Anything New Regarding NFMS September 11, 2018 07:54AM
Since the seasons end is upon us what are the latest rumors or news regarding this years Farm Show.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 11, 2018 08:06AM
2019 applications will be available sometime before the end of the month. Please stand by...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 11, 2018 08:09AM
Hopefully 2 light super classes and a finals!

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 11, 2018 09:06AM
Hopefully they add the mini’s!!

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 11, 2018 09:44AM
Hopefully two new announcers.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 14, 2018 03:31PM
4 at Wheatland at PPL champions tour. Doubt you will see it anytime soon

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 17, 2018 07:07AM
There are well over 20 quality minis east of the Mississippi that could win on any track.....Koesters x 3, Bauer x 2, Veney, Sheltons x 3, Jostock, Slaghs x 2, Eder, Lacey x 2, Richardson, Zimmer, Thompson, Bultman, Bradtmueller, Bultemeier, Hathaway, Peters, Berg, Leischner...ad nauseum.....not even counting the three from California or the R 2, 3, 4, and 5 competitors. You can even throw in a whole bunch of small block minis from Wisconsin and get to well over 50 good show pieces. The class isn't going anywhere. JW

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 11, 2018 10:02AM
Hopefully they increase the payout to more than pennies on the dollar.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 03:43AM
Grubby
Hopefully they increase the payout to more than pennies on the dollar.

Curious, what is the payout for NFMS? I asked Dave Bennet one time and he wouldn't say.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 04:50AM
Last year the website said around $250,000. Haven't looked this year. Funny how all the pulls used to advertise the purse, now none of them do. That's not a coincidence. If I was getting something around 2 million in ticket sales and only paying back 12 percent to the entertainment, I'd probably not say much either. Saw a previous thread on here where the winner of a NTPA grand national SF class gets a whopping $725. Unfortunately the only ones who can change it are the pullers. And they don't seem to care.kinda blows my mind. And if someone wants to question my figures, they all came straight from the nfms website.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 06:32AM
Grubby while I understand your desire to see bigger payouts to pullers-I do also, who wouldn't-a lack of understanding of the structure of the event is clouding your comments.

The Farm Show and the Pull are state-run events, no different than the state fair or the North American International Livestock Exposition. The committee is a contracted group that puts together a turn-key event for the Kentucky Expo Center and the Fair Board they report to. Putting a roof over a pull costs money; even though the state owns the facilities they have to cost out things just as if an outside party is coming in and using those facilities. There's a ton of labor cost for services that you may or may not realize that have to be done before, during and after the event, from security at the door to ticket takers to the folks who have to clean the bathrooms. It all costs money.

For perspective, let's figure what the plan B alternative to a pull costs. If so inclined, hypothetically, the pull got replaced with four concerts during the week with top-flight talent. The example I use is Luke Bryan who is $67 per ticket, on average. $67 per at 18,000 seats with floor seating is $1.206 million per night multiplied by four nights, so we're knocking on 5 million in ticket sales, and 6 million if there was a Saturday afternoon concert. The pull, figure $40 per ticket to factor in the reduced price seating around the starting line, 15,000 seats = $600,000 per night. 5 sessions, = 3 million....if you sell EVERY seat.

Lucky for us, we have a fair board that supports Agriculture, the Farm Show, the Pull, and the NAILE. The Fair Board was decidedly less Ag-oriented a few years back and the change is a breath of fresh air. So, for as long as we have a pro-NFMS, pro-CTP group of Fair Board members going to bat for things I think I would let any purse issues slide. Again, I too would LOVE to see bigger payouts, but when the economics offer on paper other more profitable alternatives, I am happy to see the event continue on as-is.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 07:02AM
Bet a Luke Bryant concert couldn’t rent out 1.2 million square feet to vendors either though....

