Ceramic coated pistons September 09, 2018 08:53AM
Anyone ever have the tops of their pistons ceramic coated? Running stock pistons and wondering if it would be a good idea to coat them to keep some heat out of them.

Re: Ceramic coated pistons September 09, 2018 09:22AM
I have not personally had it done but i know guys that have an they seem very pleased with results.

Re: Ceramic coated pistons September 09, 2018 12:04PM
Yep, had my pistons ceramic coated on the tops & Teflon coated on the skirts. Worth every penny.

Re: Ceramic coated pistons September 09, 2018 01:35PM
Who did them for you ? Great to hear some first hand experience, freshing up my engine this winter and have always thought about doing it

Re: Ceramic coated pistons September 09, 2018 02:51PM
I offer coatings for pistons and many other parts. I offer up to 3 Stages of coating. You can do ceramic tops, dry-film lubricant skirts, and thermal dispersant on the underside. I am happy to coat the tops only, tops and skirts, or all 3 stages. My price is $14 per stage, per pistons. If you did all 3-Stages you are looking st $42 per piston on coating new parts. I can coat used parts in some cases, but may be an additional charge for preparing and cleaning used parts.

I have a lot of experience coating parts for pullers and would be glad to help.
Email or call to discuss specifics on you project.
Thanks,
Joshua Mobley
High-Rev Technology
jmobley@high-rev.com
(731)574-1128 If no answer, please leave a message and I will return your call!

Re: Ceramic coated pistons September 09, 2018 02:49PM
Wipeout did mine. Very pleased with the results. Need to watch as some places won’t do used pistons so make sure you tell them from the start.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009