Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 06, 2018 01:00PM
This is a show about dirt motorsports from 1979. At about the 52 minute mark there is footage from Terre Haute, IN. I am guessing this was shot in 1976 (maybe '75) because by 1979 wide front ends were mandated, and one brief clip is of Gene Kieck. I believe he sold his tractor after 1976.

1976 Terre Haute NTPA

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 08, 2018 02:00AM
Cool footage! Thanks for sharing

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 08, 2018 02:13PM
Yeah, that was cool. Last year for Harness' and Hileman's single engine was '76. First year for Banter twin side by side Orange was '75. So, I agree, this was shot in '75 or '76.
Right after the tractor pull segment as the mud Jeeps which is also pretty cool. Then the 1000 mile Baja race. Then I need sleep now.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 09, 2018 08:54AM
If you happen to be a member of Amazon Prime, go to video section and search "tractor pull". The first one that comes up, The Super Chargers, is just so cool! Would like to know the exact year, I'm sure Mike Hoff or Milt Bergman could answer that. I'm not sure if Bergman out front there going side to side is hilarious or awesome, maybe both. Love the old drag sleds.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 10, 2018 05:37AM
It is a really cool video, I would also recommend anyone to give it a watch.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 10, 2018 07:49AM
Great footage of Dave "Boom Boom" Stangle. For those who never had the privilege of seeing it actually make a pass it gives them a small look at what a piece of "art" it really was. A true pulling legend he was.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 10, 2018 01:01PM
Thanks for posting! Great old videos.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 10, 2018 03:01AM
I'm glad I posted this link on the Facebook group The Old NTPA-Pulling in the Past over a week ago. I'm glad to see people enjoy an old video from back in my day.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 10, 2018 01:22PM
Thanks for posting. As someone who wasn’t born for anoth 10 years but appreciate the history, that was so cool to see. I’ve zeen pictures of the machines or seen them in a museum but the video was just plain cool! Thanks!

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 15, 2018 12:44AM
Who was the other Minni Mo in the video?

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 15, 2018 09:08AM
Been a week since I watched. If I remember correctly, Don Nolan "Yellow Fever" from Taylorsville IL.

Re: Don Nolan September 15, 2018 12:02PM
Many people remember him for his pro stock, but he ran it as a super stock before NTPA added the pro stock class. It was a pretty stout tractor when it was a super stock.

Does anyone know how many turbos he ran in its super stock setup?

Re: Don Nolan September 15, 2018 06:10PM
I think Don Nolan's MM was running 2 turbo's in this movie clip....I saw this tractor in person several times..I remember watching this movie at the local drive in sitting on a lawn chair in the back of my pickup..

Re: Don Nolan September 16, 2018 07:32AM
Below is an excerpt from the Legneds story I did in Don Nolan in the Oct. 2015 "the PULLER".

Don bought a new red and white M-M 1050 from Jennings and they installed the M-M 800 motor. It pulled from ’69 until the end of ’73 when the 800 motor was ruled out of competition by NTPA rules. Known as “Old Misfire #1”, the name was derived from one cylinder would fire and the other five quit. Don claims he still does not know why. He just let Earl Smull deal with it. Its biggest claim to fame was winning a very early bowling Green, Ohio class, perhaps the 15000 class and likewise at Louisville. Then the tractor was switched back to stock and finally saw farm field work for the first time.
For ’74, a first series M-M G-1000 was built specifically for pulling. The tractor was bought at a Sikeston, Missouri auction in fairly rough condition.
“Yellow Fever” originally was a alcohol fueled Super Stock until ’79. It sported twin, triple and later, quad turbos which was short lived, turning the 30.5 x 32 tires. This tractor was Jennings’s engineered. It spent the bulk of its career on the ITPA circuit. However, it earned national wins at Elkhorn, Wisconsin in ’74, Indiana State Fair in ’75 and Terre Haute, Indiana in ’76. Scott was a young teenager and remembers pulling at all the large NTPA national pulls. Scott believes Don was always a top five tractor at the invitational Louisville pull.
When the Pro Stock class was offered, a lot of tractor’s were converted from Super Stock including “Yellow Fever” and many tractors were built new specifically for Pro Stock having to use a fuel the tractor engine was manufactured for. “Yellow Fever” Pro Stock utilized gasoline, a racing high octane racing gas.

Re: Rare footage 1976 NTPA Terre Haute, IN pull September 17, 2018 05:31AM
Very cool! The sand rail at the very beginning was bad a$$!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard