Wisner August 18, 2018 01:23AM
What a great pull Outlaws had last night. Start on time, run them through fast and the track was excellent. Spot on sled settings with winners past 300 feet. Winners from both the early hooks and late hooks. Most classes had great numbers and some like the LSS and LPS best all year. Good to see a top quality diesel tractor win the LSS class for a change after alcohol tractors have dominated the last few years. Pull was over and in the beer garden a little after 10. Good job everyone. One question I have looking at the app this morning is what has happened to the pull off for the championship. For instance you had that new tractor in the light super put 50 feet and finish 8 spots better than the tractor leading points and he moves up maybe 2 or 3 points. What changed? This championship pulloff used to be interesting to follow but now most of the class races are over or at best between one or two. Might as well drop the pulloff for the championship or call it the championship is over before we started.

Re: Wisner August 18, 2018 12:01PM
I agree, very fast well run show with good numbers in most every class, they no longer do the pull off for championship.

Re: Wisner August 19, 2018 01:32PM
The pulloff for Championship is toast. The Barn Buddy put 50 foot on the points leader and about 8 posistions both days and gained about 5 points. This new system sucks, they might as well drop it. It has been pretty excited if the last few years but just a traveling award this year for most classes.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 12:50AM
Looking at the points I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
P4x4 the winner will be the guy that had the best season hands down.

PS same way

Twd leader has had a heck of a year.

DSS has been a 2 way battle

LLP SF M4x4 ULSS are all dead heats.

LPS is wide open yet.

Mods is somewhat close with the leader having the best overall season.

It's too bad barn buddy didn't get out in time and ulmer had issues. But you aren't winning the points in any of those other classes by just traveling.

I was told pullers voted to not do the reset. Apparently they wanted the beginning of the season to mean just as much as the end.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 01:57AM
I agree about 1/2 the classes in the pulloff where decided before it started when they decided not to reset the points at the start of the pull offs. The rest except for one or two classes is just one or two vehicles having a chance to win it when it started. If the pullers do not want to reset then really no different than just doing normal way and there is no pulloff for the championship. Especially when even members that joined do not count their points counted. No room for movement when most classse have very few taking points.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 02:04AM
As far as LSS goes how about the Deere's sticking 4 in the top 5 both sessions without the green weight handicap of 2017???? Must not need it!

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 02:23AM
Really wasn’t any good running red tractors in the class and only 1 alcohol green tractor in the class. One good diesel from Nebraska Bush there but most the others don’t run good enough to worry about weight. Besides diesels get 300 more than alkys. Looks like the Barn Buddy did their homework to make weight. Impressive!

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 02:31PM
Good homework, how about ilegal aluminum axle housing ? Yep pat your self on the back, you cheated your way to victory. Not your fault Doug bragged about it on Facebook. Don't worry I promise you will get protested very soon.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 02:46PM
If you're going to accuse someone of cheating, at least be man enough to post your name. And I can promise you there aren't any aluminum axle housings on that tractor. But I'm sure you dont care about the facts

Keith Dohrman

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 03:02PM
I guess we will find out. Im thinking Doug kind of let the cat out of the bag. If they are legal they will be a few dollars richer.

Re: Wisner August 21, 2018 10:54AM
Put the money for protest fee. I am sure Schlueter’s like some extra gas money for the trip.

Re: Wisner August 21, 2018 11:33AM
Doug said why he built them as his tractor can be a component or run cast class. No cast allowed in component class and he thought that was the easiest way to do it. I doubt he will put them on Facebook and then on his or Schlueter’s Tractor and run them at Outlaw events in the cast class. I bet he sold a bunch of them to other associations that don’t have those rules. He’s way ahead of most!

Re: Wisner August 23, 2018 09:53AM
With all of you brave experts on here there should be a lot of new tractors out next year Lss Cory had a great pass I’m very happy for them they spent a lot of time and money to get were they are. to the brave person that said there were no good red tractors wich one was yours I’m in the second year of running my new 4 charger and new chassis that we built ourself so I do know ho to build and run and keep one up it’s had and very expensive we took out a turbo pipe Friday night mid track and two turbos again but took a win in rock valley buy 39 foot and a win in gibbon buy 7 foot and took out 2 chargers so I think we have a hard running tractor and we will break it every week if we have to to win Any time you step up over 2 turbos they will break and are very complicated to build and work on so to compare them to a single charger is just ignorant!! I still think your name should be required to post on forum it might cut down on all the brave experts Proudly written by Jon Ewoldt lss builder owner and operator thanks for reading

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 02:17AM
Just like ppl and ntpa everyone had the same opportunity when the season started. Only one competitor will win points. And that winner usually does the most with that opportunity.