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 07:05AM
You still haven't addressed why the payout is so small? Do you really think the musical act is only going to get 10-12% of the gate like the pullers do? I understand that is costs money to put on a pull, I really do. But it doesn't cost 2 million dollars. At a minimum, Luke Bryan gets $250,000 PER SHOW. On average for the 5 shows the pullers are getting $50,000. So it costs double to get him to play those concerts, but your paying him 5 times more than the pullers. The NFMA pull is a cash cow for everyone except the pullers.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 07:09AM
I meant the venue makes twice as much when he's playing than compared to the pull, but your paying him 5 times more (at least) than the pullers.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 07:49AM
Grubby, you make a good point. I can't say how much the total cost of either option is either, because we don't know the arrangement between an entertainer and a venue is. However any option that provides double the gross income on paper might be a more viable option...in that respect the numbers do not lie.

LSS: I am trying to see your point here. We need to separate the "Show" and the "Pull" as separate events going on in the same spot. I know what booth space costs for a 10x10 hole in the South Wing (ADVERTISING ALERT) and I still pay it....I have also worked the numbers for the entire building, and its amazing. BUT....that South Wing is probably still attached to a bond payment, along with numerous other KEC expenses that include taking down Cardinal Stadium and putting in a multi-use Ag facility. It all costs money.

And again, yes...I too would love to see higher payouts to pullers, no matter what event it is.

But I leave you with this question, for everyone who reads this: if we doubled, maybe even tripled payouts, how would we view the outcome of those scenarios as there is weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth on the escalating costs to compete at our current level?

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 08:13AM
I didnt want to start a thread about the purse but every year it happens. I have not heard of anybody turning down a invite to the NFMS. If you want to fix the problem quit going to the pull if you dont like it. When they have no pullers they will not fix the problem but that wouldnt happen to be honest if I was to recieve a invite I would skip all the way to the mailbox.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 08:18AM
No worries from me "NFMS."

I think it is healthy to discuss things and place them in perspective. We might all disagree in many ways but we're only fighting for the sport we all love, from our perspective and opinion.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 08:33AM
Just a Pulling Show !!!! Some place to go in the winter to drink beer and watch a Pulling Show !!!!

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 13, 2018 11:40AM
For country fest in Ohio, Luke Bryan got $600,000 for 2 hours! Your just a little bit off!!

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 13, 2018 12:37PM
Pullers need someone on their side to negotiate for them. Nobody is asking to get rich or even turn a profit but if you can’t make enough with a $100,000+ investment to pay for your weekend the sport is not sustainable. Even the multi-millionaires eventually get burnt out spending and spending! Something should change or the sport will eventually fizzle out.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 08:54AM
lol Grubby was never a musician.... by the time the venue, promoter, insurance, sound tech, light guy, etc take their share. the musician/artist/performer is pretty much a furniture mover that works for free... been there done that.

Kidding aside, 10-15% of a ticket face value to a performer is pretty much standard now days. an that's for a know artist... try being in an indy band, seems like most bars i played i ended up with a higher bar tab than my share of ticket sales by the end of the night lol... sound familiar?

We pay to play in dirt. that's what this sport is...

want to make money playing in dirt? apply for a job driving a dozer or excavator Cool dont be a farmer... they dont make much too.

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 12, 2018 01:36PM
Talking about what it costs to rent venues. It has been a few years back but Rupp Arena used to be $25,000/night plus percentage. Makes me wonder what Freedom Hall rents for.

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 13, 2018 02:00AM
I love the farm show been going many years for me personally and maybe some others, it would be cool to see all the “pulling vendors” in a single wing or area .... takes 3 years to find some booths Lol. Ya I know they want u to walk threw the Show and see all the vendors and I still would, but I think centrally locating certain especially the pulling vendors in a general area would be good idea.

Adam Draudt

www.MADPullingPics.com

or follow us on

or email us at: Email us

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 13, 2018 03:19AM
We have a booth right by the pit entrance in Broadbent arena, It's a great location to stay close to the pulling side of the Farm Show. There is limited space there, but if any pulling related vendors are interested, it may be worth a shot. Just a suggestion

Aaron Docter
Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244

Re: Anything New Regarding NFMS September 13, 2018 07:37AM
[www.thebalancecareers.com] Looks like big name acts get up t0 80% of the gate with average acts getting 50%. And the pullers are getting less than 10% at Louisville? Like I said, someone is getting rich here and it's obviously not the pullers.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009