Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 05:40AM
Lowering cubic inch size in Super Farm is a great idea and should've been done along time ago

Re: Open SS ? August 30, 2018 05:45AM
More thoughts in this later, but related to one of the proposals: Are 2 of the 3 Blackbourn tractors and Jeff Hirt's 2 tractors currently the only Open SS vehicles that run non-2wd tractor engines?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2018 05:55AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Open SS ? August 30, 2018 08:19AM
Campbell/Jones and supposedly barga is building one

Re: Open SS ? August 30, 2018 03:19PM
640 was a stupid idea for a beginner's class in the first place. Big cubes little bitty turbo moter way out of balance now they're making them run better and they're starting to wreck parts beginner's class haha. soon more of them will be parked . also remember beans are under 8$ today

Re: Open SS ? August 31, 2018 02:59AM
Silver bullet is running a cat motor too I believe.

Re: Open SS ? August 31, 2018 06:33AM
Cat was available in Oliver and white two wheel drive/fwa

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 07:38AM
A lot of rule changes are leaning towards what Roberts did at Outlaws years ago. Box turbos and everyone run same fuel and water. Floating finish rules.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 08:13AM
So what do you suggest as a cubic inch limit? And what are you going to do about the tractors that came stock cubic inch limit over what you propose? Let's lower it to 540ci and/or stock cubic inch that came in that tractor??? So new rule will read: Cubic inch limit of 540ci or if over that stock cubic inch from factory.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 08:39AM
Stupid farm puller
So what do you suggest as a cubic inch limit? And what are you going to do about the tractors that came stock cubic inch limit over what you propose? Let's lower it to 540ci and/or stock cubic inch that came in that tractor??? So new rule will read: Cubic inch limit of 540ci or if over that stock cubic inch from factory.

Let the big motors de-cube. If they want to be the odd duck, let them spend the money to conform to the rules, rather than the 90% spending money to make them big and keep them together.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 03:46PM
sfd823

Let the big motors de-cube. If they want to be the odd duck, let them spend the money to conform to the rules, rather than the 90% spending money to make them big and keep them together.

That's backwards , you want the 90% to spend the money so the odd duck can keep up.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 10:28PM
Dear NHRA while working proudly at Walmart everyday I drive my Volkswagen Jetta to work daily just hoping to see you limit top fuel dragsters so I can race with the best too when I’m not stocking the shelves on race day. PS Maybe the little guys could have nitrous just a thought

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 08:39AM
I do suggest 540, because 540 is a realistic cubic inch where pretty much all tractor brands have a engine that can make into a 540. A 540 would give the odd ball tractors a chance to build a competitive motor that will hold up instead of maxing out blocks and making them weaker just so they can get close to a 640. Why does it matter if there are tractors that came stock with bigger motors? 540 would be the rule either swap motors or use a different tractor.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 01:12PM
To be honest I don't know why you all think that 640 is to big? I have yet to see a super farm split the block and lay it all out on the track. Correct me if I and wrong. Beside you want to decube and make all these classes less powerful and yet you bitch bc all the super farms do is die (supposedly) at the end of the track. Then all the fans won't get to see all that big black smoke cloud or the long distances. H**L let's all go back to the days with dynos at the pulls and manditory pto shafts and put hp limits on all classes. Plus everyone in the class is already 640. So everyone would have to buy new sleeves and pistons and new heads (big valves don't fit in Small holes). So who is going to buy all that if you make this rule. Nobody. And I bet your not willing to give each competitor money to decube. Oh and you really think it's easier to decube a big motor down to 540 than it is making small engines bigger lol what a joke. Once again big valves don't fit in Small holes. Plus who makes a sleeve for the 3208's or massy's that are out there running to decube? THE Reason the cubic inch limit is 640 is so massy and Olivers and other brands can run there big motors with the cookie cutter IH's and BBDeeres.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 01:39PM
Stupid farm puller
Oh and you really think it's easier to decube a big motor down to 540 than it is making small engines bigger lol what a joke. Once again big valves don't fit in Small holes. Plus who makes a sleeve for the 3208's or massy's that are out there running to decube?

If getting sleeves made is difficult for you, I guess I understand why you're getting pissy.

Massey has a 540 V8. Problem solved.

Stick a 3150 crank in your 3208. Shave off another 34 cubes. You're at 540.

Contrary to what you apparently are thinking, I'm in favor of the Oliver's and Masseys. The 540 rule would weed out the 619's, and knock 100 cubes off the cookie cutter SBJD and 400 series IH motors. That puts the other brands on a more level playing field with them .
With superfarm turbo's, the 640 cube V8's don't work anyhow. That's old news. If you want to play with a 540 cube V8 with a 3" turbine exducer, go for it. At least there's a bunch more inline 6's that became a whole lot more competitive than they used to be.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 02:39PM
I guess you have never worked on a 3208 as they don't have sleeves (they are a parent bore (if u know even know what that means lol)). So its not that easy to decube a 3208. Plus who said the V8s won't run with todays turbos? Have you ever tried? If so what hp did you get to or what kind of HP you think they topping out at? If u have you need a new turbo guy. I know one thats not to far away from running in the top. But you go cutting his cubes down then he will never make it he will probably just go 4.1 and then you will all decube that class in a couple years.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 03:17PM
Never worked on a 3208. Lol. If I feel like it tomorrow, I’ll count how many I have laying around. Since I’m not very smart, I’ll have to take my shoes off and use my toes. You’ll have to come help, cause all my fingers and toes won’t be enough. Yours probably won’t be either.

