The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 21, 2018 11:39PM
I was talking to a puller yesterday and he was telling me that the way NTPA decides their class champions is so poorly done that there is no excitement, no buildup for all their hard work. We were talking of ways to improve it, the idea of having all classes bringing the top 5 in each class to the Enderle Sept 15th for one points hook. Crown all your champions in one place before a live audience would bring well deserved recognition for all the pullers hard work. The other plus is the ability to have a rain date for the following day.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 02:26AM
I like the idea ok but when would you run all the regional classes

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 04:38AM
Some of you aren't getting it. Dick is suggesting all GN champions be crowned at one spot, and they may or may not have the championship wrapped up going into that event. If they do have it clinched they still win the title, they just get some recognition they otherwise might not receive.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 03:52AM
I'm not a fan of that idea. One guy dominates all year and then has a bad hook at enderle and gets hosed?Besides, the enderle format isn't really catching fire with the fans. Do you really like 5 hook classes at a pull? Competition is what drives this sport, so add more, not less.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 04:18AM
It's just one more points hook for every class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 04:26AM
Dick Morgan
It's just one more points hook for every class.

Thats the point, trying to decide the championship on one hook.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 04:43AM
I don't think he's proposing deciding the Championship with just one hook. It would simply be an additional points hook to add on to the end of the season for all the classes. It would mean that ALL the class champions are crowned on one place.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 04:50AM
Jake Morgan
I don't think he's proposing deciding the Championship with just one hook. It would simply be an additional points hook to add on to the end of the season for all the classes. It would mean that ALL the class champions are crowned on one place.

Why not 4 more hooks , and they are all crowned in one place already .
If you are going to run some you have to run them all not just the top 5, because why shouldn't 6th place have a shot at 5th? why shouldn't 9th have a shot at 6th?

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 05:05AM
on hook
If you are going to run some you have to run them all not just the top 5, because why shouldn't 6th place have a shot at 5th? why shouldn't 9th have a shot at 6th?

I'm not proposing the idea... I don't really like the idea. I'm simply explaining the idea to you since you weren't clear on the concept.

However, you're completely wrong on that they are all crowned in one place already. The LSS Champion has already been crowned (in Bowling Green). Some classes have 2 more hooks, some 1, and some more. The class Champions are crowned at different event throughout the next few weeks. I will agree that it would be nice to have them all crowned in one place (hence the goal of 1 more hook to crown everyone in the same place... that's why not having 4 more hooks).

Again, I'm not a fan of the idea, it's not my idea, I'm just trying to help you understand the idea.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2018 05:33AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 06:45AM
Jake Morgan

I'm not proposing the idea... I don't really like the idea. I'm simply explaining the idea to you since you weren't clear on the concept.

However, you're completely wrong on that they are all crowned in one place already. The LSS Champion has already been crowned (in Bowling Green). Some classes have 2 more hooks, some 1, and some more. The class Champions are crowned at different event throughout the next few weeks. I will agree that it would be nice to have them all crowned in one place (hence the goal of 1 more hook to crown everyone in the same place... that's why not having 4 more hooks).

Again, I'm not a fan of the idea, it's not my idea, I'm just trying to help you understand the idea.

MY bad I thought they were all crowned at the awards banquet.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 07:02AM
in my mind pullings points chases are boring,i see no point in doing it,however I do enjoy d.l.m point races,with points earned in many different ways.in racing the competition is much closer so its more exciting,in pulling the competition couldn't be further apart......

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 22, 2018 04:50AM
Before brian France made the playoffs in the cup series NASCAR attendance was at an all time high.
At that time the cup series points system was very similar to pulling.
Champions are crowned on consistency not 1 hook. 1 hook can determine a championship so don't fix what is not broken.

If it's about recognition then win belt buckles, watches, and rings !

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 23, 2018 01:38AM
So I wouldn't disagree with this type of idea. I'm quite sure it would work with some refinement. I was at the Hudsonville Mi. pull where the Lgt. Unlimited class was "crowned" and it was actually and definitely lackluster. All the Money Pit tractor did was pretty much bump the sled to win the championship. I don't know if he and any sort of breakage but it sure would have been nice to have them lay down a pass to win it instead of laying down. As for the "crowning" of a class champion there was nothing...pretty lame actually.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 23, 2018 10:10AM
I would like for NTPA and PPL to give a 5 point bonus for winning a pull. This would allow ground to be made up quicker with a few good runs.

Re: The NTPA championship class races can be improved. August 23, 2018 01:33PM
The promoters get to advertise that the fill in blank class is going to crown there champion at his pull that helps him bring in fans. And add excitement to his pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009