I dont think it's fair a puller like Metting has a heck of a year and his hard work is taken away and if he breaks or has trouble in Wisner loses the points. It's a cumulative award.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 04:33AM
The playoff system Outlaws had was fun an exciting but now it’s a joke. In all sports you have a season and then playoffs. The teams that did the best got awarded by playing the team that did the worse to start the playoffs or home field advantage or both. A lot of people are for the underdog and that makes playoffs more exciting and more people follow them closer than the season. It means more and better ratings like Super Bowl, World Series, etc. Outlaws did good coming up with something to make the end of the season more exciting. I think in Outlaws in the past years they started pulloff with more points the better you did before pulloff in like 2 point differences. Plus everyone that was a member had points counted and posistions moved around a lot. A lot of the classes wasn’t decided till the last hook. It was exciting and a lot of story lines for the announcers and fans to keep up with. Now they changed that where everyone just continues on like it was before pulloff starts on points and only the hand full in each class which pre entered gets points. That is only two or 3 in most of the classes and all the others that paid membership still doesn’t count. If the pullers voted this way so be it, that is the way society is becoming. Give everyone that made the pulloff a blue ribbon for participating because there is no pulloff for the championship now.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 06:28AM
The team with the most points at the end will win the championship, that is not a "blue ribbon for participating" deal.

Re: Wisner August 20, 2018 03:44PM
The one I can’t figure out is how one team is has collected points this summer with 2 machines using the same name, new tractor just came out but has added to the points they earned earlier this season, don’t points go to the machine ??

Re: Wisner August 21, 2018 12:02AM
Yep that’s never been allowed before. You break axle housing, frame or something you can switch back to other tractor to stay in points.

Re: Wisner August 21, 2018 02:02AM
Maybe that is what the Barn Buddy guys should have done if they had know that was allowed. Pulled out the old Barn Buddy to start the year or renamed Grand River to Varn Buddy till the new one was out. They would have won the points in a landslide.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 03:58AM
If memory is correct there were 2 diesel supers shown as hooking to the sled for the Saturday session.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2018 12:55PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 04:39AM
That class hasn’t had numbers for 2 or 3 years. All the classes in Outlaws have less hooks this year except this one, it has more. I guess when the CEO & COO has one they can just screw the promoters and fans by putting this class in there. Should of left it out at a lot of these pulls and put in another class. Better yet there is one phantom tractor that has hooked to the sled 1 time all year and he has 245 points. LMAO! What a joke this Pulloff for Championship has become.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 05:51AM
Build one then and help increase the numbers...Theres just not all that many DSS tractors left west of the Mississippi River...Several pull NTPA,some are broke, and several don't travel much..

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 06:03AM
If you actually think that's how it went down you have no clue.

I talked to those guys in wisner and they wanted less hooks. And there were 5 dss in wisner. 2 broke Friday and 1 had an issue on the line sat.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 05:23AM
There were 5 on Friday night , both John Deeres broke and Brad Campbell’s is brand new and didn’t come off the line Saturday night.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 07:13AM
5 - 3 = ?

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 08:56AM
Yes, I can do the math, just clarifying that the Dss class in Wisner offered 5 tractors not just 2 as it was made to sound in the above post .

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 11:42AM
The original Michael that’s started this said Saturday night! There might have been 5 Friday but not Saturday like he stated. Can you comprehend that now!

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 21, 2018 02:21PM
Yep, I understand the whole topic just pointing out to the trash talkers that the class was bigger than mentioned and some guys had trouble, I was actually there to watch it all unfold also I’d imagine you weren’t ....

