NFMS CTP Application now online September 23, 2018 09:29AM
Farm Show Application

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2018 09:52AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 23, 2018 09:54AM
Still no weeknight and no finals for LSS!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 23, 2018 10:32AM
One class each of the 3 super stock tractor class an 4 prostock classes -- that just aint right --- everyone knows the light super should have 2 sessions and a final, thats the very reason i don't attend the farm show pull anymore - same bunch of tractors every year, same old show-- different year !!!!!!!

They are sóoooooo lost September 23, 2018 12:20PM
Don't these dopes even watch there own show. The open ss class is so bad and the lss so good so what do these idiots do 2 open and 1 lss. The same garbage show year after year and they wonder why the attendance is dying.

Re: They are sóoooooo lost September 23, 2018 12:58PM
In all fairness didn't they change the show the previous two years? Added limited pro one year and light pro the next? It's not a total overhaul but they've made some steps in the right direction and they deserve credit for it. I have said for years all these classes of pro stock tractors is ridiculous. Another class of light supers seems like a no brainer but I guess they have their reasons for not doing it. I just hope they'll keep making some changes over the next few years. Better late than never I guess.

Re: They are sóoooooo lost September 24, 2018 02:20AM
Your right they did, but how many 1 charger classes do they need and how many 2 wheel drive classes do they need also, " if all the mods had to run 1 motor wouldn't that be exciting " NOT !!!!!! --- not bashing your comment at all-- i agree maybe they will change it up some more .

NFMS September 24, 2018 06:41AM
i wished everyone would complain some more!!!! geez!! Heres an idea, if your a fan pulling, support pulling, go drink beer go have fun get drunk and cheer on your favorites!! all i see everyday is complaints and judgements on louisville.... im very familiar with several board members and people involved in putting this show on and believe they are doing the best they can to make improvements!!! If you think you can do better, join the board! The last two years have been a tremendous upswing. The 50th was a major success. The board and directors from 4 years ago have been completely replaced (they were not ag or pulling friendly) So please just ease up! It cant all happen over night, not only are they making changes to CTP but htey are also doing the best they can to run and upgrade the machinery show. Theres lots of things i would like to see too, including more light supers and minis but im gonna bash. Im gonna reserve my room at crown plaza, im gonna show up tuesday and im gonna set in section 235 ramp R row M seat 5 just like i have done since 1991!! why? because i support pulling not just louisville but all pulling right to county fair shows and garden tractors!!!

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 23, 2018 01:16PM
They need to clean house down there with the classes. Looking forward to going to see 80ProStocks. I guess you're get to see the Best on the way down to the worst.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 23, 2018 11:55PM
Ha I cannot believe there is still not 2 light super classes. What a freaking shame. 4 prostock, 2 super farms, and 2 TWDs??? Really?!

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 12:43AM
You would think that the " powers to be " would listen to the fans an give them what they want--- alot of the fans want another session of light supers and a class of minis --- there is absolutely no reason for 4 pro stocks classes --- i like pro stocks, their extremely impressive but still no reason for 4 classes let some other classes in, you would think the " powers to be " would see that attendance is down for a reason, farm show is nor the show it once was, needs mixed up some, i for one wonr be going back anyway soon, its to political for me !!!!, PS: I know- wont be missed !!! Lol

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 01:28AM
There is no reason to have 4 PS classes, there is just not that many top level PS to chose from. DSS, Alchol SS and Mod only get one session and then top 6 go to Sat night, why not the the LSS.And the 4.1 get an evening show and LSS doesn't, this makes no sense.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 03:40AM
Major problem
There is no reason to have 4 PS classes, there is just not that many top level PS to chose from. DSS, Alchol SS and Mod only get one session and then top 6 go to Sat night, why not the the LSS.And the 4.1 get an evening show and LSS doesn't, this makes no sense.

Why do people not honor tradition? Been 4 Pro classes for along time. 4.1's are a 1500 HP deduct from the pro's

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 04:00AM
Prostock fann attic...
Why do people not honor tradition? Been 4 Pro classes for along time. 4.1's are a 1500 HP deduct from the pro's

Why do people not honor tradition? They've only had a Finals since 1993. Each session was stand alone before that all the way back to the beginning.

While we're at it, Saturday night always ended with the 15,000 lb SS class. Why can't we honor that tradition?

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 25, 2018 04:25AM
The Original Michael
Why do people not honor tradition?

Best guess they are liberals,...………….Smoking

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 04:06AM
Tradition ? Use to be 7500 SS and 9500 SS, and minis to, lets see if i understand this, at least 7 or 8 classes of 1 charger tractors that start with PRO STOCK and drops back in horsepower down to limited pro or super farm , enough 1 charger classes.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 04:29AM
Tradition will get this show buried. Times and pulling and fans are changing. Adapt and it will carry on.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 05:57AM
The NFMS hasn't cared about the fans in decades. The venue is overrated and the ticket prices are obscene. Several other winter pulls now that are just as good if not better from a fans perspective.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 12:36PM
I like super farms but would rather watch 4.1’s, 4.1’s are good but would rather watch ProStocks, like pro’s but like DSS also. Problem is can’t get more than 10 of them that are competitive! So.... it’s a farm (Machinery) show. I am a farmer, and I am interested in what resemble farm tractors the most! 4 classes of ProStocks is fine with me!! I have never had and alcohol tractor on my farm. Can’t remember last two wheel drive pickup I had?? Never had a tractor with 5-6 motors! Don’t forget who the majority of fans are at the CTP and how they relate! I believe fair board does.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 24, 2018 01:38PM
Couldnt agree more! Alcohol tractors should have to remove the hood and pull the modified class.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 25, 2018 03:33AM
Go downtown in the evenings to the PBR club and other establishments. Scenery is better and youll have alot better time and probably spend about the same money.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 27, 2018 02:04AM
maybe they don't get enough lights appling to have 2 classes?

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 27, 2018 02:33AM
Even if they only have one class they still deserve a finals. They deserve a weeknight session as well. I'm 100% posistive that if they had a finals they would get more applications. There are guys in the LSS class that don't like getting treated like second class citizens. The LSS is a premier class and it was probably the best class of the entire show last year with Jacob Fuqua's emotional win and yet the class still gets treated like a second tier class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 27, 2018 04:00AM
I second what Jake said. Not only is there more than enough quality LSS tractors for two sessions, most of them would apply, if not already, knowing there was two sessions.

Re: NFMS CTP Application now online September 27, 2018 06:26AM
I guess I don't understand why there has to be two sessions of LSS before they get a Saturday evening finals.Yes that would be nice to see 24 LSS but the truth is that the DSS, Open SS and Mods only have one session and then they take the top 6 to Saturday night. There's no reason that the LSS could not be formatted that way also. As much as I like the other classes the LSS has way more quality tractors to choose from. Face it when you get past the top 5 tractors in both the DSS and Open SS the level of competitiveness drops off some what. I wouldn't be surprised that what the committee is trying to do might be counterproductive to what they are trying to accomplish. With no Saturday finals the number of applications may be down. I believe they are going at it backwards.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2018 06:49AM by Dick Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,674, Posts: 229,773, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,077, Posts: 225,946.

Our newest member Jason