM
I guess with two tracks if they slow it down and hook one about every 10 minutes that will work. Not typical outlaw pull, it wouldn’t last 2 hours.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 07:29AM
Come on people I dont pull or watch Outlaws but do watch and pull PPL western series. Numbers are down everywhere due to ecomony,drought,and projected crop yields,price and just the cost of owning a pulling vechile. Its just a bad year all over this year. Feel bad for the fans but its not the first time numbers have fallen off. I had a friend tell me a few weeks ago that pulling spends itself ouf of competitors every generation and it may be happening now I dont have all or any of the answers but alot of trucks and tractors sitting due to the expense of keeping up or just getting to the pulls. Take a deep breath and relax itll get better or take a few years to get back to where it was. Fair boards read these boards so next year when there is no pull its either because it went on too long or wasnt long enough. Please promote and support the sport or it'll be gone from the fairs and replaced by Taylor Swift.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 08:20AM
wow "get it straight"'s comment is one of the most spot on and smart comments I've seen on this forum for awhile economy has a ton to do with low number's AND it is everywhere not just outlaw's it will and should get better in time, I think most people that post on here would complain if you handed them a solid gold bar because it would be too heavy or too long or too fat lol, can't please everyone that's for sure

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 08:15AM
One track done by 3 (2 hours) and other one had about 5 to go. Bad to pay parking, admission to fair and ticket price for that. Not what you expect at a state fair.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 08:58AM
to Spot On, would you rather had the pull cancelled? Or what is your suggestion?

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 09:18AM
It was fine when Outlaws had numbers, but now they don’t. My suggestion is get another association that has better numbers or just give them one track and someone else on other. If you just have numbers for one track, just use one track. All I’m saying!j

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 10:07AM
So outlaws put 71 hooks through in 21/2 hours on two tracks and you didn’t get your moneys worth wow pretty hard to please you, maybe you would’ve rather been at the pull last night where they had 70 some hooks in four hours , outlaws ran an awesome show this afternoon look forward to tonight session

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 10:13AM
Hey "spot on"....put your name and number on here.......

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 11:46AM
Only 50 some hooks tonight, counting class jumpers. I bet the food and beer vendors will be short on sales tonight, with this short show. Bash all ya want but need more hooks or fsir needs to make changes. When does the multi year contract Roberts made with the fair run out. I would look for changes then.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 12:07PM
So if a pull is all about numbers and not variety then you would be happy with 60 antique tractors or 30 466’s in one class. Sorry that’s boring I would rather watch 10 classes that are different with 8 competitors rather then 3 classes with with 30.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 05:12PM
Gets worst
Only 50 some hooks tonight, counting class jumpers. I bet the food and beer vendors will be short on sales tonight, with this short show. Bash all ya want but need more hooks or fsir needs to make changes. When does the multi year contract Roberts made with the fair run out. I would look for changes then.

127 hooks in 2 sessions was fine with me and everyone that I know...The older I get the quicker I want the pulls run and Outlaws did great..I enjoyed getting home early instead of 2-3 AM...This is from a guy thats been to pulls since 1964..Hystrung and Sweet Pains runs were awesome..And Gang Green won the 10 Pro on the last hook of the night..The crowd pretty much stayed until the last hook in both sessions..At lots of pulls they start leaving after 3 hours..

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 11:45PM
The Outlaws run an efficient show. I think 70% of fans really appreciate it. The majority of us cannot stay late. I hate it when the featured class is last and the stands are 1/3 full compared to the start of the show. It's ridiculous really. Some of us travel distances to watch, have small children with us, or for whatever reason do not wish to stay at a pull for four hours or more. There has been a couple times this year when I've left before the end of a pull and the class I most wanted to see had not started yet. And I'm a huge fan.

So I think the Outlaws are having a good season. The numbers are down in some classes, but the 10 Pros are actually doing quite well historically, seems like about 10 per hook lately. That's a lot for this area of the country. And while the classes are smaller, seeing a quality 2 1/2 or 3 hour pull is much better than a slow, 4+ hour pull with more hooks but most of the people leaving early.

Re: Outlaw points August 13, 2018 12:54PM
Well Spot On maybe you would enjoy the Iowa State Fair Pull this year. The admission and tickets are FREE.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009