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 05:41AM
NO THE CLASS WASNT BIGGER THAN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE POST SAID ONLY 2 DIESELS SUPERS HOOKED TO THE SLED!!!!!!! REREAD IT!!!!!!
100% CORRECT!!!!!!!
YOU JUST GAVE REASONS WHY BUT THE GUY WAS STILL 100% CORRECT.
IT DIDNT OFFER 5 TRACTORS TO THE FANS JUST 2
I DONT CARE IF THERE WERE 22 DIESEL SUPER IN THE PITS ONLY 2 HOOKED TO THE SLED!!!!!!!
NOT TRASH TALKIN JUST FACTS

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 07:27AM
Facts are 3 were hooked to sled and had green flags Saturday.

So you sir are wrong.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 08:26AM
True, I wasn't there. However, the result was taken off Outlaws website which showed (I believe) Vaske and Goodwin as the only ones making a pass.

Even if we grant 5, at the largest, most prestigious pull of the year for the Outlaws organization to get that few is a sad take on the super stock class, and this applies across the board. Outlaws are not the only org. to have diesel SS number issues. Even BG only had a dozen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2018 08:28AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 08:46AM
Yes, I do agree it would be nice to see more in all organizations, the largest showing outlaws had this year was 8 in rock valley Friday night .

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 06:16AM
Well if you’d like to be an ass about it you may, but no that is not 100% correct 3 tractors hooked to the sled Saturday, Intimidator, Chance Encounter, and Brad Campbell’s new tractor, as I said before if you were actually there you would know what you’re talking about.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 07:41AM
This class has sucked from day one. Only 2 in the points race. Should have know when only 3 showed up at first hook of the year. These high maintenance rigs lose at least 2 or 3 rigs on every two day event or sweep which is bad for the promoters that are not the first hook. Had 2 at Moville that ran and two didn’t even move the sled 6 inches, just like that tractor Saturday at Wisner. Yet the promoter has to pay for that spot. This class has had more class jumped than any other because there are few tractors in it and promoter has to pay for a tractor from a lesser class when he is paying the higher purse for this class. Promoter screwed again. Put another class in next year for the promoter and fans to see. This class needs to be at one time hook events and definitely not on sweeps.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 03:43PM
doesn't the promoter actually choose the classes they want at their pull, I don't believe anyone forced any class on them.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 22, 2018 07:11PM
It no secret Outlaw has too may classes, until they get their numbers up, DSS needs combined into another class.
PS seems the logical choice,even tho they are a limited charger class already.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 23, 2018 01:17AM
Why screw up a good class of Pro Stocks because the diesel super class sucks. Pro stocks were down to just 4 or 5 years ago and Roberts put in turbo rules to keep them on the track. Now the PS class had 13 vehicles at Wisner and easily could have been 16 if Sabotka and Parker’s would have been there. Roberts tried before he retired to fix the DSS class but they didn’t want to change and now look, most broke, quit or one hook wonders.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 23, 2018 02:17AM
fix the class?

the problem this year was from tractors that were all waiting on parts or breaking that are under those limits that were proposed. So exactly how would that have fixed anything.

and with those limits Peterson would have never come to a show and Legacy either. The problem isnt the tractors above those proposed limits. Heck 540s and 4.1s were beating those other tractors. PPL hooks same with the 540s. Put the limits in the same problem exists. Not 2 long ago it was just goodwin's 2 and cool. Funny with all the experts on here, there should be 5 or 6 more dss being built. Heck a brand new one showed up in wisner.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 23, 2018 02:26AM
5 or 6 new supers next year! Lol! A course that was said last year and we see how that worked out. I wonder how many promoters going to bite on that again.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 23, 2018 02:29AM
Exactly my point. The experts on here wont have anything out. It was a joke.

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 23, 2018 05:22AM
The DSS class is slowly dying everywhere.......Its an expensive class to pull....NTPA only has 7 in the points race...Someone needs to buy the "Naughty Intentions" DSS thats for sale on here and run Outlaws..

Re: Only 2 DSS on Saturday? August 23, 2018 01:24PM
DSS is a way different class than anything else. If you own a Super you better be able to do everything your self! You will not run a Super and take it to your shop that keeps you running. Every Super Guy in the county that's still running has my respect as he is one of few that are able to build to that level and doesn't go running to Dyno every weekend he gets beat. If you want to Bash maybe you should ball up and build one and lets see how long it takes for you to get it to the track and make a respectable run. So I see it differently it reality! Guys that have the whit's to build and run a Super are getting far and few between they are becoming a very rare Breed of Guy's!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009