Limitations and common sense August 31, 2018 12:27PM
Sitting here at wauseon oh pretty good show. 6 in the pull off only one comes back . The people around me ask why what do you say can't make it back cause my 680" engine is too hot ? Some people could learn something from sitting in the stands and listen to the fans. Cubic inch limitations and fuel restrictions maybe they could please the crowd like they used to

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 12:51AM
Are you new to. this site? There is no way possible to make the fans happy as you can see every Monday morning. I think they should raise the admission to the pulls to 85 bucks like a football game and give the money back to the pullers so we can make our machines more crowd friendly.

Re: Limitations and common sense September 02, 2018 03:10PM
Fuzz is dead on the pull off excites the croud if there were more sensible rules in the class hurting something wouldnt be as much a problem and numbers would be good without pullers driving 800 miles the customers are always right which is the fan

Re: Limitations and common sense September 02, 2018 03:49PM
LEWIS
Fuzz is dead on the pull off excites the croud if there were more sensible rules in the class hurting something wouldnt be as much a problem and numbers would be good without pullers driving 800 miles the customers are always right which is the fan

How does any of that keep pullers from having to drive 800 miles?
You are very right about it being about the fans/spectators and not about the pullers though.

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 01:42AM
Wondering if those tractors would have been willing to come back at a Grand National event? From what I saw by the results they got a pretty good show for a Region hook, regardless if they came back for the pulloff. Limitations will not change that. Would you be willing to work twice the hours for the same pay at your job, just to make your Boss have a better "show"?

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 03:14AM
Oh, really, TOP ! Tell us what it takes to make all you pullers "happy"? And all the time.
You sound like Trump. It is my way or no way and I'm sure not letting anybody play with my toys!
And if you don't get it, I am not talking about the SSD4x4 Trump.

I was surprised to see 4 GN PS show at Wauseon. For what reason did they? I can understand Cain & Schmucker being their but Lemke & Shay to come the travel distance had to be motivated by what?

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 03:30AM
oh really TOP!
I was surprised to see 4 GN PS show at Wauseon. For what reason did they? I can understand Cain & Schmucker being their but Lemke & Shay to come the travel distance had to be motivated by what?

Cody Shay from his house to Canton, OH is probably 800 miles one way, for one hook! Add Wauseon on the way and it's 2 hooks in that 800 miles instead of a single one.

Robby Lemke is no different, he's probably 500 miles one way to Canton, OH and Wauseon is on the way, so you get 2 hooks instead of a single one.

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 06:41AM
Cody Shay left his trailer at the Schmucker’s house after Wellington. Schmucker made a change on Git-er-Done, they just wanted to see if it would run. Get-er-Done was put in Cody’s trailer, as the Schmucker rig was placed in its spot in Canton

Also, Lemke broke last night and went home. Cain has to fix something before tonight

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 03:25AM

Hi,
Just thinking; If an event chooses to have pull offs instead of floating finishes, what if the pull offs were put at the end of the event? In other words, run all the classes and then if there are any pull offs, do at the end. It would give the competitors time to cool down and return. It would also give more fans a reason to stick around to the end. I know there are some sled operators that wouldn't like it, but what do you guys and gals think?

Later . . . . . . .

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 03:29AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 03:32AM by Little Wood Duck.

Re: Limitations and common sense September 01, 2018 04:50AM
I'm pretty sure most of the pullers in the pulloff are headed to Canton,Oh for a GN hook and didn't want to take a chance on hurting something. I was surprised to see that many good Pro Stock tractors to begin with at an RN hook with a GN the next night. Pulloff or not the fans got to see some pretty good passes by some of the top tractors around. Had the sled been just a little heavier they would have only run once anyway. I'm not sure being at 680 and running on kill was the biggest issue last night...more about running tonight.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,753, Posts: 229,905, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,091, Posts: 226,007.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM