Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 02:18AM
Does anyone know where to buy stronger head bolts or studs for a Deutz 513 air cooled engine? Its the bigger engine that only has 3 head bolts per cylinder. Does ARP make anything for this engine? Is anyone running this engine in any hot farm classes or limited pro classes? There is supposed to be some Deutz tractors in Mo??? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 02:38AM
Call Todd Anderson at Anderson Implement in Fort Dodge Iowa he is running one.

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 11:40PM
thanks for the contact information. I have been trying to get in touch with dave otto. I will try todd as well. nobody in my area is running this particular engine, most people are running the 912 or 913 engine.

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 02:52AM
Arp will make studs for anything. Send them one of your head bolts and they'll fix you up.

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 05:10AM
on our little angry , we just use ready rod ,,,,,,,,,,

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 07:29AM
We do a lot of custom studs with ARP - we may have studs in stock that will work - call us (541) 351-8350.

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 20, 2018 04:04PM
See if you can get ahold of Dave Otto from St Thomas MO, he pull a big duets and has battle the 3 bolt heads for years.

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 22, 2018 01:26AM
Apparently, none of you subscribe to "the PULLER" magazine. Legends feature for July, August & September are the Stauffer Bros. Duetz Super Stocks. All the mechanical issues they had with those engines, including heat bolts, are discussed in detail in the story and how they resolved the issues. I would surmise if you phone them, they may be able to help you which possibly could include making what you need. But again, the key word is Possibly. No guarantee.

Stauffer August 22, 2018 01:48AM
I have Johnny Stauffer’s number if you need it. He’s pretty dang sharp on that air cooled stuff

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 21, 2018 07:39AM
Make a block for in between the heads and crankcase drill and tap the crankcase and bolt the block down with a bolt pattern that will work for it long studs may never hold

Re: Deutz cylinder head bolts.... August 21, 2018 11:07PM
Are you pulling with one of these 513 engines? Have you made this modification to one? If you have how well does it work and do you have any pictures or patterns on how to make these parts?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009