Apparently you’re not familiar with installing a dry sleeve in a parent bore block. It’s done for a few different reasons. I’ve done it more than once.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted September 01, 2018 09:41AM
sfd823

With superfarm turbo's, the 640 cube V8's don't work anyhow. That's old news. If you want to play with a 540 cube V8 with a 3" turbine exducer, go for it. At least there's a bunch more inline 6's that became a whole lot more competitive than they used to be.

After looking at the results from Waseon region 2 Super farm class its apparent someone has figured out how the make the 640 V8's work with today's turbos. Keep up the great work. Huge V8 fan.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 02:50PM
STUPID FARMER PULLER;
Runnin buck wild hamburg NY 2017
SF split the block and it landed on the track next to tractor

Adam Draudt

www.MADPullingPics.com

or follow us on

or email us at: Email us

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2018 02:52PM by MAD Pulling Pics.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 08:53AM
I'd love to see super farm at 540 cubes where it should of been to start out with and like a 3 x 4 charger but I highly doubt they will lower cubes unless PPL and Outlaws are leaning that way too, just way too many tractors, organizations, and hooks out there that they could go too if they don't like the new ntpa rule changes etc. it would have to be agreed on all across the country is what I'm getting at not just ntpa, I do not like the any sheet metal thing in any class especially light pro which has ford, ih, case, and allis etc. already and is short on john deere I'll admit but you get what I mean, either way it will be interesting to see what passes

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 09:14AM
I dont believe there should ever have been such high ci limits. But just to clarify smaller cubic inch engines make the exact same horsepower as a large cubic inch engine. The small cube motors are generally cheaper and more reliable. A 120ci engine with a 4.1 turbo makes the same horsepower and a 640ci engine with a 4.1 turbo.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 01:30PM
truck puller, I believe you forgot to type 3 keys works into your statements. Apparently, it should read as:
A 120ci NITRO engine with a 4.1 turbo makes the same horsepower AS a 640ci DIESEL engine with a 4.1 turbo.
If that is not what you meant, then tell us what ur smokin' so that possibly we can understand your so called logic.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 02:24PM
say what
truck puller, I believe you forgot to type 3 keys works into your statements. Apparently, it should read as:
A 120ci NITRO engine with a 4.1 turbo makes the same horsepower AS a 640ci DIESEL engine with a 4.1 turbo.
If that is not what you meant, then tell us what ur smokin' so that possibly we can understand your so called logic.

I definitely didn't mean nitro as a 120ci engine with a 4.1 on the same methanol tractors run will easily out power a 640ci 4.1 diesel engine.

The real problem here is tractor pulling is become a sport with a bunch of old guys stuck in the 1980s and that's where they want the sport to stay and die. As they are against anything new or different.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 06:47AM
The semi changes are going to do the opposite of what they're supposed to do. They're going to cost more money to change gearing, and re-learn suspension. The proposed changes would be great to save driveline, but that's not what they're aiming to do. Every truck is going to run a higher gear, and work the engine just as hard as they do now, just with faster wheelspeed.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 07:10AM
Interesting that 2WD would like traction control for Grand and Super Nats.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 11:34AM
Can anyone provide a picture or maybe make it clear for a country boy on what they proposed as far as the paragraph on the mwe for the superfarm ?

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 31, 2018 02:19AM
Umm not me!
BB

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 02:23PM
$725 to win the SF class at a grand national event??

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 30, 2018 02:31PM
Lowering cubic inch for super farm is pretty redundant at this point, since every super farm in the country is already 640ci. If you want a 540ci engine, build to another class. I would support the elimination of bio fuel, as it's pretty rough on parts, paint and clothes of anyone standing close by.

Also, I've seen ONE super farm throw a block out on the track, and I'm pretty sure that 3x3 charger or the 640ci engine wasn't the problem, or the cause......

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 31, 2018 12:22AM
I like the box turbo idea in the SF class.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted August 31, 2018 05:28AM
If bio is so "bad", why do so many use it? Nothing says a competitor must use bio. JW

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted September 01, 2018 01:47AM
Because you can't give up the horsepower to the rest of the competition if you plan on competing with them. It makes power plain and simple.
Thanks Rob

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted September 01, 2018 03:07AM
i think all super farms already run the same fuel,same water,and same turbo...get real guys doesnt make any diff in how you change the rules every one will run the same stuff....itsnice to run bio as cost 4 to 5 a gallon...where as vp racing diesel,(that makes less power) costs 15 a gollon...and with running bio,helps the soybean farmers showing what a good product this is!!!!!!!!the super farm class is so close on power it comes down to more setup,weights,and driving then any other class!!!!!!

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted September 01, 2018 09:11AM
6030's did NOT come from factory with 619 cubes.

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted September 01, 2018 09:27AM
No but it can swing a 531 crank

Re: NTPA Div. Committee rule proposals are posted September 01, 2018 02:01PM
THAT is so easy to take care of its funny

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,753, Posts: 229,905, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,091, Posts: 226,007.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM